LTH Home

Dine on Rainbow Thai at Ainslie Arts Plaza-October 16 @ Noon

Dine on Rainbow Thai at Ainslie Arts Plaza-October 16 @ Noon
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Saturday looks perfect for a plaza lunch Poll ended at October 16th, 2021, 10:21 am
    Noon?
    29%
    4:30 PM (note sundown at 6:15ish)?
    29%
    Order your own and eat?
    14%
    Order as a group and split costs?
    29%
    Total votes : 7
  • Dine on Rainbow Thai at Ainslie Arts Plaza-October 16 @ Noon

Post #1 - October 12th, 2021, 10:21 am
    Post #1 - October 12th, 2021, 10:21 am Post #1 - October 12th, 2021, 10:21 am
    Hi,

Update: 12:00 pm at Rainbow Thai to order lunch for moi or whomever wishes to join.

I will then cross over to Ainslie Arts Plaza. If there is no seating, then dining el trunko.

To support this interest to prop up Rainbow Thai, it was proposed to meet at Ainslie Arts Plaza to dine on take-out at Rainbow Thai this Saturday, October 16. Weather suggests partly cloudy with highs around 60.

According to information on the web, they have lunch and dinner hours on Saturday with a break in between.

Please complete the poll, if you wish to attend. Any suggestions and comments can be made in subsequent posts.

Regards,
    CAthy2

Rainbow Thai
    4825 N Western Ave
    Chicago, IL 60625
    (773) 754-7660
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #2 - October 13th, 2021, 6:39 am
    Post #2 - October 13th, 2021, 6:39 am Post #2 - October 13th, 2021, 6:39 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Please complete the poll, if you wish to attend. Any suggestions and comments can be made in subsequent posts.
    Suggestion, add another choice "would like to attend but am unable to, please keep me in mind for a future date"

This would allow those of us who can't make this Saturday to state that as well as indicate future interest, would be good to see if there are others like me who are sorry to miss this Sat but would welcome the chance to go with other LTHers at a future date.

TIA for the consideration.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #3 - October 13th, 2021, 7:53 am
    Post #3 - October 13th, 2021, 7:53 am Post #3 - October 13th, 2021, 7:53 am
    HI,

Just learned I cannot edit a poll after it is released.

I did think about offering multiple dates. When it is outdoors and in the fall, you cannot count on good weather. From the pictures, I did not see much of a shelter.

Plus anyone can propose this, especially if supporting Rainbow Thai is their goal.

If it turns out to be a few people and myself OR just myself, well that is just a little more business they had. It may inspire others to order who might not have otherwise. Sometimes you have to look at incremental progress.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #4 - October 13th, 2021, 8:30 am
    Post #4 - October 13th, 2021, 8:30 am Post #4 - October 13th, 2021, 8:30 am
    You can always use doodle, an app built for this sort of planning.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #5 - October 13th, 2021, 8:42 am
    Post #5 - October 13th, 2021, 8:42 am Post #5 - October 13th, 2021, 8:42 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:You can always use doodle, an app built for this sort of planning.

=R=

Thanks, I use it and other apps when needed.

I am also doing this as a demonstration of how to be helpful.

Heck, once upon a time, people would suggest a lunch spot in the morning and suddenly there was a table of eager diners. I liked that tradition and hope it may return.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #6 - October 15th, 2021, 7:43 pm
    Post #6 - October 15th, 2021, 7:43 pm Post #6 - October 15th, 2021, 7:43 pm
    Hi,

Just noticed this was not listed as an LTH Event.

Too bad, especially when the goal is to support Rainbow Thai.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

• Post #7 - October 15th, 2021, 11:19 pm
    Post #7 - October 15th, 2021, 11:19 pm Post #7 - October 15th, 2021, 11:19 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Just noticed this was not listed as an LTH Event.

Too bad, especially when the goal is to support Rainbow Thai.

I'm sorry. I just noticed that this had converted from planning to an actual event. Otherwise, I would have placed a note on the sidebar earlier. It's there now.

I also added the address to your original post.

Thanks,

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #8 - October 16th, 2021, 9:37 pm
    Post #8 - October 16th, 2021, 9:37 pm Post #8 - October 16th, 2021, 9:37 pm
    Hi,

At the stroke of noon, I was at Rainbow Thai. For those who know me, I am just-in-time or a little bit late type person. I felt honor bound to arrive on time. Unfortunately, Rainbow Thai was locked up and their phone did not pick up. I later learned I should have waited just a bit longer.

At 12:10 Mamagotcha and Chouxfly arrived just about the time I left. They located the park, then they saw Rainbow Thai opening up. By the time we communicated with each other, I was southbound to an Open House Chicago location with a friend waiting.

I apologized to M and C, but they were delighted by their food and ending up someplace they had not thought about for a while.

On my way home, I placed an order at Rainbow Thai for some Issan sausage without the bird's eye chilis, but please include the ginger, peanuts and greens. I also ordered those tiny eggrolls, too. I ate all the sausage by the time I reached the Edens Expressway. The eggrolls needing more precise handling waited until I got home.

I paid cash and made a generous tip. At the very least, they avoided paying a commission to the credit card company.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #9 - October 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm
    Post #9 - October 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm Post #9 - October 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm
    We had a lovely meal and were glad we decided to go. Thanks for making it happen, Cathy2!
    “Assuredly it is a great accomplishment to be a novelist, but it is no mediocre glory to be a cook.” -- Alexandre Dumas

"I give you Chicago. It is no London and Harvard. It is not Paris and buttermilk. It is American in every chitling and sparerib. It is alive from tail to snout." -- H.L. Mencken
  • Post #10 - October 17th, 2021, 2:16 pm
    Post #10 - October 17th, 2021, 2:16 pm Post #10 - October 17th, 2021, 2:16 pm
    Cathy,

I wish I had seen the post. I would have been there. With so few dining events, I don't check the page every day or two anymore, but this is a tradition that is worth supporting.

I haven't seen any information about an LTH Xmas party.

Gary
    Toast, as every breakfaster knows, isn't really about the quality of the bread or how it's sliced or even the toaster. For man cannot live by toast alone. It's all about the butter. -- Adam Gopnik

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more