LTH Home

"Heavenly Bites: Mexico" on Netflix

"Heavenly Bites: Mexico" on Netflix
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • "Heavenly Bites: Mexico" on Netflix

Post #1 - January 25th, 2022, 7:19 pm
    Post #1 - January 25th, 2022, 7:19 pm Post #1 - January 25th, 2022, 7:19 pm
    A totally batsh#t crazy Mexican series on Netflix. Epsiode one covers variations on the Michelada and episode two is all things Dorilocos or Dorilocos-inspired*. Kind of stunty but fun.

*Tostitripos - a Tostitos-based walking taco with grilled tripe and toppings.
  • Post #2 - January 28th, 2022, 9:38 am
    Post #2 - January 28th, 2022, 9:38 am Post #2 - January 28th, 2022, 9:38 am
    Yesterday I tried to watch the one about the Dorilocos, and chips in general. I had to turn it off. The camera work is fantastic to a point of almost nauseating. When they started the depiction of the Elotes with the cup lined with mayo, and nacho cheese, and then showed the extra layer of mayo on the top - it was way too much for me. I happily watch all the gore in the world, too - I generally have an iron stomach for such things. It was just way too over the top for me with all of the crystal clear filmwork of jiggly cheese and mayo. The camera work was fantastic, and the stories are probably great. I'll watch more of these. Matter of fact, I'ma fire a diff one up right now.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #3 - January 28th, 2022, 10:55 am
    Post #3 - January 28th, 2022, 10:55 am Post #3 - January 28th, 2022, 10:55 am
    Much of it is stunt food but there are some entertaining moments. Netflix's other Mexican food series, Taco Chronicles, takes a more straightforward approach.
  • Post #4 - February 6th, 2022, 10:54 am
    Post #4 - February 6th, 2022, 10:54 am Post #4 - February 6th, 2022, 10:54 am
    I will watch when I resubscribe to Netflix sometime. Some of their other food shows give so much time to the camera crews to get their shots on location that they just blow away the cable shows about food and travel from years past.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more