LTH Home

Sampling Chicago's Best Fare on a Chicago Food Tour

Sampling Chicago's Best Fare on a Chicago Food Tour
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Sampling Chicago's Best Fare on a Chicago Food Tour

Post #1 - January 15th, 2009, 12:08 pm
    Post #1 - January 15th, 2009, 12:08 pm Post #1 - January 15th, 2009, 12:08 pm
    Hungry for an authentic Chicago culinary and cultural experience? Then consider a Chicago food tour with Chicago Food Planet, which specializes in Food Tours through Chicago's most historic, delicious neighborhoods. Starting their fourth season in April, you can eat your way through the beautiful Gold Coast, Old Town, and Lincoln Park neighborhoods with their Chicago Tours of Food of Near North Side ($42, food included) or traverse the artists' colony that evolved into a hidden foodie paradise on the new Chicago Tours of Food of Bucktown / Wicker Park ($42, food included).

All food tours include mouth-watering food tastings, enough for lunch, from historic "mom and pop" specialty food stores and one-of-a-kind ethnic eateries while offering a narrated glimpse into Chicago's rich history, treasured architecture, and dazzling restaurant recommendations.

Details:
    When: 7 days a week, April - November
    Time: Tours start daily at 11 am to early afternoon
    How long: Approximately 3 hours
    How much: $42 per adult ticket (plus $2 ticketing fee)
    What’s included: All the food tastings, enough for lunch
    Who: All age groups and fitness levels
    Capacity: 16 people per tour
    Tickets: Purchased online at Chicago Food Planet Food Tours website or calling 212.209.3370

Chicago Tours of Food from Chicago Food Planet Food Tours is a great way to learn the Chicago foodie neighborhoods for local or visitors.
  • Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 2:16 pm
    Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 2:16 pm Post #2 - January 15th, 2009, 2:16 pm
    May I introduce you to the Professional Forum?

For anyone reading, here are the restaurants covered:

Delicious food specialties are served on the Bucktown/Wicker Park Food Tour from:

George's Hot Dog's: Top rated Chicago-style hot dog "stand" (est. 1948)
    Milk & Honey: A homemade breakfast and lunch cafe (est. 2002)
    Hot Chocolate: Chicago’s top pastry & dessert restaurant (est. 2004)
    Goddess & Grocer: A gourmet foods & organic grocerer (est. 2004)
    Coco Rouge: An artisan chocolate truffle lounge (est. 2000)
    Piece Pizza & Brewery: New-Haven style pizzeria & brewpub (est. 2001)

Delicious food specialties are served on the Near North Food Tour from:

Bacino's Pizzeria: Award-winning Chicago-stuffed pizzeria (est. 1978)
    The Spice House: America’s top spice & herb specialty shop (est. 1957)
    The Fudge Pot: A fudge and confectioner specialty store (est. 1963)
    Catering | Chocolate: A gourmet foods store and cheese shop (est. 1977)
    Ashkenaz Deli: An authentic Ashkenazic Jewish deli (est. 1975)
    Old Town Oil: A balsamic vinegar & olive oil specialty store (est. 2007)
    Tea Gschwendner: A specialty loose tea & tisanes merchant (est. 1978)
    ethel's Chocolate Lounge: A gourmet chocolate lounge (est. 2005)
  • Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 2:53 pm
    Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 2:53 pm Post #3 - January 15th, 2009, 2:53 pm
    not an especially creative list of places, especially for the "hidden foodie paradise" which I think many LTHers frequent with some regularity.
  • Post #4 - January 15th, 2009, 3:37 pm
    Post #4 - January 15th, 2009, 3:37 pm Post #4 - January 15th, 2009, 3:37 pm
    not an especially creative list of places, especially for the "hidden foodie paradise" which I think many LTHers frequent with some regularity.

For that, keep your eyes peeled for a special announcement from yours truly and happy_stomach later this spring. :D
  • Post #5 - January 15th, 2009, 3:39 pm
    Post #5 - January 15th, 2009, 3:39 pm Post #5 - January 15th, 2009, 3:39 pm
    Hi,

We are not their target audience. However for 80+ percent of the population, this is probably a more dynamic list. It is basic education from our point of view or an option to send a guest on an excursion you have to lead.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #6 - January 18th, 2009, 11:48 am
    Post #6 - January 18th, 2009, 11:48 am Post #6 - January 18th, 2009, 11:48 am
    hammockbag wrote:Tickets: Purchased online at Chicago Food Planet Food Tours website or calling 212.209.3370

Anyone else find it odd that you need to call New York to take a Chicago food tour?
  • Post #7 - January 18th, 2009, 3:56 pm
    Post #7 - January 18th, 2009, 3:56 pm Post #7 - January 18th, 2009, 3:56 pm
    scanz wrote:
    hammockbag wrote:Tickets: Purchased online at Chicago Food Planet Food Tours website or calling 212.209.3370

Anyone else find it odd that you need to call New York to take a Chicago food tour?

You are making the assumption that the person is based in New York. Many people keep their cell phones numbers long after they move.

Besides, you can call a Chicago based number and have it answered in an India call center.

I had to call the Nevada Department of tourism and the phone was answered in central Illinois.
  • Post #8 - January 20th, 2009, 4:17 pm
    Post #8 - January 20th, 2009, 4:17 pm Post #8 - January 20th, 2009, 4:17 pm
    Catering | Chocolate

I like this place, I live around the corner and go in for odd's and end's. They carry great cheese and the guy who owns it is a chocolatier and makes truffles, bark, etc all by hand that is very good.
  • Post #9 - August 11th, 2013, 1:14 am
    Post #9 - August 11th, 2013, 1:14 am Post #9 - August 11th, 2013, 1:14 am
    Hi Folks...
    I went to this amazing tour of Chicago's "Little India" and it was so much fun! we had a great time there. I went with my girlfriend and couple of my friends and we LOVED this tour.. check out! and go hungry there since there's a lot of food on the tour.. the tour guide who is also the owner of Spice of Life Tours was very knowledgeable about Indian culture and food..

[url]www.spiceoflifetours.com
    [/url]
    Dan..

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events