LTH Home

Keto Baker Keto Treats

Keto Baker Keto Treats
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Keto Baker Keto Treats

Post #1 - August 2nd, 2022, 9:24 am
    Post #1 - August 2nd, 2022, 9:24 am Post #1 - August 2nd, 2022, 9:24 am
    Howdy, y'all!

When I get home from the summer hideout, I have to get back into the keto swing of things. I haven't really faltered too much, I think I've had two baked potatoes all summer, and nothing else remotely close to being considered a delicious, carb-dense treat. (Holy $%&% were those potatoes delicious.)

Anyway, I started this whole VERY low carb thing mid 2021, and I pride myself on finding "cheat code*" foods to keep the cravings at bay. I'm a cookie and doughy treat HOUND. Chips and salty type treats I can live without, but the flour and butter and sugar - it's tough. Kinda like cigarettes, I've ditched the whole "must have" mindset, but once in a while, I still like to have some form of ersatz baked good, or other type of sinful treat. I'll always be a fat kid at heart, just hopefully not body. Workin on it.

When in Destin / Pensacola this year, I found a few FANTASTIC treat mongers at the local farmers' mkts. Donuts, cookies, muffins, nut brittle, mini bundt cakes, etc. I didn't know things could be that good on a very low carb lifestyle. One lady's stuff (NaturBaker Nutrition) was made with pumpkin and sunflower flour, I think, and another noteworthy purveyor (Got Baked) used the standard nut flower / coconut flour for her goods.

I'm on the hunt for similar, prepared, keto treats in the Chicagoland area if anyone has any suggestions. I can search the web for this stuff, but checking here as well, since I know firsthand that most of you have tastebuds that work.

*Short list of my favorite cheat code treats right now:
    Enlightened brand Caramel Double Dough ice cream.
    Russell Stover sugar free peanut/nougat clusters.
    Russell Stover sugar free candy coated chocolate peanuts. (they are M&Ms)
    Werther's sugar free hard caramels (the caramel /chocolate one tops the list)
    Aldi brand Keto burger buns
    Pork Rinds with guac
    Sugar Free Sweet Baby Rays Bq sauce is not bad AT ALL!!!
    Tandoori smoked nuts (homemade)
    Those Keto Cluster things in the orange/white bag that Costco sells.

My day to day dessert is generally a big spoonful of sugar free pudding topped with a handful of fresh berries and a handful of unsalted nuts. It's the lap of luxury these days, but once in a while, ol Fatty Magoo here needs a freekin fake donut.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #2 - August 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm
    Post #2 - August 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm Post #2 - August 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm
    seebee wrote:Howdy, y'all!

When I get home from the summer hideout, I have to get back into the keto swing of things. I haven't really faltered too much, I think I've had two baked potatoes all summer, and nothing else remotely close to being considered a delicious, carb-dense treat. (Holy $%&% were those potatoes delicious.)

Anyway, I started this whole VERY low carb thing mid 2021, and I pride myself on finding "cheat code*" foods to keep the cravings at bay. I'm a cookie and doughy treat HOUND. Chips and salty type treats I can live without, but the flour and butter and sugar - it's tough. Kinda like cigarettes, I've ditched the whole "must have" mindset, but once in a while, I still like to have some form of ersatz baked good, or other type of sinful treat. I'll always be a fat kid at heart, just hopefully not body. Workin on it.

When in Destin / Pensacola this year, I found a few FANTASTIC treat mongers at the local farmers' mkts. Donuts, cookies, muffins, nut brittle, mini bundt cakes, etc. I didn't know things could be that good on a very low carb lifestyle. One lady's stuff (NaturBaker Nutrition) was made with pumpkin and sunflower flour, I think, and another noteworthy purveyor (Got Baked) used the standard nut flower / coconut flour for her goods.

I'm on the hunt for similar, prepared, keto treats in the Chicagoland area if anyone has any suggestions. I can search the web for this stuff, but checking here as well, since I know firsthand that most of you have tastebuds that work.

*Short list of my favorite cheat code treats right now:
    Enlightened brand Caramel Double Dough ice cream.
    Russell Stover sugar free peanut/nougat clusters.
    Russell Stover sugar free candy coated chocolate peanuts. (they are M&Ms)
    Werther's sugar free hard caramels (the caramel /chocolate one tops the list)
    Aldi brand Keto burger buns
    Pork Rinds with guac
    Sugar Free Sweet Baby Rays Bq sauce is not bad AT ALL!!!
    Tandoori smoked nuts (homemade)
    Those Keto Cluster things in the orange/white bag that Costco sells.

My day to day dessert is generally a big spoonful of sugar free pudding topped with a handful of fresh berries and a handful of unsalted nuts. It's the lap of luxury these days, but once in a while, ol Fatty Magoo here needs a freekin fake donut.

Bit of a ride but they just opened a Parlor Donuts near me here in Valpo—the Keto donuts are supposed to be pretty fab, though can’t say I’ve tried them.

Parlor Donuts
    255 Morthland Dr
    Valparaiso IN
    https://www.parlordoughnuts.com
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #3 - August 11th, 2022, 7:22 am
    Post #3 - August 11th, 2022, 7:22 am Post #3 - August 11th, 2022, 7:22 am
    Came across this: https://www.sweetlandbakery.com/

726 E Schaumburg Rd Schaumburg, IL 60193
    847-668-3080
  • Post #4 - August 11th, 2022, 1:44 pm
    Post #4 - August 11th, 2022, 1:44 pm Post #4 - August 11th, 2022, 1:44 pm
    I am sure the Oak Park farmer's market would have some keto treats, although they probably will not be cheap.
  • Post #5 - August 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm
    Post #5 - August 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm Post #5 - August 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm
    Spotted these at Costco (Mettawa) today and immediately thought of this thread . . .

Keto Layered Brownies @ Costco 22.0811

$12.49 per package. No idea how they are.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #6 - August 12th, 2022, 8:15 am
    Post #6 - August 12th, 2022, 8:15 am Post #6 - August 12th, 2022, 8:15 am
    NFriday wrote:I am sure the Oak Park farmer's market would have some keto treats, although they probably will not be cheap.

Bruh -
    My standard dessert these days is sugar free pudding with a few berries and a handful of plain nuts. There's gonna be a splurge.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.
  • Post #7 - August 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
    Post #7 - August 12th, 2022, 11:46 am Post #7 - August 12th, 2022, 11:46 am
    Be careful with some of the sugar free candy and Keto snacks/goodies that are high in sugar alcohols. They can have a lets call it a laxative effect. I have done Keto in the past, and I am about to begin again, but I haven't yet tried any of the breads / buns as of yet. I know they pump the fiber on them way up as a way to lower the net carbs. Works for some people, not so much for others.
  • Post #8 - August 12th, 2022, 11:58 am
    Post #8 - August 12th, 2022, 11:58 am Post #8 - August 12th, 2022, 11:58 am
    thetrob wrote:Be careful with some of the sugar free candy and Keto snacks/goodies that are high in sugar alcohols. They can have a lets call it a laxative effect. I have done Keto in the past, and I am about to begin again, but I haven't yet tried any of the breads / buns as of yet. I know they pump the fiber on them way up as a way to lower the net carbs. Works for some people, not so much for others.

Hehe . . . back when the sugar alcohol of choice in these applications was usually maltitol, we used to refer to this condition as maltitosis. :lol:

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #9 - August 12th, 2022, 2:32 pm
    Post #9 - August 12th, 2022, 2:32 pm Post #9 - August 12th, 2022, 2:32 pm
    thetrob wrote:Be careful with some of the sugar free candy and Keto snacks/goodies that are high in sugar alcohols. They can have a lets call it a laxative effect.

I wish I was armed with this knowledge before sneaking several bags of Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolates into the 8pm viewing of Top Gun: Maverick a few months ago. I was awake until 3am wondering if I needed to ask for a ride to the ER. My dumb brain couldn't put 2 and 2 together until the next day. Moderation on those things is very, very, important. Moderation, is also something I'm not yet quite capable of when it comes to things that taste really freekin good.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more