LTH Home

The Great American Baking Show

The Great American Baking Show
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
     Page 1 of 2
  • The Great American Baking Show

Post #1 - December 1st, 2017, 12:45 am
    Post #1 - December 1st, 2017, 12:45 am Post #1 - December 1st, 2017, 12:45 am
    Hi- I thought there was a separate discussion about the show somewhere, but I could not find anything except under the Great British Baking Show. While I was watching the Disney World Christmas show tonight, they showed something on the screen about the Great American Baking Show. I just looked it up, and the third season of the program is going to premiere next Thursday 12/7 at 8:00 pm on ABC. It sounds like they are going to run the show for three weeks, with two episodes running each Thursday, and so a total of six shows. Love Productions is again putting it on, but instead of Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood is going to be one of the judges, and Johnny Iuzzini is returning as the other judge. There are going to be two new hosts too. I wish Mary was coming back, but Paul is ok. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #2 - December 1st, 2017, 11:00 pm
    Post #2 - December 1st, 2017, 11:00 pm Post #2 - December 1st, 2017, 11:00 pm
    Hi- I just checked the ABC website, and there are a lot of people that are angry that Mary is not coming back. They don't care for the new hosts either. Ayesha Curry and Anthony "Spice" Adams are going to be the hosts. Apparently she has a program on the Food Network, and is married to Stephan Curry the basketball plater, and Anthony "Spice" Adams is a retired football player. He played for the Bears from 2007-2011.
  • Post #3 - December 2nd, 2017, 7:45 am
    Post #3 - December 2nd, 2017, 7:45 am Post #3 - December 2nd, 2017, 7:45 am
    Hey, it's nice to see Spice get the good network gig! I judged Baconfest with him a couple years ago. He's a pretty funny guy who should be perfect for this job in a "fish out of water" type of way. Hopefully, they'll play to his strengths and not take the whole thing too seriously.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:14 am
    Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:14 am Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:14 am
    Did anybody watch the show? I couldn't watch it because I had rehearsal tonight at ETHS. The group that I sing with is doing a holiday concert with the Evanston Symphony this Sunday at ETHS, and we has to rehearse with the orchestra while the show was on. I finally got home around 10:00. I've been online shopping for some kitchen things that I need, and I noticed that there is a ton of Aleysha Curry branded stuff out right now, including some cookware and some dishes. The show is supposed to run 3 weeks, but I don't know if that means that there are supposed to be six shows or not.
  • Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm
    Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm
    Hi- I just found out that the show got creamed in the ratings last night by Thursday Night Football and the Big Bang Theory. They started out with ten contestants, and two of the contestants have been eliminated so far. They are doing two more hours 12/14, and the final two hours will take place on 12/21. One of the contestants is a priest. None of the contestants are from any where near here. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #6 - December 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm
    Post #6 - December 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm Post #6 - December 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm
    The remaining episodes of the Great American Baking Show have been pulled off the air by ABC in light of the sexual misconduct allegations against judge Johnny Iuzzini. 8 women have made claims about him when he was the pastry chef at Jean-Georges.

Unfortunately, I can only assume there will be more stories about chefs to come....
    Last edited by tcdup on December 14th, 2017, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #7 - December 13th, 2017, 9:46 pm
    Post #7 - December 13th, 2017, 9:46 pm Post #7 - December 13th, 2017, 9:46 pm
    tcdup wrote:This remaining episodes of the Great American Baking Show have been pulled off the air by ABC in light of the sexual misconduct allegations against judge Johnny Iuzzini. 8 women have made claims about him when he was the pastry chef at Jean-Georges.

Unfortunately, I can only assume there will be more stories about chefs to come....

Not to make light of this serious and disappointing development but between seasons, 3 of the 4 on-air personalities associated with this program were replaced and in the end, the 1 that remained was the 1 who brought the show down. Classic show biz irony.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #8 - December 14th, 2017, 6:15 am
    Post #8 - December 14th, 2017, 6:15 am Post #8 - December 14th, 2017, 6:15 am
    I definitely think there should be consequences for these guys, but I'm starting to wonder about the innocent people who are involved in a project with them. I feel especially bad for these poor amateur bakers who were looking forward to their time in the spotlight. I've heard they'll announce the winner, but that's it.
  • Post #9 - December 14th, 2017, 12:05 pm
    Post #9 - December 14th, 2017, 12:05 pm Post #9 - December 14th, 2017, 12:05 pm
    I was just going to remind people that the show is on again tonight. Oh well I guess not. I went on the shows website, and apparently they took down all the previous episodes of the show. I never saw the one last week. Does anybody know where I can see it? Maybe you tube? The show still shows up on ABC's schedule for tonight, but I read somewhere else that they are going to show reruns of the great Christmas light fight, and a country holiday music show that was on last week.

Who is going to be next? I am just waiting for somebody to report a woman. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #10 - December 14th, 2017, 1:40 pm
    Post #10 - December 14th, 2017, 1:40 pm Post #10 - December 14th, 2017, 1:40 pm
    Hi,

Just went over to ABC wifi stream to find last week's episode gone. All that remains are snippets from last year's competition.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #11 - December 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm
    Post #11 - December 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm Post #11 - December 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm
    saw Great British Baking Show last night.

Any bakeries in the area to buy those "type "of items?

Any good German bakeries around?

THX

Wally Wade
  • Post #12 - December 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm
    Post #12 - December 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm Post #12 - December 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm
    Hi- The Great American Baking Show is coming back for a new season on ABC on Thursday, December 6 at 8:00om. Anthony "Spice" Adams is returning as one of the hosts. The other host is going to be Emma Bunton from the Spice Girls. Paul Hollywood is returning as one of the judges, and he is being joined by Sherry Yard. I wish Mary Berry would return as one of the judges, but at least we have Paul. There is a new Great British Baking Show cookbook out. I think it includes the recipes from the latest season with Paul's new co host. Did they ever announce who the winner of the Great American Baking Show was last season? Hopefully there will not be any hitches this year. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #13 - December 7th, 2018, 3:38 pm
    Post #13 - December 7th, 2018, 3:38 pm Post #13 - December 7th, 2018, 3:38 pm
    Where can the recipes by found??

THX

Wally Wade
  • Post #14 - December 7th, 2018, 6:14 pm
    Post #14 - December 7th, 2018, 6:14 pm Post #14 - December 7th, 2018, 6:14 pm
    HI,

I did not watch last night's episode, so I don't know if these recipes are from this season or another.

The UK Show has it on their website as well as UK magazines and newspapers. I tend to search for the recipes by name plus the show.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #15 - December 7th, 2018, 8:04 pm
    Post #15 - December 7th, 2018, 8:04 pm Post #15 - December 7th, 2018, 8:04 pm
    Those recipes Cathy posted are from previous seasons. There are no recipes from last season on there. The show was okay last night. There are no bakers that stand out. I thought both of the bakers that got eliminated last night deserved to be. I don't care for the British host on the program. The hosts did not interact with the bakers as much as the ones on the first Great British Baking show did. It seems like the bakers did not interact with each other as much as they did on the British show. When the person that was being eliminated was announced, nobody but Paul went up to hug them. The show looked like it was still being filmed in Great Britain. One of the bakers on the first show though was having problems with whatever she was baking though, and she switched gears and baked something else that she knew by heart. There are two more weeks to go. They started out with ten bakers. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #16 - December 7th, 2018, 10:56 pm
    Post #16 - December 7th, 2018, 10:56 pm Post #16 - December 7th, 2018, 10:56 pm
    I was proud of myself for not recognizing who Baby Spice is/was. I wouldn't have had any idea who she was even if she'd had her initials tattooed on her forehead.

I think the new team of hosts and judges are less entertaining than the previous team, even with the 2 carry-overs. Mary Berry left a huge void.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #17 - December 7th, 2018, 11:04 pm
    Post #17 - December 7th, 2018, 11:04 pm Post #17 - December 7th, 2018, 11:04 pm
    Thanks to ALL.

Wally Wade
  • Post #18 - December 9th, 2018, 11:17 am
    Post #18 - December 9th, 2018, 11:17 am Post #18 - December 9th, 2018, 11:17 am
    They rebroadcast the show last night, and I watched it again. I noticed this time that during the second hour one of the bakers was running behind, and was still plating his mini cakes when they announced that he only had one minute to go, and another one of the bakers came over and helped him so he was able to finish in time. One of the bakers is from Chicago, and she has not been eliminated yet.
  • Post #19 - December 10th, 2019, 1:42 am
    Post #19 - December 10th, 2019, 1:42 am Post #19 - December 10th, 2019, 1:42 am
    Hi- The Great American Baking Show-holiday edition is set to broadcast its fifth season starting 12/12 at 8:00pm. This year there is a friar competing. There are ten contestants competing. Three are from the St. Louis area, and three are from California. Paul Hollywood is going to be one of the judges again, and Anthony "Spice" Adams is going to be one of the hosts. I tried to play the promo about it on ABC.com, and I am getting an error message. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #20 - December 28th, 2019, 4:29 pm
    Post #20 - December 28th, 2019, 4:29 pm Post #20 - December 28th, 2019, 4:29 pm
    They are having the semi finals and finals this next Thursday. I get the impression that one of the guys is going to be upset if he does not win. The judges did not like the showstopper he did this last Thursday, and I could tell he was upset about it. The Friar is still in. There are four people still remaining. When both of my sisters were watching the show with me this last Thursday, they both liked the show. One of my sisters asked if any of the bakers were professional, and I said no they were all amateur. She asked how did they know that they were all amateur? Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #21 - January 5th, 2020, 2:40 am
    Post #21 - January 5th, 2020, 2:40 am Post #21 - January 5th, 2020, 2:40 am
    Hi- Did anybody else see the show Thursday? I was happy about who won.
  • Post #22 - January 5th, 2020, 8:56 am
    Post #22 - January 5th, 2020, 8:56 am Post #22 - January 5th, 2020, 8:56 am
    NFriday wrote:Hi- Did anybody else see the show Thursday? I was happy about who won.

Me, too.

I was happy with the three who made it to the final rounds.

This was the best season of the American competition. The first one was embarrassing with people with so-so skills, but obviously picked for personality or some other criteria. If you select people who bake well, then everything falls into place.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #23 - January 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm
    Post #23 - January 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm Post #23 - January 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm
    Hi,

Participating in one of the facebook groups related to the Great British Baking Show is Sally Newton, who was a recent contestant on the Great American Baking Show. She has a blog with her take on the show here: https://bewitchingkitchen.com/

Regards,
    Cathy2

Post 26,000
    Cathy2

• Post #24 - December 11th, 2020, 11:56 pm
    Post #24 - December 11th, 2020, 11:56 pm Post #24 - December 11th, 2020, 11:56 pm
    Does anybody know if the show is going to be on this season? I took a look at their Facebook page, and they did ask bakers to apply for season #6 back in February, but then several people who did apply had not heard anything back from the show two months later. As far as I know the show is filmed in England at the same location the Great British Baking Show is sometime during the summer, and people would have been nervous about flying to England, and it would have been hard for people to socially distance. I suspect they decided to cancel the competition.

The Great Christmas Light Fight just started there new season on Wednesday, but all of the homes on the program were filmed last year. I highly suspect that not that many people are having huge Christmas displays this year because of the crowds those displays generate. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #25 - December 12th, 2020, 9:29 am
    Post #25 - December 12th, 2020, 9:29 am Post #25 - December 12th, 2020, 9:29 am
    NFriday wrote:Does anybody know if the show is going to be on this season? I took a look at their Facebook page, and they did ask bakers to apply for season #6 back in February, but then several people who did apply had not heard anything back from the show two months later. As far as I know the show is filmed in England at the same location the Great British Baking Show is sometime during the summer, and people would have been nervous about flying to England, and it would have been hard for people to socially distance. I suspect they decided to cancel the competition.

I think you are correct. The cost of filming in a bubble has to be steep. Nobody left the bubble during the key show. Maybe they accelerated the filming schedule, because they always give the impression is filmed on weekends with people home during the week practicing for the next.

I am looking forward to baking my next cake. I want to do what Peter did: listen for bubbles in the cooking cake batter. I know I never paid attention to that and want to experience it for myself.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

• Post #26 - December 12th, 2020, 10:08 am
    Post #26 - December 12th, 2020, 10:08 am Post #26 - December 12th, 2020, 10:08 am
    I think they did accelerate the filming schedule. It would not make sense for the bakers to fly home, and where are they going to be able to practice their baking if they stayed in England, and plus it would get so expensive to house them for ten weeks or whatever the British show takes to complete.
  • Post #27 - December 12th, 2020, 1:49 pm
    Post #27 - December 12th, 2020, 1:49 pm Post #27 - December 12th, 2020, 1:49 pm
    You tube is airing the Great Baking Show but hosted in Kenya. It has two seasons already.
    What disease did cured ham actually have?
  • Post #28 - December 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm
    Post #28 - December 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm Post #28 - December 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm
    Hi- I recently got a years deal on basic Hulu. I pay $1.99 a month. I was just looking at the cooking shows they offer, and they have one with Mary Berry called Great Home Cooks. It looks like it is a competition show. It was filmed in 2018.

She also has a Christmas special which is being shown on Christmas day in Great Britain. Apparently she goes to several homes, and gives them advice on how to cook a Christmas dinner. I have no idea if you can see it online. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #29 - December 22nd, 2020, 3:34 pm
    Post #29 - December 22nd, 2020, 3:34 pm Post #29 - December 22nd, 2020, 3:34 pm
    NFriday wrote:Hi- I recently got a years deal on basic Hulu. I pay $1.99 a month. I was just looking at the cooking shows they offer, and they have one with Mary Berry called Great Home Cooks. It looks like it is a competition show. It was filmed in 2018.

This was found on youtube, so certain there are more to see.

NFriday wrote:She also has a Christmas special which is being shown on Christmas day in Great Britain. Apparently she goes to several homes, and gives them advice on how to cook a Christmas dinner. I have no idea if you can see it online. Hope this helps, Nancy

It's called, 'Mary Berry Saves Christmas.'

You can try to see it here, but it might be restricted to certain regions.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qpzh

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #30 - December 22nd, 2020, 4:33 pm
    Post #30 - December 22nd, 2020, 4:33 pm Post #30 - December 22nd, 2020, 4:33 pm
    Hi- The BBC is going to broadcast Mary Berry's Christmas show tomorrow 12/23, and apparently it is going to be available to view shortly afterwards, whatever that means. She helps three people navigate Christmas dinner.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more