LTH Home

Deli4You - New Polish Deli opens in Niles

Deli4You - New Polish Deli opens in Niles
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Deli4You - New Polish Deli opens in Niles

Post #1 - February 25th, 2023, 4:53 pm
    Post #1 - February 25th, 2023, 4:53 pm Post #1 - February 25th, 2023, 4:53 pm
    In the Trib today:

"The Niles store, located at 8526 W. Golf Road, a few doors west of Walmart in the same shopping center, opened its doors Feb. 23. It is the fifth outpost of the Deli4You chain, which has locations in Prospect Heights, Norridge, Schaumburg and Algonquin. Business and Marketing Director Joanna Antonik said everything had gone smoothly on opening day."

Hubby and I had been out in Prospect Heights a few weeks ago and we looked up the Deli4You store there based on recommendations we got from cousins at our Christmas party. It was a beautiful store. Now one is "soft opening" very close to us.

8526 W Golf Rd
    Niles, IL 60714
    (847) 398-0210
  • Post #2 - February 25th, 2023, 4:58 pm
    Post #2 - February 25th, 2023, 4:58 pm Post #2 - February 25th, 2023, 4:58 pm
    There are also a few comments towards the end of the long "Niles Champion" thread below.
  • Post #3 - February 25th, 2023, 5:33 pm
    Post #3 - February 25th, 2023, 5:33 pm Post #3 - February 25th, 2023, 5:33 pm
    Thanks for the post, Joy.

Fwiw, I didn't love Bacik's, which closed recently but they had many good items and I miss it, especially because it was so close to my office. Looking forward to checking out Deli4You. Not quite as close to the office but very much on the way to and from. :)

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #4 - March 5th, 2023, 10:25 am
    Post #4 - March 5th, 2023, 10:25 am Post #4 - March 5th, 2023, 10:25 am
    We visited the new Deli-4-You Polish deli on Golf Road in Niles the other day.
    It is perfect! Just large enough to have some of everything you would want: A big deli counter with lots of meats and cheeses, a big meat counter with lots of beef cuts and sausages. Lots of ready to eat hot and cold foods. Of course the usual fresh veggies and fruits. All sorts of kefir types of milks and yogurts.

In the deli counter, there were really tempting smoked fishes like walleye and salmon. And if your turned directly around, behind you across the aisle, there is a large selection of jarred herring.

It was past lunchtime but there were trays of samples of cheeses and sausages on toothpicks at the ends of the aisles. Very hard not to go back for a second or third sample!

Along the inside aisles, there were all the canned and jarred goodies like the cabbages, sauerkrauts, mushrooms, beets and more. Sauces. Spices, bags of spice mixtures, soup mixes and more.

Then we got to the bakery section! They had one of those big rolling bakery carts with 'shelves' of trays with all sorts of paczkis including plum. Hey! Its past Paczski day but who cares! We also got kolackies and other childhood memories.

But the most interesting "find" was the TWENTY PERCENT DISCOUNT that we received when we checked out! We tried to clarify if that was because we are old-looking people hahaha or a special on that particular day or what but there was a bit of a language barrier so... who knows!

Hope you have as good an experience as we did! Smashnego!
  • Post #5 - March 5th, 2023, 10:58 am
    Post #5 - March 5th, 2023, 10:58 am Post #5 - March 5th, 2023, 10:58 am
    Joy wrote:But the most interesting "find" was the TWENTY PERCENT DISCOUNT that we received when we checked out! We tried to clarify if that was because we are old-looking people hahaha or a special on that particular day or what but there was a bit of a language barrier so... who knows!

The 20% percent off is their Tuesday (senior citizens discount) and Wednesday promotion (all customers promotion) at all locations of Deli4You:

https://www.facebook.com/Deli4You
  • Post #6 - March 12th, 2023, 9:53 pm
    Post #6 - March 12th, 2023, 9:53 pm Post #6 - March 12th, 2023, 9:53 pm
    Yesterday we tried 3 items from the deli ready to eat food: Chicken meatball, potato dumplings, ham crepe. All were excellent. The ham crepe was the most interesting: Plainish ground ham tightly wrapped in a crepe, ends tucked in, then lightly coated with breadcrumbs and fried. Also enjoyed some Lowell Swedish salad, cucumbers and peppers in a bread and butter pickle-like brine, and some Paluszki Juniors, slightly sweet pretzel sticks.
  • Post #7 - March 15th, 2023, 6:19 am
    Post #7 - March 15th, 2023, 6:19 am Post #7 - March 15th, 2023, 6:19 am
    tjr wrote: Plainish ground ham tightly wrapped in a crepe, ends tucked in, then lightly coated with breadcrumbs and fried.

Those are generally called krokiety (or "croquettes") in Polish, but I also have heard naleśniki (the Polish "crepe") used for this type as well. It's pretty usual to eat at least the meat or mushroom ones accompanied with a bowl or cup or Polish red borscht (the clear style). Not sure I've seen the ham version served that way, though. But a meat croquette with borscht is one of my favorite Polish fall lunches/light dinners (or first courses).
  • Post #8 - March 15th, 2023, 7:44 am
    Post #8 - March 15th, 2023, 7:44 am Post #8 - March 15th, 2023, 7:44 am
    Just as a point of reference, I stopped by the Prospect Heights location last week. It was on my way to having lunch with Cynthia.

Smallish produce section. Nothing special in terms of pricing. Decent sized selection of groceries. Huge cold deli section. Dangerously placed bakery section next to the deli.

9 E. Camp McDonald Rd.
    Prospect Heights, IL 60070
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #9 - August 3rd, 2023, 6:47 pm
    Post #9 - August 3rd, 2023, 6:47 pm Post #9 - August 3rd, 2023, 6:47 pm
    I went to the one in Algonquin. I think "deli" is a bit of a misnomer -- this is more like a Polish supermarket. Tons of Polish and Centra/Eastern European canned goods, baking ingredients, condiments, etc. A nice selection of frozen foods, as well as the butcher counter and deli with cold cuts and prepared foods. They also have a big perogi making station, and the ones I took home had a great potato/cheese filling with a very thin, light wrapper. I boiled, then sauted them in butter with a good dose of Penzey's Parisien Bonne Herbes. The ingredients on the perogi were very simple: potatoes, farmers cheese, flour, water and salt.
  • Post #10 - August 4th, 2023, 4:49 pm
    Post #10 - August 4th, 2023, 4:49 pm Post #10 - August 4th, 2023, 4:49 pm
    tcdup wrote:I went to the one in Algonquin. I think "deli" is a bit of a misnomer -- this is more like a Polish supermarket.

This is another story like Krystyna's Deli, which is now KD Market. Deli4You started as a tiny place that was mostly deli -- then it grew, doubling in size. And now it has opened the new place, but unlike Krystyna's, it didn't come up with a new name to let you know that it's now a supermarket.

But the deli stuff is good. I particularly like their sour soup.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #11 - August 4th, 2023, 5:24 pm
    Post #11 - August 4th, 2023, 5:24 pm Post #11 - August 4th, 2023, 5:24 pm
    Calf’s liver looked wonderful, but the traffic in the store gave me claustrophobia. I felt like the American in the Turkish prison in Midnight Express trying to walk against the traffic…FYI, it was a WED at 4pm. (20% off)
    If you aren't tasting, you aren't cooking.
  • Post #12 - August 5th, 2023, 12:22 pm
    Post #12 - August 5th, 2023, 12:22 pm Post #12 - August 5th, 2023, 12:22 pm
    Evil Ronnie wrote:Calf’s liver looked wonderful, but the traffic in the store gave me claustrophobia. I felt like the American in the Turkish prison in Midnight Express trying to walk against the traffic…FYI, it was a WED at 4pm. (20% off)

And as an only slightly related aside -- that Turkish prison in Istanbul has been converted to a Four Seasons hotel -- and the exercise area in the movie was kept as it was.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #13 - October 13th, 2023, 11:34 am
    Post #13 - October 13th, 2023, 11:34 am Post #13 - October 13th, 2023, 11:34 am
    Bump to report that at the Niles location, there is a box lunch/dinner offer: pick a prepared meat (with some exclusions, I ended up with beef stew), 2 scoops of carbs (potato dumplings for me), and a scoop of veg (sauerkraut w/bacon) for $6.99.

ended up being a divided styrofoam container for the 2 former items, small plastic deli container for the latter.

Taste was fine - for 6.99 it might be the best lunch deal in the area nowadays. Wednesdays is now 15% off, Thursdays there is a soup of the day for $0.99. Not sure if the 6.99 lunch stacks with the Wednesdays 15%.

8526 W Golf Rd
    Niles, IL 60714
    (847) 398-0210

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events