LTH Home

Sun Wah BBQ

Sun Wah BBQ
  • Forum HomeLocked Topic BackTop
  • Sun Wah BBQ

Post #1 - February 15th, 2015, 2:21 pm
    Post #1 - February 15th, 2015, 2:21 pm Post #1 - February 15th, 2015, 2:21 pm
    In light of the recent discussion about Sun Wah BBQ, the GNR Committee decided it was appropriate to review the restaurant’s GNR status outside of the typical renewal cycle. In general, we prefer to handle these types of issues during the renewal cycle, but exceptions will be made as appropriate. As always, it is the Committee's goal to reflect the feelings of the board, and in this case, special consideration seemed necessary. Due to the clear mandate from the community, Sun Wah BBQ’s GNR status is being revoked immediately. If, at some point, the community feels that Sun Wah is again deserving of recognition as a GNR, it can be nominated and discussed then.

-Onur, for the GNRs
  • Post #2 - February 17th, 2015, 10:32 am
    Post #2 - February 17th, 2015, 10:32 am Post #2 - February 17th, 2015, 10:32 am
    The 3 recent closing due to health violations and the owners troubling follow-up comments makes their GNR removal an easy decision. As a forum we need to consider the health of its patrons.
  • Post #3 - February 17th, 2015, 8:58 pm
    Post #3 - February 17th, 2015, 8:58 pm Post #3 - February 17th, 2015, 8:58 pm
    I ate there yesterday, had a great meal. Not dead yet.

or perhaps I'm sending this from the afterlife in which case, damn, the afterlife is boring.
  • Post #4 - March 12th, 2015, 4:18 am
    Post #4 - March 12th, 2015, 4:18 am Post #4 - March 12th, 2015, 4:18 am
    If we are going to revoke GNR status, I feel it should be based on objective criteria. Clearly, multiple failed health inspections would be such a criteria. If we are considering the health of a restaurant's patrons, maybe we should include all failed health inspections. Of the 27 current nominees for GNR, 14 have failed health inspections. My guess is that if I checked all of the GNR restaurants against the Chicago Food Inspection database, I would find a similar percentage of failures. One failure may not be enough to disqualify a restaurant for GNR status, and ten failures may be more than enough, but we should have an objective measure.
  • Post #5 - March 12th, 2015, 9:27 am
    Post #5 - March 12th, 2015, 9:27 am Post #5 - March 12th, 2015, 9:27 am
    FrankP wrote:If we are going to revoke GNR status, I feel it should be based on objective criteria. Clearly, multiple failed health inspections would be such a criteria. If we are considering the health of a restaurant's patrons, maybe we should include all failed health inspections. Of the 27 current nominees for GNR, 14 have failed health inspections. My guess is that if I checked all of the GNR restaurants against the Chicago Food Inspection database, I would find a similar percentage of failures. One failure may not be enough to disqualify a restaurant for GNR status, and ten failures may be more than enough, but we should have an objective measure.

Frank,

Please see this thread.

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Moderators
    Same planet, different world

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat