LTH Home

recommendations for omelette pan

recommendations for omelette pan
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 7 of 7 
  • Post #181 - April 16th, 2022, 3:36 pm
    Post #181 - April 16th, 2022, 3:36 pm Post #181 - April 16th, 2022, 3:36 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:8" nonstick Scanpan helped create a great accompaniment for a leftover/reheated piece of potato kugel .


    Kugel looked terrific fresh made. I bet it was glorious crisped up in a pan.
    Hold my beer . . .

    Low & Slow
  • Post #182 - April 16th, 2022, 4:16 pm
    Post #182 - April 16th, 2022, 4:16 pm Post #182 - April 16th, 2022, 4:16 pm
    G Wiv wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:8" nonstick Scanpan helped create a great accompaniment for a leftover/reheated piece of potato kugel .


    Kugel looked terrific fresh made. I bet it was glorious crisped up in a pan.

    Thanks. I was giddy when we came home with a few pieces that hadn't been eaten last night. Potato kugel is sublime (in general, not necessarily mine) and I think it should be served at every meal! :D

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #183 - April 17th, 2022, 10:42 am
    Post #183 - April 17th, 2022, 10:42 am Post #183 - April 17th, 2022, 10:42 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    G Wiv wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:8" nonstick Scanpan helped create a great accompaniment for a leftover/reheated piece of potato kugel .


    Kugel looked terrific fresh made. I bet it was glorious crisped up in a pan.

    Thanks. I was giddy when we came home with a few pieces that hadn't been eaten last night. Potato kugel is sublime (in general, not necessarily mine) and I think it should be served at every meal! :D

    =R=
    Never had kugel, potato or otherwise, so I'll take your word for it being sublime. It sure looks good.
    The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Post #184 - April 24th, 2022, 2:07 pm
    Post #184 - April 24th, 2022, 2:07 pm Post #184 - April 24th, 2022, 2:07 pm
    Took the 10" nonstick Scanpan back to Omelet Town this morning . . .

    Image
    Leftovers Omelet
    2 kinds of leftover grilled sausages, cheeses, onions, red hot finger chiles and broccoli. Toasted/buttered French country loaf. Managed to empty out quite a few baggies in the process, which felt great (and was more or less the point).

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #185 - May 7th, 2022, 12:57 pm
    Post #185 - May 7th, 2022, 12:57 pm Post #185 - May 7th, 2022, 12:57 pm
    Another quickie leftovers omelet earlier today using the Scanpan 10" nonstick . . .

    Image
    Leftovers Omelet
    This one -- with leftover charcoal-grilled cevaps, some sauteed peppers & onions from who knows when and some assorted cheeses -- did more to clean out the fridge than it did to satisfy. The flavors were kind of weird together, especially the peppers & onions, which I'd originally cooked with some vinegar. That was definitely a discordant note. :roll:

    The highlight was the toasted/buttered boule that was baked by a friend.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #186 - May 14th, 2022, 12:25 pm
    Post #186 - May 14th, 2022, 12:25 pm Post #186 - May 14th, 2022, 12:25 pm
    Once again, firing up the 10" nonstick Scanpan to RID myself of some old and fading ingredients . . .

    Image
    Fried Bologna, Scallion & Cheese Omelet

    Toasted/buttered aging baguette. Garnished with chives.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #187 - May 26th, 2022, 7:12 pm
    Post #187 - May 26th, 2022, 7:12 pm Post #187 - May 26th, 2022, 7:12 pm
    Twee cheese American omelette. Goat, triple cream Brie and Philly cream cheese cause it was there. Nicely browned. Thumbs up from the bride.

    click to enlarge
    Image

    Omelette, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

    Low & Slow
  • Post #188 - May 26th, 2022, 11:33 pm
    Post #188 - May 26th, 2022, 11:33 pm Post #188 - May 26th, 2022, 11:33 pm
    G Wiv wrote:Twee cheese American omelette. Goat, triple cream Brie and Philly cream cheese cause it was there. Nicely browned. Thumbs up from the bride.

    Well, it looks effing brilliant! What pan did you use? I've yet to have much success with anything but nonsticks when it comes to omelets.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #189 - May 27th, 2022, 7:47 am
    Post #189 - May 27th, 2022, 7:47 am Post #189 - May 27th, 2022, 7:47 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:What pan did you use? I've yet to have much success with anything but nonsticks when it comes to omelets.

    For Frittata, Spanish tortillas and American omelettes I typically use my Matfer Bourgeat 9" or 12 depending on number of eggs. 3-egg French omelettes almost always my Calphalon Classic Nonstick 8-inch.

    Pictured omelette, a 4-egg, and was made in my Calphalon Classic Nonstick 10-inch.

    When my Calphalon wears out I'm going to try one or two of your beloved Scanpans.
    Hold my beer . . .

    Low & Slow
  • Post #190 - May 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm
    Post #190 - May 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm Post #190 - May 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm
    G Wiv wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:What pan did you use? I've yet to have much success with anything but nonsticks when it comes to omelets.

    For Frittata, Spanish tortillas and American omelettes I typically use my Matfer Bourgeat 9" or 12 depending on number of eggs. 3-egg French omelettes almost always my Calphalon Classic Nonstick 8-inch.

    Pictured omelette, a 4-egg, and was made in my Calphalon Classic Nonstick 10-inch.

    When my Calphalon wears out I'm going to try one or two of your beloved Scanpans.

    Okay, thanks. Don't know if I'd refer to them as 'beloved' but I do like the Scanpan nonsticks, mainly because they have endured. That attribute has come to justify their price. My most recently purchased unit was the 12.5" Pro, which is currently going for about $130 at Amazon. That's actually less than I paid back in 2016. :shock: Not much around these days that's actually cheaper than it was 6 years ago.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #191 - May 28th, 2022, 5:11 am
    Post #191 - May 28th, 2022, 5:11 am Post #191 - May 28th, 2022, 5:11 am
    Image
    Blue flower ( Chives ) omelette ( I like scrambled eggs better than omelettes).
  • Post #192 - May 30th, 2022, 1:24 pm
    Post #192 - May 30th, 2022, 1:24 pm Post #192 - May 30th, 2022, 1:24 pm
    lougord99 wrote:( I like scrambled eggs better than omelettes).

    I sometimes do, too but since I often take leftovers for weekday lunches, I've steered toward omelets lately, since they travel much better/easier than scrambles.

    To that end, I used up some of our weekend bbq leftovers earlier today . . .

    Image
    Leftover BBQ Bologna, Fried Onions & American Cheese
    With toasted/buttered baguette.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #193 - May 31st, 2022, 9:41 am
    Post #193 - May 31st, 2022, 9:41 am Post #193 - May 31st, 2022, 9:41 am
    A T-fal pan has always worked for me. Cheap and widely available.
    Toria

    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - As You Like It,
    W. Shakespeare
  • Post #194 - June 5th, 2022, 2:21 pm
    Post #194 - June 5th, 2022, 2:21 pm Post #194 - June 5th, 2022, 2:21 pm
    lougord99 wrote:Blue flower ( Chives ) omelette ( I like scrambled eggs better than omelettes).

    Breakfast today in Lou's honor . . . :)

    Image
    Cheesy Scramble, garnished with Chive Blossoms
    With chicken sausage and toasted/buttered harvest grain bread.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #195 - June 12th, 2022, 8:07 am
    Post #195 - June 12th, 2022, 8:07 am Post #195 - June 12th, 2022, 8:07 am
    Not an omelet or a bachelor chow, not an imaginary story: eggs poached in flowers.
    I was trying to figure out what I could do with all the bolting mustard green rabe in my garden (the first batch of flowers I tried to make a mustard flower goma ae using tahini instead of grinding sesame seeds and I snipped too much stem, it came out stringy and bitter). I figured eggs would work, originally thinking omelet/scramble, but an online recipe suggested poaching in creamed greens.

    So I grabbed most of the flowers off the two plants, found the least-bedraggled chive blossoms left (plus some chives), chopped those up. A little sour cream (original recipe had heavy cream) diluted with water (wasn't worth opening stock or even mixing up some Better Than Boullion), while I sauteed some sweet onion and garlic in butter.

    Mise
    Image

    Sautee
    Image

    Added the flowers and chives, cooked a minute, then the sour cream mix plus some salt and pepper, let that come to a simmer and cracked the eggs into it and covered. Finished with a squeeze of lemon. The eggs could have gone 20 seconds less -- I like jammy but these were almost hard. Sopped up with some of SueF's potato bread. Delicious. Very little bite to the mustard when it was done, I'd add some greens next time.

    Finished
    Image

    Obligatory: Pan is MadeIn carbon steel
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #196 - June 12th, 2022, 8:25 am
    Post #196 - June 12th, 2022, 8:25 am Post #196 - June 12th, 2022, 8:25 am
    Very creative and looks outstanding.
  • Post #197 - June 18th, 2022, 5:13 pm
    Post #197 - June 18th, 2022, 5:13 pm Post #197 - June 18th, 2022, 5:13 pm
    This morning, it was leftovers omelet time again with the Scanpan 10" nonstick . . .

    Image
    Plated Up
    An overfilled but delicious mess . . . leftover kielbasa, steamed broccoli, stir-fried wine caps, grilled onions and a few cheeses, none of which melted very well. Toasted/buttered baguette.

    =R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #198 - June 18th, 2022, 7:20 pm
    Post #198 - June 18th, 2022, 7:20 pm Post #198 - June 18th, 2022, 7:20 pm
    I have never figured out how to know if the cheese that I hold in my hand will easily melt. Some do and some don't.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more