LTH Home

I'm teaching some cooking classes.

I'm teaching some cooking classes.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • I'm teaching some cooking classes.

Post #1 - February 8th, 2024, 10:26 am
    Post #1 - February 8th, 2024, 10:26 am Post #1 - February 8th, 2024, 10:26 am
    Hi everybody,

Longtime reader, first time poster. I have been doing a pop-up dinner series for a few years now, cooking the Jewish diaspora (https://www.instagram.com/diasporadinners/), and have recently gotten more into teaching cooking workshops. I'll be teaching two in Hyde Park in the next month or so:

Montreal Bagel Workshop:

Learn to make Montreal bagels from start to finish! This class covers everything from selecting ingredients, baking with yeast, proofing dough, shaping and boiling bagels, and determining doneness for breads.

You'll learn the differences between the various styles of bagels and will enjoy beers and classic deli snacks along with their finished bagels. We will bake Montreal style bagels and everyone will have extras to take home.

Link to tickets:
    https://www.exploretock.com/diaspora-dinners-chicago/event/465821/learn-to-bake-montreal-bagels

Falafel Workshop:
    Learn to make (almost) every part of a falafel sandwich from start to finish!

We will start with the raw ingredients for falafel, pita, and a classic middle eastern dessert, working through skills such as making and baking yeasted doughs, flatbread technique, deep frying, and more.

At the end of the workshop you’ll get to eat your extremely fresh falafel sandwich and dessert!

Link to tickets:
    https://www.exploretock.com/diaspora-dinners-chicago/event/465828/falafel-workshop
  • Post #2 - February 10th, 2024, 11:21 am
    Post #2 - February 10th, 2024, 11:21 am Post #2 - February 10th, 2024, 11:21 am
    Hi Dylan! It's Eric. Welcome to LTH!

LTHers, please consider signing up for these. Dylan is a talented chef and an absolute mensch!
  • Post #3 - February 24th, 2024, 11:37 pm
    Post #3 - February 24th, 2024, 11:37 pm Post #3 - February 24th, 2024, 11:37 pm
    I posted this to a friend who signed up for both classes.

I am looking forward to his report.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #4 - March 22nd, 2024, 9:06 pm
    Post #4 - March 22nd, 2024, 9:06 pm Post #4 - March 22nd, 2024, 9:06 pm
    My friend went to the bagel program, which resulted: Wednesday, May 22, 2024 @ 7 PM: Dylan Maysick, owner Diaspora Dinners, will speak on "The Soul of Jewish Food" for Culinary Historians of Chicago.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #5 - March 23rd, 2024, 7:16 pm
    Post #5 - March 23rd, 2024, 7:16 pm Post #5 - March 23rd, 2024, 7:16 pm
    Where is the event?

Zorkmead
  • Post #6 - March 24th, 2024, 8:17 pm
    Post #6 - March 24th, 2024, 8:17 pm Post #6 - March 24th, 2024, 8:17 pm
    zorkmead wrote:Where is the event?

Zorkmead

It will be announced on the Events board. It be available via Zoom.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more