LTH Home

Naha - 500 N Clark, Chicago

Naha - 500 N Clark, Chicago
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Naha - 500 N Clark, Chicago

Post #1 - May 28th, 2004, 2:57 pm
    Post #1 - May 28th, 2004, 2:57 pm Post #1 - May 28th, 2004, 2:57 pm
    Was on my way downtown to the MCA ( http://www.mcachicago.org/ )to see the Lee Bontecou exhibit which has been extended through May 31.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HER WORK, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was flying along on my cycle when I realized I had passed up the cheaper spots on the outskirts and found myself in the expensive river north area. I then remembered hearing about a $10 angus burger at Naha.

Showed up at 11:30am, DEAD! Absolutely DEAD, by the time I left slightly after 12, there were 6 people total, 4 tables taken, that is it. I'm guessing it had to be due to the Friday before a holiday weekend.

Started with a potato, corn and saffron soup w/some sauteed leeks. Good soup but the potato flavor should have been more pronounced IMO.

Then came the angus burger, slightly done past my requested medium rare. I chose the blue cheese as my cheese of choice. The bun is a good egg bun that has been grilled to get the flat sides crisp, not too dense. There is a 'gourmet' salad mix and sliced plum tomatoes on as well. The burger has seasonings but they add not detract from the burger.

Fries I thought were only ok at first, but the way I started to polish them off, they were much better than ok.

Bottom line, the incredible quality blue cheese and the lovingly caramelized onions (think French onion tart caramelized) made the burger. If it were not for these two catalysts of flavor, the burger would have only been good.

For $10 a damn good burger, I would have it again.

http://www.naha-chicago.com/
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #2 - May 30th, 2004, 12:16 pm
    Post #2 - May 30th, 2004, 12:16 pm Post #2 - May 30th, 2004, 12:16 pm
    Thanks for the tip. I work around the corner, and it never occurred to me that a reasonably inexpensive lunch of the non-Potbelly variety could be found there. Contrary to popular opinion, there are only so many times that one can eat at Frontera! :?
  • Post #3 - May 30th, 2004, 2:12 pm
    Post #3 - May 30th, 2004, 2:12 pm Post #3 - May 30th, 2004, 2:12 pm
    for another higher-end cheeseburger in River North I'd recommend the organic cafe (I forget the actual name) on Wells between Superior and Chicago. Very tender and juicy organic beef. This place also has very good soups. Memorable food experience except for the name....
  • Post #4 - May 30th, 2004, 9:25 pm
    Post #4 - May 30th, 2004, 9:25 pm Post #4 - May 30th, 2004, 9:25 pm
    I must have the name! Think, man, think!!

:twisted:

(or I could wander around til I find it....there is something for everyone in River North, from the diviest of bars to the chic of tre chics. Beats working down on Wacker all to hell, chow-wise. Next expedition: Happy Hour at the Kinzie Chophouse.)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more