LTH Home

Red & White Wines, the shop

Red & White Wines, the shop
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Red & White Wines, the shop

Post #1 - February 16th, 2017, 11:06 pm
    Post #1 - February 16th, 2017, 11:06 pm Post #1 - February 16th, 2017, 11:06 pm
    The new thread about Red & White's upcoming wine bar made me realize that we had no thread for their fine shop, so I thought I should start one.

I've been digging this expertly-curated shop and first learned about it while dining at Boeufhaus, where the owner of Red & White, Nathan Adams, runs the distinctive, interesting, reasonably-priced wine list. In any case, this R&W is a reliable go-to for interesting wines, wines that are terrific and a bit off the beaten path. I feel like there's nothing in the place that isn't worth trying. Service is knowledgeable and friendly. Prices are mellow. It's the kind of place that makes shopping for wine a fun, anxiety-free experience.

=R=

1861 N Milwaukee Ave
    Chicago, IL 60647
    (773) 486-4769
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 8:44 am
    Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 8:44 am Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 8:44 am
    Agree on all fronts.

I was very disappointed when the original Provenance closed down blocks from me in Logan Square, but that was mostly convenience factor. I always considered Red & White to be the superior store in terms of variety. And the staff is very knowledgeable, listens well, and in the many suggestions they've offered to me over the years, I can't recall one I felt was off the mark.
  • Post #3 - March 15th, 2020, 12:38 pm
    Post #3 - March 15th, 2020, 12:38 pm Post #3 - March 15th, 2020, 12:38 pm
    Was surprised and sad to see an email from Red & White partially and temporarily closing, open only for pick up and delivery due to prevention of spreading COVID-19.

Really hoping small businesses such as Red & White can weather the storm...

Dear Friends and Natty Wine Lovers,

Given the developing information regarding the spread of COVID-19, we have decided to temporarily suspend our hours of operation at Red & White and Noisette. We feel we must acknowledge how little we understand about the spread of this virus and therefore err on the side of caution. We very much want to carefully consider the health and well being of our co-workers, friends, family and clientele.

During this time, we will be refocusing our attention on pick-up and LOCAL delivery options for all of your wine needs. We will be available all week from 12-8pm via phone and email. Please see our Instagram feed for inventory updates.

- (773)486-4769
    - info@redandwhitewineschicago.com

As a small business, this has not been an easy decision. While we are closing our spaces with heavy hearts, we hope that with these pickup and delivery options we can provide a bright moment in your home with wines we love from around the world.

We appreciate your support and understanding.

To health and happiness,
    Nathan, Jamie, Kat, and Josh
  • Post #4 - July 16th, 2020, 5:47 am
    Post #4 - July 16th, 2020, 5:47 am Post #4 - July 16th, 2020, 5:47 am
    Al Ehrhardt wrote:Was surprised and sad to see an email from Red & White partially and temporarily closing, open only for pick up and delivery due to prevention of spreading COVID-19.

A lot of good shops works like that. I hope that this one will stand in this situation
  • Post #5 - July 21st, 2020, 11:06 am
    Post #5 - July 21st, 2020, 11:06 am Post #5 - July 21st, 2020, 11:06 am
    For what it's worth, they do now have their inventory online for shopping, which is a change and makes it much easier to shop. I picked up a couple of cases last week and found it quite easy. And, of course, the selection is top notch as always.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more