LTH Home

Southwest Wisconsin (Monroe)

Southwest Wisconsin (Monroe)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - September 8th, 2015, 8:26 am
    Post #31 - September 8th, 2015, 8:26 am Post #31 - September 8th, 2015, 8:26 am
    jimswside wrote:
    jimswside wrote:
    surprise food item of the trip for me was the Roesti we ordered off the menu @ Glarner Stube. Hash browns, but with a layer of funky, melted swiss cheese(sorry, no good pic). Going ot make Glarner Stube a regular stop.

Yep, good to my word, been to Glarner Stube the past 2 weekends, main reason that damn Rosti they serve.

man, that big plate of potatoes and cheese works - especially with some Spotted Cows. Tip, eat some when its piping hot, then let the cheese cool, really increases the cheese funk.

no Roesti in the cards when i rolled through on Sat. after the brewery - but a Cow & a Beam tightened me up. -

• Post #32 - September 9th, 2015, 4:32 pm
    Post #32 - September 9th, 2015, 4:32 pm Post #32 - September 9th, 2015, 4:32 pm
    oh man I love Wisconsin! :lol:
    i used to milk cows
  • Post #33 - May 1st, 2023, 4:31 pm
    Post #33 - May 1st, 2023, 4:31 pm Post #33 - May 1st, 2023, 4:31 pm
    A Baumgartner's update: They took advantage of the pandemic to expand their kitchen. That means a larger menu including burgers. All the patties are made from locally sourced never frozen cow from Dreamy 280 Farms in Blue Mound. There's a build your own burger option as well as a few preset toppings combinations. I got the Baumgartner Burger, which comes with melted limburger, red onion, and housemade apple-bacon jam. Everything was great except, unfortunately, the patty itself. The beef was fine, but they bill it as a smash burger and they're using 1/3 pound patties. Properly smashing a patty that big is extremely hard and they don't pull it off. So it's just a 1/3 pound well done patty with no crispy bits and not enough juice. Not bad, but I'll be sticking with cheese sandwiches in the future.

The other change is that with the expanded kitchen, they now make all of the sandwiches in the back. That means there's no more rush of limburger into your nose/mouth/hair/clothes when you walk into the place. Personally I loved getting hit with that wave of funk but I suspect the change is better for business.

Sandwiches and beer and vibe are as good as ever. Just a stellar place to spend a night.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more