LTH Home

LTHforum Picnic, Sunday, September 13th - everyone come!

LTHforum Picnic, Sunday, September 13th - everyone come!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 11 of 13
  • Post #301 - September 14th, 2009, 7:04 am
    Post #301 - September 14th, 2009, 7:04 am Post #301 - September 14th, 2009, 7:04 am
    Cathy and Michele--another excellent picnic, amazing work! I'm still in a daze (and/or food coma).

Ed, killer photos. I still can't believe I missed the brisket. I'm going to be the first person to arrive at next year's picnic. :D
  • Post #302 - September 14th, 2009, 7:37 am
    Post #302 - September 14th, 2009, 7:37 am Post #302 - September 14th, 2009, 7:37 am
    Wow, I really felt like I barely scratched the surface this year. The dessert table was truly a groaning board this year, I just tried a tiny portion of it (but so many wonderful things), and I always feel like there were a million salads, too, which I barely delved into after so many meats, though my wife came away with a couple she wants recipes for (for me to make!) Some that I found especially interesting and novel: Khaopaat's Indian street food thing; Octarine's recreation of the famous LA Korean tacos, which made it clear why this is such a natural and tasty cross-cultural combination; Pairs4Life's boiled peanuts (which I've always been curious about); those wonderful jasmine tea marshmallows (Happy Stomach, right?); Beth Fisher's great apple cider sorbet (she's so good at that); Ronnie the indefatigable Old Fashioned maker; and on and on. Thanks to Cathy and Mhays for organizing, really a great day and a great new location.

By the way, a couple of people asked where to get a Sky Full of Bacon bag. Go here.
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #303 - September 14th, 2009, 7:52 am
    Post #303 - September 14th, 2009, 7:52 am Post #303 - September 14th, 2009, 7:52 am
    nice batch of pictures gleam,

I have a few that I will probably have time to post tonight after work.
  • Post #304 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am
    Post #304 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am Post #304 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am
    Thanks so much to everyone who organized or contributed to this great event--I'm just sorry I had to leave so early.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but the ones I took were more of the appetizers and desserts (funny, because that's mostly what I stuck to), so they might be of interest in filling that gap. So here they are:

• Post #305 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am
    Post #305 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am Post #305 - September 14th, 2009, 8:29 am
    I'll join the chorus of praise. What a fantastic day! Great food, people and organization. It was nice to meet some new folks and see familiar faces.

Some of my favorite bites included Jazzfood's beet napoleons, Mike G's pastrami, Buddy Roadhouse's corn casserole, JoelF's ginger cashew salad, happy_stomach's jasmine marshmallow, Hammond's World Famous cookie and aschie's plum tart. Ronnie's old-fashioned, eli's negroni and the Domaine DuPage from JimTheBeerGuy helped wash it all down. The bike ride home was not a quick one. ;-)

One comment for next year: we might want to consider separating alcoholic beverages from non-alcholic beverages and keep an eye on them. I kept a few kids from filling their cups with wine or soju when the water cooler ran dry.

Cheers!
    -Mary
  • Post #306 - September 14th, 2009, 8:32 am
    Post #306 - September 14th, 2009, 8:32 am Post #306 - September 14th, 2009, 8:32 am
    Another home run. Thanks to Michele, Cathy, and all the other folks who helped to make yesterday memorable. And, thanks to my fellow LTHers who put out some truly amazing food.

I look forward to all the photos and browsing through the recipe list.

Ronna
  • Post #307 - September 14th, 2009, 8:35 am
    Post #307 - September 14th, 2009, 8:35 am Post #307 - September 14th, 2009, 8:35 am
    The GP wrote:One comment for next year: we might want to consider separating alcoholic beverages from non-alcholic beverages and keep an eye on them. I kept a few kids from filling their cups with wine or soju when the water cooler ran dry.

Thank you for the observation and averting a problem!

It was pointed out we needed more water for next year. We will definitely separate adult beverages from the g-rated drinks.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #308 - September 14th, 2009, 8:40 am
    Post #308 - September 14th, 2009, 8:40 am Post #308 - September 14th, 2009, 8:40 am
    Despite arriving too late to partake of the pastrami, brisket and a few other items that were quickly eaten by the hordes of hungry LTHers, my husband and I both found more than enough food items to put us in a complete stupor by the time we reached home. I really loved BuddyRoadHouse's corn casserole (I think I went back three times for more), Ronnie Suburban's dragon turds (I kept walking by, snatching one and saying to myself, this is REALLY the last one -- at least five times), Jazzfood's incredible beets, GAF's taboule salad, and a host of other items too numerous to mention. I'm not sure who else brought what, but it was simply amazing to see such an elaborate display of food made with love and care for others who really appreciate what goes into making it. The company was delightful as well. It was good to meet new people and say hello to old friends.

A heartfelt thank you to Cathy2 and MHays for their skillful organization of the best food party ever!

Suzy
    " There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
    - Frank Zappa
  • Post #309 - September 14th, 2009, 8:42 am
    Post #309 - September 14th, 2009, 8:42 am Post #309 - September 14th, 2009, 8:42 am
    The GP wrote:The bike ride home was not a quick one. ;-)

No kidding. I thought the hungry ride from Wilmette to the picnic was tough (though very fast). The 8 miles home from the picnic was slowww... :D
  • Post #310 - September 14th, 2009, 9:04 am
    Post #310 - September 14th, 2009, 9:04 am Post #310 - September 14th, 2009, 9:04 am
    who made the peanut-butter chocolate rice krispy things? those were amazing. also loved the corn pie.

thanks to all who organized and attended! lots of fun.
    http://edzos.com/
    Edzo's Evanston on Facebook or Twitter.

Edzo's Lincoln Park on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Post #311 - September 14th, 2009, 9:19 am
    Post #311 - September 14th, 2009, 9:19 am Post #311 - September 14th, 2009, 9:19 am
    Cathy2 wrote:
    It was pointed out we needed more water for next year. We will definitely separate adult beverages from the g-rated drinks.

It looks like next year, I'll have to bring 10 gals of water (instead of the 5 that was in the cooler) and two briskets instead of the one that disappeared quicker than a politician when the check arrives. I was busy carving brisket, so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted, but I'll be posting a few tonight or tomorrow.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #312 - September 14th, 2009, 9:28 am
    Post #312 - September 14th, 2009, 9:28 am Post #312 - September 14th, 2009, 9:28 am
    Let's take stock: Still full? Check. Drowsy and slow-moving? Check. Waistband feeling uncomfortably snug? Check. Yeah, I'd say the picnic was a big success ;)

Thanks to the Cathy & Michele for organizing, and to everyone for bringing delicious foods/drinks and good convo! I'm looking forward to the next event.

(I'm also looking forward to some buttermilk-brined chicken and hot links for dinner...ohhhh yeah.)
  • Post #313 - September 14th, 2009, 9:36 am
    Post #313 - September 14th, 2009, 9:36 am Post #313 - September 14th, 2009, 9:36 am
    elakin wrote:who made the peanut-butter chocolate rice krispy things? those were amazing. also loved the corn pie.

thanks to all who organized and attended! lots of fun.

Pucca and gastro gnome, respectively, two of my favorites as well.

Hell's Kitchen peanut butter on honey wheat was dead-on. Uncanny, as were Mike's pastrami and Steve's brisket.
  • Post #314 - September 14th, 2009, 9:44 am
    Post #314 - September 14th, 2009, 9:44 am Post #314 - September 14th, 2009, 9:44 am
    What a great event!! It totally lived up to the hype. Unfortunately I had to leave a little early (so I could attend an event at a Jewish cultural organization smelling like smoked pork). So many great food items, it's hard to single a few out. Jimswside--unbelievable pork. All the smoked meats were amazing. Also on my short list: Santander's Miang Kam (can't wait to try those at home--endive is ingenious), the rigatoni pasta salad (who made that? Was that Bari sausage?), Gypsy Boy's char siu, geno55's ice cream/sorbet combo, Hellodali's thai dacquiri's, Ronnie's old fashioned (which probably left me stumbling around the picnic grounds, I can't remember), Khaopat's pav bhaji.
    Extra thanks to the organizers!! Terrific job.
  • Post #315 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am
    Post #315 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am Post #315 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am
    Reading these recaps I see I missed alot of items, I need to be take a page from Panther in the Dens book, and bring a checklist next year. :D
  • Post #316 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am
    Post #316 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am Post #316 - September 14th, 2009, 9:48 am
    There were so many great things at the picnic, I don't even know where to start. Thanks to Cathy2 and Mhays for organizing. Thanks to everyone for great food and great conversation. And a special thanks to whoever brought the pinata for the kids. (I think that was Ramon?)
  • Post #317 - September 14th, 2009, 9:52 am
    Post #317 - September 14th, 2009, 9:52 am Post #317 - September 14th, 2009, 9:52 am
    Great fun.

Great food.

Great meeting new friends.

Thanks all for a wonderful afternoon.

And thanks Ronnie for a superb Old Fashioned (or two).

TC
  • Post #318 - September 14th, 2009, 10:18 am
    Post #318 - September 14th, 2009, 10:18 am Post #318 - September 14th, 2009, 10:18 am
    The BEST picnic I've ever been to. I loved being educated on how to put together street tacos, and create an authentic pulled Cuban pork experience. I would have never imagined that I would get to experience Indian (Bombay) street food. I felt privileged to watch the precise care it took to make an old fashioned (drink). Boiled peanuts and Muscatine grapes are meant to go together...who knew? Turkish sweets straight from Istanbul...oh my! I forgive the person who brought XXX potato chips...I thought they were BBQed, my fault. Fortunately I had lavender/honey ice cream and peach sorbet to sooth my mouth. :D StevieZ's brisket...like butter. The passion and artistry that went into the construction of the goat cheese and beet appetizers (an interactive demo if there ever was one!). The giant mushroom....flowers arranged around the most beautiful stacks of tomato salad. Did you notice the presentation of the PBJ's with peanuts all around them? Watching people close their eyes as they savored the flavors. It all just filled me up both physically and on a sensory level as well. I so enjoyed meeting the people behind the "name". I truly appreciated the enormous effort to organize and execute such an event (Cathy/Michele...and others I'm sure). The generosity and good cheer evident and palpable. Wow Wow Wow My socks were knocked off. The short list of all the recipes I'd like to see would be the candied chicken, Cuban pulled pork, boiled peanuts (really!), meat from heaven, marshmallows (could a regular sort of cook pull them off?). cashew chicken and Mrs. GWivs potato salad (I liked the apples in it!). Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by razbry on September 15th, 2009, 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Post #319 - September 14th, 2009, 10:19 am
    Post #319 - September 14th, 2009, 10:19 am Post #319 - September 14th, 2009, 10:19 am
    Couple thousand words for y'all:

Germuska's fiery peanuts:

MBH's delectable sausage and cheese trays
    ImageImage

Katayif (whose?)

Sparky's Sticky Marmalade Roll

Somebody insisted these cookies were great...I didn't get to try one, so I can't comment...

Jam-filled cookies

The GP's Palm Beach Brownies

I'm pretty sure this is Gastro Gnome's broccoli slaw (should have taken notes)

razbry's raspberries and tarts (wasn't I right about those berries? Her U-Pick is open until frost...)
    Image Image

PigOut's mac and cheese

Mrs. Ingie's plum cake

I think this is aschie30's plum/saffron tart?

Eli's beautiful bacon apple pie, which I hovered around but got distracted and never tasted, dammit, and which was too large to really fit in the frame...

Beautiful bruschetta

Cookie hearts

justjoan's financiers and brownies
    Image Image

nr706's meat-based appetizers, which I quite liked and want the recipe for, and thanks for allowing me to cross another species off my "things I want to try someday" list. (and I loved that someone piped up "it's kind of like alligator.")
    Image Image

Why Stevez Didn't Take Any Pictures

The fishing hole featuring Mr. Mhays, Mr. Irisarbor, young irisarbor, Lucas_Suburban and his buddy

Lucas being the only one who caught anything to speak of
    Image Image

Many, many regrets - the worst of which was leaving my container of m'th'su's beans and greens behind - even missed some of the food that came in the car with me! Best bite of the day? A spoonful (all that was left) of chocolate sorbet, and then raspberry sorbet over its dregs. Yum. I think generally I either ate or took a picture (not purposely, just how it came to be,) so I was able to enjoy MikeG's pastrami, laikom's fiery jerky, Louisa's pan bagnat, Gary's chicken, muscats and peanuts, and far too much more.
  • Post #320 - September 14th, 2009, 10:40 am
    Post #320 - September 14th, 2009, 10:40 am Post #320 - September 14th, 2009, 10:40 am
    razbry wrote: :D Kenny Z's brisket...like butter.

Kenny,

I really hope you share that recipe. :wink:
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #321 - September 14th, 2009, 10:56 am
    Post #321 - September 14th, 2009, 10:56 am Post #321 - September 14th, 2009, 10:56 am
    oooops! Did I get my Z's mixed up? :oops: I've got food love to spare...love to you both!
  • Post #322 - September 14th, 2009, 11:07 am
    Post #322 - September 14th, 2009, 11:07 am Post #322 - September 14th, 2009, 11:07 am
    My better half

Lazygal09

Mr. Mhays sets up

philw mans the Klose

Ms. Ingie

Ms. Wiv loves her citrus

Getting the dragon turds on the smoker

This is how Cathy2 rolls

Germuska, Khaopaat and DosaGirl (left to right)

RAB bringing in the goods

RAB & REB's pickles and pork rillettes

Khaopaat's Pav Bhaji

GWiv chats with RAB and REB

LTHers, including Hammond and Razbry, mingling

A couple of folks from the irisarbor contingent

Everyone inches closer as stevez slices his smoked brisket

Mr. irisarbor (aka Frank) chats with David Hammond

Gypsy Boy gets ready to enjoy a dessert

elakin and daughter Nora

Getting our grub on

moetchandon and nr706 bring in the rattlesnake canapes

Jazzfood starts his on-site prep

Caramel (Bad-Ass) Pie by jlawrence01

World's Greatest Cookie by David Hammond and his wife Carolyn

Tomato Mozzarella Stacks by VillaMickey

irisarbor slices her bacon-wrapped meatloaf

Ramon sets up for later

Jazzfood (left) gets ready to serve while Mr. Tilapia stands at the ready

More of a culinary installation than a dish

Beet Canapes, up close

Jerk Chicken by Cinny's Mom

Corn Dish (Buddy Roadhouse?)

Peanut Butter & Bacon Sandwiches - delicious!

Hammond shows off his gigantic chicken of the woods mushroom

A satisfied customer

Obviously, some pesky dragons had crashed the party

Ancho Sausage

Gary brings Katie a plate of Dragonturds

Matt Elmer sleeping it off

Piñata festivities

Waiting for a chance to strike the piñata

The Piñata Creature
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #323 - September 14th, 2009, 11:28 am
    Post #323 - September 14th, 2009, 11:28 am Post #323 - September 14th, 2009, 11:28 am
    stevez wrote:
    razbry wrote: :D Kenny Z's brisket...like butter.

Kenny,

I really hope you share that recipe. :wink:

No recipe, because I've never made beef brisket. I think razbry was complimenting my smooth-like-butter pectoralis area.

Though my wife and I had a terrific dinner yesterday to celebrate our anniversary, I wish I'd been able to partake in what looks to have been a better-than-ever picnic. Looking forward to next year.
    ...defended from strong temptations to social ambition by a still stronger taste for tripe and onions." Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

Fuckerberg on Food
  • Post #324 - September 14th, 2009, 11:52 am
    Post #324 - September 14th, 2009, 11:52 am Post #324 - September 14th, 2009, 11:52 am
    fantastic picnic. i missed so many foods while chatting, but it was all part of the gestalt of the day, so i'm not disappointed. i hope others will echo my belief that this was the a terrific picnic site. it was great to be able to retreat to the shady grass to take a breather, and parking was easy and close. i hope we can get it again next year . thanks everyone, justjoan
    (oh, and the recipe i'd love most would be dansch's harissa and nectarine salsa sausages)

edited 1 time.
    Last edited by justjoan on September 15th, 2009, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #325 - September 14th, 2009, 12:11 pm
    Post #325 - September 14th, 2009, 12:11 pm Post #325 - September 14th, 2009, 12:11 pm
    I like making lists, so here is my top 5 of what I tried (sadly, far too little):

1. Pastrami, Mike G... Unreal. I came back for seconds and thirds. Never got the chance to compliment him, so here ya go.
    2. ABTs, ronnie_suburban... I've never seen bacon this thick or flavorful, and the heat level was just right.
    3. Chocolate Macarons, Cookie Monster... Delightful Pastries is quickly rising to the top of my must-try list.
    4. Bruschetta with Prosciutto, not sure who made this... Beautifully charred garlicky bread with a great meat/cheese combo.
    5. Caribbean Jerk Jerky, Panther in the Den... Give me a bucket of this and I'm a happy man.

Thanks for the great food and company! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
  • Post #326 - September 14th, 2009, 12:13 pm
    Post #326 - September 14th, 2009, 12:13 pm Post #326 - September 14th, 2009, 12:13 pm
    My favorite was JimTheBeerGuy's candied szechuan bacon. I oscillated between telling everyone around me that they had to try it and seriously considering taking the whole bowl back to my picnic spot so I could eat it all myself.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #327 - September 14th, 2009, 12:45 pm
    Post #327 - September 14th, 2009, 12:45 pm Post #327 - September 14th, 2009, 12:45 pm
    Headed home last night, I moaned that I was...famished. The Wife -- who, you know, has heard this lament so many times that she gives me the "I'm just not listening" look when I say I'm hungry after a party -- kept bringing me tasties thoughout the day, but I never filled a plate and only rarely picked up something to nibble on. I've come to the not-entirely-comfortable conclusion that I actually may enjoy talking about food more than eating food. Make no mistake, I feel I'm a more enthusiastic eater than most non-LTH civilians, and I try to stay on the front lines in the fight for better food everywhere, but when it comes right down to it, I'm more a converser than an eater, though I'm trying hard to be better at both. That said, this event was a rich symposium of food authorities on a variety of topics, and I got an ear full of thoughts about good stuff to eat, new ways to cook, and places I should try.

In terms of location, range of foods and people, and general chit-chat, this was, for me, perhaps the most successful LTH picnic yet. C2 and MHays, you two did a wonderful job of pulling this together -- and thanks, too, to Octarine who asked as as-needed bouncer.
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #328 - September 14th, 2009, 1:50 pm
    Post #328 - September 14th, 2009, 1:50 pm Post #328 - September 14th, 2009, 1:50 pm
    BTW - since flickr technically doesn't like you using it to upload data, for your reference here's who signed up for what in non-spreadsheet form:

Screen Name Dish Name
    aschie30 Savory tarts
    borborigmy phyllo feta and dill torte
    BrendanR Blair's Death Rain Potato Chips
    dansch Pickled herring or ?
    David Hammond World's Greatest Deviled Eggs/Cookies
    dicksond homemade pickles
    DRC1379 Baba Ganouj
    Foodie1 savory snack
    Germuska Chili Peanuts
    Hellodali Chilled Moroccan Tomato soup
    irisarbor Almost Famous chipotle guacamole & chips
    Jazzfoodsister Baked beans
    JimTheBeerGuy Candied Szechuan Bacon
    Khaopaat Pav bhaji
    laikom Beef Jerky
    MBH cheese and sausage
    Mhays Pate de Campagne
    Nr706 meat-based item
    Pairs4Life boiled peanuts
    Panther In The Den Bucket-O-Jerky
    REB Berkshire pork rillettes
    Ronnie_Suburban Dragon Turds
    Santander miang kam - 3 ways
    TCouch Grilled Buffalo-like Chicken Wings
    dicksond Wine
    einberliner Korean Pear and soju Drinks
    Giovanna Sun Tea
    Hellodali Daiquiris
    irisarbor Sweet Tea
    Mrs. Ingie Lemonade
    Ronnie_Suburban Old Fashioneds
    SteveZ 5 gallons water/dispenser
    tarte tatin Soft Drinks
    Trixie-Pea Punchbowl cocktail
    EvA black bean rye, black bean pumpernickel
    Hellodali Argo Bakery Breads
    Fifille Kimchi
    jlawrence01 homemade pickles, homeade pickled jalapenos, condiments
    Bill Turkish Delight from Istanbul
    Cookie Monster Gluten-free cookies
    Cynthia scottish shortbread
    Eli Apple Bacon Pie
    evelyn snickerdoodles
    geno55 chocolate sorbet
    geno55 lavender-honey ice cream
    gleam Ice cream & sorbet
    gp60004 grape dessert
    jlawrence01 Pie
    JoelF Homemade cheesecake (nuts)
    justjoan mini walnut brownies
    justjoan mini financiers baked with fruit
    Matt Elmer Bourbon County birramisu
    Sparky Mrs. Beaver's Sticky Marmalade Roll
    Mhays sorghum molasses taffy
    Mrs. Ingie Plum cake
    philw bakery items
    Pucca peanut butter crispy bars and chocolate peanut butter mini cupcakes
    razbry Raspberry tarts and fresh raspberries
    RomanticCynic Chocolate tart with chocolate crust
    sdritz molasses cookies
    Seth Zurer Crostata made with Zupiter-brand Blueberry Jam from Lake Keuka Blueberriesshorty Taiwanese Pineapple Tart
    The GP Palm Beach brownies
    (Jeff) - lurker Orzo
    Cathy2 Cevapcici and pita with Ajvar
    cinny's Mom smoked, jerked chicken
    DRC1379 lechon asado
    G Wiv Buttermilk Brined Chicken
    Germuska Cambodian "Meat from Heaven"
    glennpan Uncle John's Hot Links
    GypsyBoy char siu
    irisarbor Smoked meatloaf
    jimswside Martucky Pulled Pork
    JoelF Ginger Cashew Chicken Salad (nuts)
    Josephine Portuguese chourico
    Katie Picnic Chicken
    Leek beef chili
    Louisa Chu Pan Bagnat
    mhl Will Special
    Mike G pastrami a la Extramsg.
    Octarine Kogi Truck style Korean tacos
    Picky Eater Chilli
    Ronnie_Suburban home-made ancho sausages
    SteveZ Zen method brisket
    T Kent Columbus Pb&J
    Thaiobsessed empanadas (pork filling).
    Ursiform Art's Tamales
    Vital Information friandises
    Cabbagehead mushroom ham salad, Celery root remoulade
    dicksond watermelon salad
    evelyn Black bean and corn salad
    GAF salad
    gastro gnome Broccoli Slaw
    gastro gnome Pasta Salad
    justjoan corn and bean salad
    jygach Tabbouleh
    jygach Mango Salad
    LikesToEatOut Italian Lentil Salad
    LikesToEatOut Hijiki Salad
    Mario Orzo salad
    Mtyf Ginger-infused fruit salad
    RAB Tomato Feta Salad
    The Lovely Dining Companion chuka soba salad with Sun Wah poultry TBD
    villamickey Tomato Mozzarella Stacks
    BuddyRoadhouse Something corny
    DRC1379 Cuban Black Beans
    gastro gnome Corn and Tomato Pie
    Giovanna Vegetable Terrine
    Jazzfood Bhut Salsa
    Jazzfood Napoleons of Roasted Beets with Honey Laced Goat Cheese, English Walnuts and Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette
    Katie Melon
    m'th'su beans and greens
    m'th'su tomato jam
    Panther's Bride bacon-wrapped asparagus
    pigOut baked mac and cheese
    REB pickled vegetable platter
    dfawley garbage bags
    dfmickley baby wipes
    einberliner cooler of ice
    elakin plates and cups
    Giovanna Cooler of Ice
    jimswside Table
    Khaopaat folding table
    King's Thursday water
    lazygal09 Tablecloths
    Mario Paper Towels
    MBH Plates, plastic utensils
    Mrs. Ingie Plastic utensils
    Mrs. Ingie Games
    Mrs. Ingie 2 folding tables
    Panther's Bride Cooler of Ice
    Ramon Pinata
  • Post #329 - September 14th, 2009, 2:10 pm
    Post #329 - September 14th, 2009, 2:10 pm Post #329 - September 14th, 2009, 2:10 pm
    Heather22 wrote:Finally decided on a menu.... bringing Korean Style Chicken Wings, that I affectionately call candied chicken.

These were the chicken wings with the sweet glaze on them? They were fantastic! Would you post the recipe in the picnic recipe thread?
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #330 - September 14th, 2009, 2:11 pm
    Post #330 - September 14th, 2009, 2:11 pm Post #330 - September 14th, 2009, 2:11 pm
    Oh, and I thought there should have been a special award for excellence of presentation for Jazzfood's roasted beet/goat cheese Napoleans.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more