LTH Home

LTHNLG - Boston Fish Market - Wheeling - 12/18/2018 - 12:30

LTHNLG - Boston Fish Market - Wheeling - 12/18/2018 - 12:30
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - December 19th, 2018, 9:39 am
    Post #31 - December 19th, 2018, 9:39 am Post #31 - December 19th, 2018, 9:39 am
    Cathy2 wrote:At $23 pp, this was a great meal.

This remains just one of my favorite places to eat in the Chicago area. The way to tackle this place is with a large group because firstly, you get to try more things, which is pretty good its own right, but mostly because the value is amplified as you can better split the items.

I'm glad that there are now two versions. As far as I could tell, from this sole experience at Wheeling, there were a few subtle differences. As shown above, the garlic bread is different, more of a true garlic bread vs bread indifferently grilled at the original. The vegetable side, which is really one of the things I love best here, was different (again see above). Instead of the briami mix, it was green beans AND potatoes. Even though we actually did not finish the plate, I wished it was bit bigger. Really liked the potatoes but did not get to try many green beans. Finally, as also already noted, the octopus salad was a lot lacking in octopus, much less than I recall in Des Plaines.

This place is huge. At lunch there were tons of open tables. I wonder what it will be like at weekends.

I'll also note that the days of BYO, which was such a key part of the experience, are long gone. There is a full bar here and corkage, if so inclined, is $25 per bottle.

Thanks LTHNLG for setting this up.
    Think Yiddish, Dress British - Advice of Evil Ronnie to me.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more