LTH Home

Happy Lobster Food Truck - Lobster Rolls

Happy Lobster Food Truck - Lobster Rolls
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Happy Lobster Food Truck - Lobster Rolls

Post #1 - April 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm
    Post #1 - April 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm Post #1 - April 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm
    We're always looking for something different, especially in these times of carryout, so when Tock sent me an ad touting Happy Lobster's truck being parked in Wheeling yesterday, I jumped.

Their menu is pretty small
    • Happy Lobster - Lobster, butter, mayo
    • Angry Lobster - Lobster, butter, giardinera, spicy mayo
    • Lobster Grilled Cheese
    • Chocolate Whoopie Pie

Not wanting to drown out the crustacean's subtle flavors, we both went for the Happy.

Sandwiches are $20 ($15 for the grilled cheese), plus tax and tip. Not unreasonable at all. They're served on a burger-style bun (which was still warm from toasting when I got it home), with chips (sea salt or salt and vinegar, I forget what brand) and slaw.

It was very tasty, good texture, but a bit bland. A little bit of herbs, spice or more vinegar or lemon in the mayo, and maybe even a little more salt would have helped. The buns, though non-traditional, worked well. The slaw was nothing special. Eating alternate bites of the roll and the salt-and-vinegar chips definitely helped offset the underseasoned aspect. Still not sure I want the Angry version, but if I ordered again, I'd probably kick it up a bit at home.

Happy Lobster Food Truck
    https://www.happylobstertruck.com
    Through the end of April they'll be in Naperville, Rogers Park (the only one that is accepting walk-ups), Northbrook, Chicago (at the Tin Whistle), Mundelein, Lindenhurst, St. Charles and Chicago Ridge.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more