LTH Home

2021 Gardening Info

2021 Gardening Info
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • 2021 Gardening Info

    Post #1 - April 1st, 2021, 4:58 pm
    Post #1 - April 1st, 2021, 4:58 pm Post #1 - April 1st, 2021, 4:58 pm
    Time to start thinking about warmer weather and getting the garden going!

    The Talking Farm Seedling sale will be starting soon—like last year, it will be super easy—order online and they’ll have curbside, no-contact pick up.

    Like last year, members will get first dibs (along with discounts on the seedlings and other things like the very popular Singing Farm concerts and farm dinners).

    What’s new? Lots of interesting veg and herb varieties!!

    Early info here—sign up for the mailing list or join to ensure you don’t miss out! https://fb.me/e/1h8FOwQCb
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #2 - April 7th, 2021, 10:23 am
    Post #2 - April 7th, 2021, 10:23 am Post #2 - April 7th, 2021, 10:23 am
    The Talking Farm has their seedling sale info posted--lots of new varieties this year and Ronnie, they have Holy Basil :D !

    Here is the list: https://www.thetalkingfarm.org/calendar/seedling-sales/

    Pre-sale for members starts on April 15th and opens to the public on April 19th. Members also get a 20% discount on all seedlings and events (the Singing Farm concert/picnic series is back this summer and, hopefully, two farm dinners). Additionally the higher level membership gets 20% off of Farmers Market and our on-farm Pick-Your-Own-Basket (PYOB) purchases. Info on membership is here: https://www.thetalkingfarm.org/how-to-help/become-a-member/
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #3 - April 7th, 2021, 10:44 am
    Post #3 - April 7th, 2021, 10:44 am Post #3 - April 7th, 2021, 10:44 am
    boudreaulicious wrote:The Talking Farm has their seedling sale info posted--lots of new varieties this year and Ronnie, they have Holy Basil :D !

    Excellent. I think I'm already covered but I couldn't resist officially becoming a Sprout, anyway! :D

    =R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

    Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #4 - April 7th, 2021, 10:47 am
    Post #4 - April 7th, 2021, 10:47 am Post #4 - April 7th, 2021, 10:47 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:The Talking Farm has their seedling sale info posted--lots of new varieties this year and Ronnie, they have Holy Basil :D !

    Excellent. I think I'm already covered but I couldn't resist officially becoming a Sprout, anyway! :D

    =R=


    That's great!! Hope you and the fam can join us for a concert--they're a lot of fun!!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #5 - April 7th, 2021, 1:08 pm
    Post #5 - April 7th, 2021, 1:08 pm Post #5 - April 7th, 2021, 1:08 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:That's great!! Hope you and the fam can join us for a concert--they're a lot of fun!!

    Oooh, they're doing concerts again! We really enjoyed the one we attended.
    -Mary
  • Post #6 - April 7th, 2021, 6:27 pm
    Post #6 - April 7th, 2021, 6:27 pm Post #6 - April 7th, 2021, 6:27 pm
    The GP wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:That's great!! Hope you and the fam can join us for a concert--they're a lot of fun!!

    Oooh, they're doing concerts again! We really enjoyed the one we attended.


    We’re doing 6!!!! First one is May 23rd—we have all of the bands back who performed last summer and will be adding an awesome 80s cover band. The last slot is TBD, along with the restaurants. I’ll post the full schedule as soon as we have it.
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more