LTH Home

Best Cauliflower I Ever Ate

• Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
     Page 1 of 2
  • Best Cauliflower I Ever Ate

Post #1 - September 27th, 2004, 12:13 pm
    Post #1 - September 27th, 2004, 12:13 pm Post #1 - September 27th, 2004, 12:13 pm

I've never been a huge fan of cauliflower; I always thought of it as broccoli's albino brother, pale and for the most part not very interesting, though being a cruciferous veg, full of cancer-fighting beta-carotene, blah, blah, blah.

Anyhow, the October Saveur (page 95) has a killer and supremely easy recipe for cauliflower that is definitely the best I ever ate. To summarize, you basically oven roast a pan of bread crumbs and a pan of cauliflower that's been sauteed in olive oil; mix together with black oil-cured olives, salt and pepper.

Magnificent simplicity and superb.

Hammond
  • Post #2 - September 27th, 2004, 1:23 pm
    Post #2 - September 27th, 2004, 1:23 pm Post #2 - September 27th, 2004, 1:23 pm
    I'm generally in agreement with you -- there's little you can do with Cauliflower that Broccoli isn't better at: cheese sauce, garlic, olive oil and hot pepper, soups...

For me, there's one exception: curry. I have yet to see a broccoli curry that doesn't seem wrong, but the white florets of cauliflower seem to soak up the spices nicely.

I tend to avoid cauliflower on principle, ever since my mother's dreaded "white dinner" of whitefish, mashed potatoes and cauliflower 30 years ago. She claims she didn't plan it (merely grabbed what was on hand), but it was the blandest meal I've ever seen or tasted.
  • Post #3 - September 27th, 2004, 1:26 pm
    Post #3 - September 27th, 2004, 1:26 pm Post #3 - September 27th, 2004, 1:26 pm
    JoelF wrote:I'm generally in agreement with you -- there's little you can do with Cauliflower that Broccoli isn't better at: cheese sauce, garlic, olive oil and hot pepper, soups...

For me, there's one exception: curry. I have yet to see a broccoli curry that doesn't seem wrong, but the white florets of cauliflower seem to soak up the spices nicely.

Yes, cauliflower makes an excellent vegetable "platform" for other flavors; all by itself, it seems sad.

LOL regarding the white dinner: sliced white bread and vanilla ice cream would round out that repast...and a glass of milk! :lol:

Hammond
  • Post #4 - September 27th, 2004, 2:15 pm
    Post #4 - September 27th, 2004, 2:15 pm Post #4 - September 27th, 2004, 2:15 pm
    Hammond,

Not to say that Savuer did not produce an original menu. Didn't Rachel Ray make the same dish minus the olives last fall? I remember my sister making something similar, and she only use Rachel's recipes. (thank god we keep her as far from the kitchen as possible).

"EVOO - that's extra virgin olive oil" - Every time I hear this I want to scream.

Flip
    "Beer is proof God loves us, and wants us to be Happy"
    -Ben Franklin-
  • Post #5 - September 27th, 2004, 2:19 pm
    Post #5 - September 27th, 2004, 2:19 pm Post #5 - September 27th, 2004, 2:19 pm
    Flip,

I'd be surprised if there are not variations of this recipe all over: it's so simple and obvious (I'm surprised I didn't encounter it before now)

Did I detect a slam at RR?

Hammond
  • Post #6 - September 27th, 2004, 2:26 pm
    Post #6 - September 27th, 2004, 2:26 pm Post #6 - September 27th, 2004, 2:26 pm
    Did I detect a slam at RR?

Not really a slam. I just think that her show would be better if she was a mute.

Flip
    -Ben Franklin-
  • Post #7 - September 27th, 2004, 3:50 pm
    Post #7 - September 27th, 2004, 3:50 pm Post #7 - September 27th, 2004, 3:50 pm
    JoelF wrote:For me, there's one exception: curry. I have yet to see a broccoli curry that doesn't seem wrong, but the white florets of cauliflower seem to soak up the spices nicely.

Agreed - curry and cauliflower go well together. Curried cauliflower soup is great. But I think there are other applications nice applications. Pickled cauliflower is great. I roated cauliflower roasted with saffron with pleasing results ... but that's "kind of" in the curry vein. I generally think cauliflower roasts pretty well ... and the curry/turmeric/saffron gives it a beautiful golden/reddish color. A similar preparation with paprika and some other spices - cumin, coriander, cayenne or some other pepper - could give you a bright red hue.

And then there's purple cauliflower. I just bought some at Caputo's but I haven't decided what to do with it yet. They leave the greens on which makes me wonder what can be done with them. Any suggestions? I've never seen recipes calling for cauliflower greens ... seems like somthing that would pop up in Italian cooking though.

rien
  • Post #8 - September 27th, 2004, 4:00 pm
    Post #8 - September 27th, 2004, 4:00 pm Post #8 - September 27th, 2004, 4:00 pm
    rien wrote:
    JoelF wrote:For me, there's one exception: curry. I have yet to see a broccoli curry that doesn't seem wrong, but the white florets of cauliflower seem to soak up the spices nicely.

Agreed - curry and cauliflower go well together. Curried cauliflower soup is great. But I think there are other applications nice applications. Pickled cauliflower is great. I roated cauliflower roasted with saffron with pleasing results ... but that's "kind of" in the curry vein. I generally think cauliflower roasts pretty well ... and the curry/turmeric/saffron gives it a beautiful golden/reddish color. A similar preparation with paprika and some other spices - cumin, coriander, cayenne or some other pepper - could give you a bright red hue.

And then there's purple cauliflower. I just bought some at Caputo's but I haven't decided what to do with it yet. They leave the greens on which makes me wonder what can be done with them. Any suggestions? I've never seen recipes calling for cauliflower greens ... seems like somthing that would pop up in Italian cooking though.

rien

I agree. I like cauliflower and brocoli, and would not necessarily put one over the other.

Cauliflower has more sugar and thus carmelizes in ways that brocoli does not. As noted, it is excellent in curries, especially with potatoes, and pickled like in traditional giardinaras. I'd rather brocoli with hollandaise, but au gratin, I'd take cauliflower.

(Thanks though for the interesting debate)

Rob
  • Post #9 - September 27th, 2004, 4:38 pm
    Post #9 - September 27th, 2004, 4:38 pm Post #9 - September 27th, 2004, 4:38 pm
    The best cauliflower dish I have ever had was an indian dish that involved deep fried cauliflower with a sauce that was simple and ketchup based - very simple, yet the combination of flavors and textures was quite addictive (and I think for this cauliflower was far supperior to brocoli which has a stronger flavor that would have risked overwhelming the sweet and spicy sauce.

Shannon
  • Post #10 - September 27th, 2004, 8:10 pm
    Post #10 - September 27th, 2004, 8:10 pm Post #10 - September 27th, 2004, 8:10 pm
    rien wrote:And then there's purple cauliflower. I just bought some at Caputo's but I haven't decided what to do with it yet. They leave the greens on which makes me wonder what can be done with them. Any suggestions? I've never seen recipes calling for cauliflower greens ... seems like somthing that would pop up in Italian cooking though.

Does purple cauliflower keep its color? Purple peppers and beans don't, but eggplant skin, tomatillos and cabbage (the most significant, as it's the same species, along with all the other cruciforms) do.

It would seem to me that you wouldn't want a coverup sauce with purple. Go with linguini, garlic and, um, EVOO (That's Extra Virgin Olive Oil. mm mm MM MM mm). If the color doesn't bleed, an alfredo could work.

I'd still rather have broccoli, or rabe, even better.
  • Post #11 - September 27th, 2004, 9:45 pm
    Post #11 - September 27th, 2004, 9:45 pm Post #11 - September 27th, 2004, 9:45 pm
    JoelF wrote:Does purple cauliflower keep its color? Purple peppers and beans don't, but eggplant skin, tomatillos and cabbage (the most significant, as it's the same species, along with all the other cruciforms) do.

My recollection is that purple cauliflower does keep its color when cooked.

Hammond
  • Post #12 - September 28th, 2004, 9:38 am
    Post #12 - September 28th, 2004, 9:38 am Post #12 - September 28th, 2004, 9:38 am
    In terms of the cauliflower vs. broccoli debate, not surprisingly i think cauliflower works better for those cuisines where broccoli doesn't naturally occur (indian, thai). Indian especially works better with cauliflower because I think the sweetness of cauliflower often works well with some of the sweeter aromatics used in indian cooking such cinnamon and cloves. My favorite prep is gobi ki rogan josh, where the gobi takes the place of lamb/goat. Large florets are deep fried until nicely golden, then braised in a sauce which is mainly kashmiri chili powder, thickened with a tiny bit of yoghurt and spiced with a little cinnamon, clove, black peppercorns, and green and black cardamom. This is a dish that should have nice heat, roasty flavor from the chili, with the aromatics kind of floating over it all. Best when eaten by hand with basmati.

Cauliflower is also IMO especially good in thai gaeng som's (sour orange curries), where the natural sweetness is a nice counter to the sourness of the thin curry.
  • Post #13 - September 28th, 2004, 11:38 am
    Post #13 - September 28th, 2004, 11:38 am Post #13 - September 28th, 2004, 11:38 am
    Hi,

Some years ago, I drove in an ice storm to St. Louis for a wild mushroom dinner with other wild things. It was my first time I ever ate Mr. and Mrs. BBQ Raccoon, though I must admit they both tasted about the same.

My host that weekend is a very energetic cook, who was thrilled who had someone to talk to "at his level." There was one recipe for Penne with Cauliflower, Garlic and Oil, which he just marveled over because it never tasted the same twice. His enthusiasm spilled over and when I returned on my much less eventful drive home, I made this dish adapted from Marcella Hazan's More Classic Italian Cooking:

Penne with Cauliflower, Garlic and Oil
    for 4 to 6 persons

1 1/2 pound cauliflower head
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
    6 flat anchovy fillets, chopped
    1/4 teaspooon crushed red peppers
    Salt
    1 pound penne or other macaroni
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley.

Strip the leaves from the caulifower. It is suggested you boil the cauliflower for 25-30 minutes until tender. I don't do this, instead I fill a pot, which fits the cauliflower snuggly, with about an inch of water. I sit the cauliflower in stem down, then over medium high heat allow the stem to boil and the flowerettes to steam until tender when tested with a knife, which is considerably less time than boiling whole.

While cauliflower is cooking, start the water for pasta. Since penne takes about 12 minutes to cook, by starting water now your sauce and the penne may finish at about the same time.

Heat a medium saute pan, then add the oil, garlic and anchovies. (I usually put the anchovies in whole and use my wooden spoon to mash them) Don't be afraid of the anchovies! They disapeer into the background and remember Worchester sauce is anchovy based!

Once the garlic is golden, then add the drained cauliflower, which you not break up with a fork into peanut sized pieces. Mash some of the cauliflower into a pulp.

Add the hot pepper and salt to taste. Turn up the heat to cook a few minutes longer, then turn off the heat.

Once your pasta is in a warmed serving bowl, briefly heat the cauliflower sauce and pour the pan's contents over the pasta. Toss, then add the chopped parsley and toss again. Serve promptly.

&&&

Despite my friends comments this cauliflower pasta never tasted the same twice, well I have had fairly consistent results. This cauliflower pasta is a quick winter lunch for my family and I. Another favorite from Marcella's book of ideas is a tuna and tomato sauce, which when finished does not taste like tuna.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #14 - September 28th, 2004, 11:58 am
    Post #14 - September 28th, 2004, 11:58 am Post #14 - September 28th, 2004, 11:58 am
    C2,

This sounds like an excellent recipe. I think what I've learned from what you, VI, Zim and others have said, is that cauliflower likes strong flavors (e.g., in this case, anchovy, garlic). I don't think I will ever again eat cauliflower that is simply boiled and buttered; not enough there.

I am forever shocked by the cooking time that some recipes allot to vegetables. Boiling for 30 minutes!! Your approach is closer to mine; steam until tender.

I had raccoon some time ago. The commune that The Wife and I lived in had a cook (see, that's how liberated we were :lol: ) from down South who made raccoon and chitterlings one night. The raccoon was interesting: kind of like dark, oily pork.

Hammond
  • Post #15 - September 28th, 2004, 12:10 pm
    Post #15 - September 28th, 2004, 12:10 pm Post #15 - September 28th, 2004, 12:10 pm
    Hammond wrote:The raccoon was interesting: kind of like dark, oily pork.

Yes, that is exactly spot on description! Really, really dark and oily meat. The couple we enjoyed seemed also quite overcooked, however I would rather overcook than undercook something which may be carrying worms and stuff we don't regularly encounter in our food.

Eating pork pinky is something one could not imagine doing one or two generations ago because of trichonosis. I remember as a kid always eating my pork when it was really white. Hence the pork council's ad campaign: "Pork, the other white meat!"
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #16 - September 28th, 2004, 12:18 pm
    Post #16 - September 28th, 2004, 12:18 pm Post #16 - September 28th, 2004, 12:18 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Eating pork pinky is something one could not imagine doing one or two generations ago because of trichonosis. I remember as a kid always eating my pork when it was really white. Hence the pork council's ad campaign: "Pork, the other white meat!"

C2,

Overcooking pork is common, and although I prefer most meat medium rare, it's a little tough even for me, even to this day, to eat pork that's "red in the middle." This seems, though, like an unfounded fear. I mean, when's the last time you heard of a trichinosis outbreak in this country? My guess is that there are virtually no recorded cases in the US in the past decade or more. Anyone have evidence to the contrary?

Hammond
  • Post #17 - September 28th, 2004, 12:44 pm
    Post #17 - September 28th, 2004, 12:44 pm Post #17 - September 28th, 2004, 12:44 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Another favorite from Marcella's book of ideas is a tuna and tomato sauce, which when finished does not taste like tuna.

Regards,

Cathy,

I make Hazan's tuna sauce with red onion and tomato for pasta often, simple and quite wonderful. If there is interest I will get out the book and type in my slightly altered version of the recipe.

Enjoy,
    Gary
  • Post #18 - September 28th, 2004, 12:50 pm
    Post #18 - September 28th, 2004, 12:50 pm Post #18 - September 28th, 2004, 12:50 pm
    I mean, when's the last time you heard of a trichinosis outbreak in this country?

Long, long time ago.

However, when I am in Europe (or at least the parts I have tended to frequent: central Europe and Russia) I want my pork thoroughly cooked. I have read there are still problems with sanitation and animal husbandry there.

I won't go rare with pork like I will with lamb and beef. I just want some pinky, juiciness which with today's lower fat pork is often needed.

The last time I heard of a trichonosis outbreak of any kind, I was in kindergarten. I just don't know why information like that sticks in my mind when others drift away. In my 5 years of bliss, I still had some weird knowledge: While my parents were voting, an election judge asked:

Who are your parents voting for President? (As a voting judge myself, I could never imagine asking such a leading question)

Why for George Washington, of course!

Did your Mother date Abraham Lincoln?

Yes! (which caused the whole room to dissolve in laughter)

I guess you could say there was also a little bit of the fight in me. Not much changes oh so many years later.
    Cathy2

• Post #19 - September 28th, 2004, 12:59 pm
    Post #19 - September 28th, 2004, 12:59 pm Post #19 - September 28th, 2004, 12:59 pm
    David,

Here's one of my favorite cauliflower recipes, which originated with my BBQ buddy Buzz in Wisconsin. The high temperature brings out the natural sweetness of the cauliflower.

High Roast Cauliflower.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees, though after making this recipe 4-5 times I decided on 450 degrees, but my oven may be a bit fast.

Separate cauliflower into florets, or simply slice into 1/2-3/4 inch slices, leaving core.
    Lightly sprinkle both olive oil and kosher salt on cauliflower pieces.

After 7-minutes shuffle cauliflower around in pan.

Cauliflower is done when it starts to turn a light brown.

Enjoy,
    Gary
  • Post #20 - September 28th, 2004, 2:31 pm
    Post #20 - September 28th, 2004, 2:31 pm Post #20 - September 28th, 2004, 2:31 pm
    In defense of Broccoli, which as a kid was served overcooked with cheese sauce, can also be a decent main course when treated respectfully. Another quick winter lunch recipe adapted from Madame Wong's More Long-Life Chinese Cookbook:

Our Special Broccoli (Shanghai)

1-1/2 pounds broccoli
    3 tablespoons oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
    1 tablespoon sesame seed oil

Separate flowerettes of broccoli. Remove tough skin from stem by taking a cut just on the inner edge of soft interior and pull down taking sections of tough skin with it. Cut soft stem into diagonal coins about 1/4 inch thick. Wash and drain.

Heat oil in wok (or dutch oven). Add salt.* Stir-fry broccoli for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and sugar, once it boils then add dissolved cornstarch. Coat all the broccoli with this sauce, then add sesame oil and toss again.

Served with rice.

*After adding salt, I will sometimes add 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic, which allow to cook for may 20-30 seconds until I can smell it. Add the broccoli and carry on.

For three adults, this is finished in one round.
    Cathy2

• Post #21 - September 29th, 2004, 8:10 am
    Post #21 - September 29th, 2004, 8:10 am Post #21 - September 29th, 2004, 8:10 am
    Cathy2 wrote:
    I mean, when's the last time you heard of a trichinosis outbreak in this country?

Long, long time ago.

However, when I am in Europe (or at least the parts I have tended to frequent: central Europe and Russia) I want my pork thoroughly cooked. I have read there are still problems with sanitation and animal husbandry there.

I won't go rare with pork like I will with lamb and beef. I just want some pinky, juiciness which with today's lower fat pork is often needed.

The last time I heard of a trichonosis outbreak of any kind, I was in kindergarten. I just don't know why information like that sticks in my mind when others drift away. In my 5 years of bliss, I still had some weird knowledge: While my parents were voting, an election judge asked:

Who are your parents voting for President? (As a voting judge myself, I could never imagine asking such a leading question)

Why for George Washington, of course!

Did your Mother date Abraham Lincoln?

Yes! (which caused the whole room to dissolve in laughter)

I guess you could say there was also a little bit of the fight in me. Not much changes oh so many years later.

In the interest of providing factual information I copied this from the CDC website.

Is trichinellosis common in the United States?
    Infection was once very common and usually caused by ingestion of undercooked pork. However, infection is now relatively rare. During 1997-2001, an average of 12 cases per year were reported. The number of cases has decreased because of legislation prohibiting the feeding of raw-meat garbage to hogs, commercial and home freezing of pork, and the public awareness of the danger of eating raw or undercooked pork products. Cases are less commonly associated with pork products and more often associated with eating raw or undercooked wild game meats.

-Ben Franklin-
  • Post #22 - September 29th, 2004, 8:20 am
    Post #22 - September 29th, 2004, 8:20 am Post #22 - September 29th, 2004, 8:20 am
    Hey Flip,

Well, I'd say 12 cases in a four-year period makes the disease almost non-existent in this country. And, according to the CDC, the incidence is actually lower lower than that now.

Of course, the case could be made that the reason the incidence is so low is that people have been overcooking pork.

Hammond
  • Post #23 - September 29th, 2004, 8:29 am
    Post #23 - September 29th, 2004, 8:29 am Post #23 - September 29th, 2004, 8:29 am
    David Hammond wrote:Hey Flip,

Well, I'd say 12 cases in a four-year period makes the disease almost non-existent in this country. And, according to the CDC, the incidence is actually lower lower than that now.

Of course, the case could be made that the reason the incidence is so low is that people have been overcooking pork.

Hammond

Hammond,

I read the article to mean that there were an average of 12 cases per year over the 4 year period. I for one am a huge proponent of cooking pork no more than medium to medium well. I remember reading an article recently that mention the last US case of pork transmitted trichinosis was a number of years ago(sorry no link to validate this claim), and that all of the cases were transmitted from wild game, usually venison.

I think of the undercooked pork debate as I think of the salmonella in eggs debate. Unless you are elderly, or have a comprimised immune system the chances of you getting ill are very small.

We may need to start another topic if this issue continues.

Flip
    -Ben Franklin-
  • Post #24 - September 29th, 2004, 8:38 am
    Post #24 - September 29th, 2004, 8:38 am Post #24 - September 29th, 2004, 8:38 am
    Flip,

You're right, of course; it's 12 cases per year. Thanks for the correction (I read your reference too quickly and BC, before coffee).

I pretty much avoid raw eggs (I used to put them in my shakes when I was professional boxer, but I'm not that crazy about the taste or the texture, so why risk it?).

Hammond
  • Post #25 - September 29th, 2004, 8:46 am
    Post #25 - September 29th, 2004, 8:46 am Post #25 - September 29th, 2004, 8:46 am
    [Yea, this has nothing to do with cauliflower either]

I think people have to us a simple logic equation when evaluating pork consumption:

Trichinois bacteria in pork will make you sick

Modern pork raising practices (no feeding slop) prevent pork from getting trichinoisis

Therefore, there is little (if any) chance from getting sick from trichinois when eating pork.

BUT

If pork can have other bacteria in addition to trichinosis (which it can)

And other bacteria can make you sick if the pork is not cooked long enough

Then, you can get sick from eating under-cooked pork

Or

If you needed to cook pork to 190 to kill trichinoisis
    But only cook it to 160 to kill other bacteria
    Then you can safely eat pork medium rare but not rare

Rob (but double check the cooking temps, it might be 165 for safe pork)

PS
    In other words it is not just trichinosis
    Last edited by Vital Information on September 29th, 2004, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #26 - September 29th, 2004, 8:48 am
    Post #26 - September 29th, 2004, 8:48 am Post #26 - September 29th, 2004, 8:48 am
    David Hammond wrote:I pretty much avoid raw eggs (I used to put them in my shakes when I was professional boxer, but I'm not that crazy about the taste or the texture, so why risk it?).

Hammond

David,

Please don't think that I am sitting chugging raw eggs. I haven't done that since a drunken college weekend :shock: . I do however like to make a homemade horseradish and garlic aioli for roasts, and the occasional fresh mayo for sandwiches.

Flip
    -Ben Franklin-
  • Post #27 - September 30th, 2004, 1:38 pm
    Post #27 - September 30th, 2004, 1:38 pm Post #27 - September 30th, 2004, 1:38 pm
    The cooking temperature for pork has been lowered over the last few years. Correct internal temperature for pork is now 155 This will give a cooked interior. At this temperature it will probably kill most bacteria but not salmonella which is why poultry needs to be cooked to 165.
    Note these are FDA, Ill Dept of Health and Chicago Dept of Health Regulations. USDA does recommend a higher temperature for cooking which I can only attribute to the fact that it is for the home cook and usually home cooks do not allow for carry over cooking time.
    Paulette
  • Post #28 - September 30th, 2004, 1:53 pm
    Post #28 - September 30th, 2004, 1:53 pm Post #28 - September 30th, 2004, 1:53 pm
    From the Pork "The other white meat" Council:

To what temperature should I cook pork?
    Pork is best when cooked to medium doneness or an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (U.S.D.A.) also recommends 160 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to judge doneness. When cooking a roast, remove from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. and allow the roast to stand for 10 minutes before slicing. The roast's internal temperature will rise about five degrees after removing from the oven. A hint of pink blush in the center is ideal for tender, juicy pork.

What about trichinosis?
    Because of modern feeding practices, trichinosis is a no longer a concern. Although trichina is virtually nonexistent in pork, if it were present, it would be killed at 137 degrees F. That's well below the recommended end cooking temperature for pork, which is 160 degrees F.
    Cathy2

• Post #29 - September 30th, 2004, 1:59 pm
    Post #29 - September 30th, 2004, 1:59 pm Post #29 - September 30th, 2004, 1:59 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:From the Pork "The other white meat" Council:

What about trichinosis?
    Because of modern feeding practices, trichinosis is a no longer a concern. Although trichina is virtually nonexistent in pork, if it were present, it would be killed at 137 degrees F.

That's all I needed to hear.

Bring me that pork shoulder...Pink inside!

Hammond
  • Post #30 - September 30th, 2004, 3:48 pm
    Post #30 - September 30th, 2004, 3:48 pm Post #30 - September 30th, 2004, 3:48 pm
    I do not care what the Pork Council says. Most consumers (inclusing those aware of the changes in pork production) will reject pork unless it is cooked to the point where *ALL* the pinkness is out of the meat.

Seen it in person.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more