LTH Home

Openings, Closings, Comings & Goings - 2021

Openings, Closings, Comings & Goings - 2021
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 7 of 9
  • Post #181 - June 5th, 2021, 7:51 am
    Post #181 - June 5th, 2021, 7:51 am Post #181 - June 5th, 2021, 7:51 am
    It looks like Damaojia, formerly known as A Place by Damao, may be opening another location in Lincoln Park in the former Umai space. This is according to a food/health inspection passed on Friday for a new business license. The original outpost is in Halsted in Bridgeport and they serve Sichuanese street food.

    Coming soon..
    Damaojia
    1217 W Fullerton St.

    It also looks like they opened an outpost in Lincoln Square at 4131 N Rockwell (between Montrose and Irving Park). Not sure if they offer any dine in.

    Also, Tsaocaa is opening soon somewhere in Lincoln Park according to a social media post. They do Taiwanese fruit tea, bubble tea, and also Korean chicken..

    My guess would be around East Lincoln Park/DePaul as these areas have increased a bit in the last handful of years with Asian population. There's now a handful of "reasonably authentic" Chinese places in the general area.. here's possibly a few more.
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #182 - June 5th, 2021, 11:58 am
    Post #182 - June 5th, 2021, 11:58 am Post #182 - June 5th, 2021, 11:58 am
    Note that the southern boundary of Lincoln Square is the middle of Montrose (4400 north). From 4400 north to 2800 north is North Center. At 4131 North Rockwell is a Cloud Kitchen location that has generated a lot of controversy. Ex-Uber CEO's ghost kitchen company embroiled in North Side NIMBY fight
    Lots of charges fly in a feud over the future of a delivery-only restaurant that also involves an ex-deputy governor and the husband of former Attorney General Lisa Madigan.
  • Post #183 - June 5th, 2021, 1:18 pm
    Post #183 - June 5th, 2021, 1:18 pm Post #183 - June 5th, 2021, 1:18 pm
    You are correct - it's not in Lincoln Square. It's in North Center. This still does not change the fact that Da Mao Jia has expanded from Bridgeport into the north side. By the looks of it, they might have gone through some rebranding because perhaps they got some sort of funding to expand (akin to what QXYD in Chinatown is looking at nationally).

    By the way, confirmed through Damaojia's website they're going in on Fullerton. The mobile version of their website doesn't show it, but desktop version does show this location (as well as the one on Rockwell):
    https://www.damaojiausa.com
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #184 - June 5th, 2021, 1:58 pm
    Post #184 - June 5th, 2021, 1:58 pm Post #184 - June 5th, 2021, 1:58 pm
    The Evanston based Chinese restaurant Shang Noodle had opened another outpost in Streeterville in the location as the former Chinese restaurant Grandee Cuisine.

    Shang Noodle
    215 E Grand Ave
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #185 - June 6th, 2021, 5:02 pm
    Post #185 - June 6th, 2021, 5:02 pm Post #185 - June 6th, 2021, 5:02 pm
    The chain Tropical Smoothie Cafe is opening in Wicker Park on Milwaukee Avenue. They have hundreds of cafes in the US and 3 in the city already, with some more in the suburbs. This location was formerly a clothing boutique (Schott). They serve (apparently) healthy food and smoothies.

    Tropical Smoothie Cafe - coming soon
    1509 N Milwaukee Ave

    https://locations.tropicalsmoothiecafe.com/il/chicago
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #186 - June 7th, 2021, 7:56 pm
    Post #186 - June 7th, 2021, 7:56 pm Post #186 - June 7th, 2021, 7:56 pm
    Parson’s Chicken & Fish Opening Andersonville Location Next Week
    The popular local chain is taking over the former Stone Fox restaurant space at 5721 N. Clark St. Stone Fox abruptly closed in 2019.
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/06/04 ... next-week/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #187 - June 8th, 2021, 7:47 am
    Post #187 - June 8th, 2021, 7:47 am Post #187 - June 8th, 2021, 7:47 am
    Dave148 wrote:Parson’s Chicken & Fish Opening Andersonville Location Next Week
    The popular local chain is taking over the former Stone Fox restaurant space at 5721 N. Clark St. Stone Fox abruptly closed in 2019.
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/06/04 ... next-week/

    It opens tomorrow. "Next week" is from an article from last week. ;-)

    I'm excited that Parson's went in there. That part of the neighborhood needs something to stick there. It's been a bit of a revolving door after the Turkish place closed.
    -Mary
  • Post #188 - June 9th, 2021, 10:03 am
    Post #188 - June 9th, 2021, 10:03 am Post #188 - June 9th, 2021, 10:03 am
    Wanna enjoy free Captain Crunch doughnuts and coffee for life from Stan’s Donuts?

    The Chicago-based bakery of unique doughnuts and fresh coffee will open its new Hyde Park location this month with a special promotion: find the golden doughnut and win free doughnuts and coffee for life.

    The first 100 customers who line up on June 18 at 7 a.m. at the new store, 5225 S. Harper Ct., will receive a free boxed doughnut and a t-shirt. One lucky box will contain the golden doughnut, which will grant the receiver free doughnuts and coffee for life.

    Stan’s new shop stretches over 2,000 square feet and includes a patio for outdoor seating. The company currently operates 14 locations in the city.



    https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/6/8/2 ... n-doughnut
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #189 - June 10th, 2021, 9:49 am
    Post #189 - June 10th, 2021, 9:49 am Post #189 - June 10th, 2021, 9:49 am
    Nini's Deli, as posted from Juan-Elias Riesco, the owner, is reopening in the same location. Posted today 6/10/2021 around 10:00AM CST:

    "Tuesday July 6 at 9am will be our first day back. We will be doing empanadas & iced cafe con leches only through our take out window. "
  • Post #190 - June 10th, 2021, 1:50 pm
    Post #190 - June 10th, 2021, 1:50 pm Post #190 - June 10th, 2021, 1:50 pm
    Today we noted that Cabos Baja had closed and Top Middle Eastern Restaurant had opened in the space. We had lunch there; it appears promising. Subtitle on menu says "Taste of Iraq." They have been open for five days. No sign of a web site.

    Top Middle Eastern Restaurant
    5750 N California Ave.
    Chicago 60659
    773-654-1173
  • Post #191 - June 11th, 2021, 11:13 am
    Post #191 - June 11th, 2021, 11:13 am Post #191 - June 11th, 2021, 11:13 am
    UniAddict wrote:Nini's Deli, as posted from Juan-Elias Riesco, the owner, is reopening in the same location.

    There's more info in today's Trib:

    Nini’s Deli announces plan to reopen, 1 year after its homophobic, anti-Black Lives Matter messaging drew outrage (Josh Noel, Chicago Tribune)
  • Post #192 - June 11th, 2021, 12:39 pm
    Post #192 - June 11th, 2021, 12:39 pm Post #192 - June 11th, 2021, 12:39 pm
    After more than half a century, Italian deli stalwart Sicilia Bakery is closed indefinitely at 5939 W. Lawrence Avenue due to a labor shortage

    https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/10/225 ... ummer-2021
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #193 - June 12th, 2021, 8:21 am
    Post #193 - June 12th, 2021, 8:21 am Post #193 - June 12th, 2021, 8:21 am
    A shop serving up Spanish bocadillos (a type of sandwich) is coming to Lincoln Park in the former Cafe Corbel space. At night, it looks like it will have more dinner related Spanish dishes (i.e. paella).

    A new and inventive addition to the Chicago food scene, the daytime bocadillo menu will be a mix of traditional and seasonal bocadillos featuring a range of Spanish ingredients and flavors to keep the menu fresh for all guests.

    The evening will be anchored by family-style paella–celebrating traditional dishes, great ingredients and diverse flavors.


    Coming Summer 2021
    Bocadillo Market
    2342 N Clark St

    http://www.bocadillomarket.com
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #194 - June 15th, 2021, 7:52 am
    Post #194 - June 15th, 2021, 7:52 am Post #194 - June 15th, 2021, 7:52 am
    Lure Fishbar, a successful group of New York restaurants, will open its first Chicago location on Tuesday, June 15 next to the 21c Museum Hotel Chicago.

    616 N Rush St.
    Chicago, IL 60611
    (701) 701-0000
    https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/14/225 ... servations
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #195 - June 15th, 2021, 7:59 am
    Post #195 - June 15th, 2021, 7:59 am Post #195 - June 15th, 2021, 7:59 am
    Popular Chicago-based Indian grocery chain Patel Brothers has opened its eagerly anticipated 7,000-square-foot store at 2610 W. Devon Avenue. https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/4/2246 ... ummer-2021
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #196 - June 16th, 2021, 5:58 am
    Post #196 - June 16th, 2021, 5:58 am Post #196 - June 16th, 2021, 5:58 am
    Solemn Oath’s Logan Square taproom is ready for its public debut after two years of renovations and planning.

    The taproom at 1955 N. Richmond St. is set to open noon Friday, said John Barley, Solemn Oath’s CEO and founder. From there, it will be open at its regular hours: noon-midnight Friday-Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sundays and noon-10 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday. It will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
    https://flip.it/9Tt4QY
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #197 - June 17th, 2021, 6:53 am
    Post #197 - June 17th, 2021, 6:53 am Post #197 - June 17th, 2021, 6:53 am
    Gordon Ramsay plans to open his first restaurant in Chicago in the River North neighborhood. Gordon Ramsay Burger will take over the former Wahlburgers space on the northeast corner of Ontario and State streets. The new celebrity burger joint is expected to open late 2021 or early 2022 with 120 seats, 5,000 square feet and a full bar.

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #198 - June 17th, 2021, 7:00 am
    Post #198 - June 17th, 2021, 7:00 am Post #198 - June 17th, 2021, 7:00 am
    The owners of the Robey hotel have teamed up with chef Guillermo Reyes for Chikatana, a modern Mexican restaurant in Fulton Market. Chikatana, 850 W. Fulton Market St., opened last week with contemporary Mexican food, including king crab chile relleno and pato en mole.

    https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/06/15 ... t-markets/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #199 - June 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm
    Post #199 - June 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm Post #199 - June 17th, 2021, 12:04 pm
    Dave148 wrote:
    Gordon Ramsay plans to open his first restaurant in Chicago in the River North neighborhood. Gordon Ramsay Burger will take over the former Wahlburgers space on the northeast corner of Ontario and State streets. The new celebrity burger joint is expected to open late 2021 or early 2022 with 120 seats, 5,000 square feet and a full bar.

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... story.html

    That Wahlburgers location didn’t last long. It only opened a little over two years ago. I’m sure that the pandemic didn’t help it.
  • Post #200 - June 20th, 2021, 2:42 pm
    Post #200 - June 20th, 2021, 2:42 pm Post #200 - June 20th, 2021, 2:42 pm
    Menya Goku temporarily closed. Sign in the door and Facebook page both state until further notice. Hopefully this doesn't portend something more permanent. One of my favorite bowls of ramen in the city.

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7658292733
  • Post #201 - June 21st, 2021, 6:58 pm
    Post #201 - June 21st, 2021, 6:58 pm Post #201 - June 21st, 2021, 6:58 pm
    Jim-Bob wrote:
    Dave148 wrote:
    Gordon Ramsay plans to open his first restaurant in Chicago in the River North neighborhood. Gordon Ramsay Burger will take over the former Wahlburgers space on the northeast corner of Ontario and State streets. The new celebrity burger joint is expected to open late 2021 or early 2022 with 120 seats, 5,000 square feet and a full bar.

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... story.html

    That Wahlburgers location didn’t last long. It only opened a little over two years ago. I’m sure that the pandemic didn’t help it.


    Ramsey is touting ketchup on his hot dogs. Ugh.
  • Post #202 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:39 am
    Post #202 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:39 am Post #202 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:39 am
    Spanish cafe, restaurant, and retail shop Bocadillo Market is slated to open this summer at in the revolving space that last housed Cafe Corbel at 2342 N. Clark

    https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/3/2249 ... ttractions
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #203 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:49 am
    Post #203 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:49 am Post #203 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:49 am
    Michelin-starred chef José Andrés is opening his first speakeasy this summer in River North, as part of the renowned chef’s first foray into Chicago. The yet-to-be-named, underground bar is one of five establishments Andrés and his company, ThinkFoodGroup, are opening in Chicago this year. The first, Café By The River, opened earlier this month on the river level of the new Bank of America Tower, which is going up at 110 N. Upper Wacker Drive.

    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/restaur ... ago-summer
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #204 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:50 am
    Post #204 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:50 am Post #204 - June 23rd, 2021, 6:50 am
    Contemporary American restaurant Eden, which shuttered its West Town location last summer as a result of the pandemic, is set to reopen this fall in a new riverfront spot in Avondale.

    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/restaur ... atio-space
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #205 - June 24th, 2021, 11:47 am
    Post #205 - June 24th, 2021, 11:47 am Post #205 - June 24th, 2021, 11:47 am
    Dave148 wrote:
    Spanish cafe, restaurant, and retail shop Bocadillo Market is slated to open this summer at in the revolving space that last housed Cafe Corbel at 2342 N. Clark

    https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/3/2249 ... ttractions


    I love when I beat the media to it. :D

    marothisu wrote:A shop serving up Spanish bocadillos (a type of sandwich) is coming to Lincoln Park in the former Cafe Corbel space. At night, it looks like it will have more dinner related Spanish dishes (i.e. paella).

    A new and inventive addition to the Chicago food scene, the daytime bocadillo menu will be a mix of traditional and seasonal bocadillos featuring a range of Spanish ingredients and flavors to keep the menu fresh for all guests.

    The evening will be anchored by family-style paella–celebrating traditional dishes, great ingredients and diverse flavors.


    Coming Summer 2021
    Bocadillo Market
    2342 N Clark St

    http://www.bocadillomarket.com
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #206 - June 24th, 2021, 9:32 pm
    Post #206 - June 24th, 2021, 9:32 pm Post #206 - June 24th, 2021, 9:32 pm
    marothisu wrote:
    Dave148 wrote:
    Spanish cafe, restaurant, and retail shop Bocadillo Market is slated to open this summer at in the revolving space that last housed Cafe Corbel at 2342 N. Clark

    https://chicago.eater.com/2021/6/3/2249 ... ttractions


    I love when I beat the media to it. :D


    I'm very curious to see their menu -- when I was in Barcelona and Madrid, a bocadillo didn't cost much more than a Subway sandwich -- smaller sure, but 10x the flavor and satisfaction in 1/2 the volume of sandwich. A better way to eat, if you ask me.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #207 - June 24th, 2021, 10:36 pm
    Post #207 - June 24th, 2021, 10:36 pm Post #207 - June 24th, 2021, 10:36 pm
    BAR GOA is an upscale Coastal Gastropub opening this summer in the heart of River North. Palm trees and waves of electronic music welcome you into Bar Goa where portugese influences meet Indian Flavors. Resort Cocktails with Goan twists and wines from Portugal are some of the highlights of the unique beverage program. Tropical Vibes and a truly fun atmosphere will create the feeling of being on vacation year round.


    https://culinaryagents.com/jobs/241176-Server

    I have to re-trace my steps, but I believe it will be at 116 W Hubbard St. Says it is coming in Summer 2021..
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #208 - June 25th, 2021, 6:54 am
    Post #208 - June 25th, 2021, 6:54 am Post #208 - June 25th, 2021, 6:54 am
    The small and local chain Deep Purpl will be opening their third location, in Lincoln Park. Their other locations are in Wicker Park and on Madison Ave just west of the river.

    Coming soon..
    Deep Purpl
    2472 N Clark St
    2019 Chicago Food Business License Issuances Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AGfUU ... sp=sharing
  • Post #209 - June 25th, 2021, 11:03 am
    Post #209 - June 25th, 2021, 11:03 am Post #209 - June 25th, 2021, 11:03 am
    marothisu wrote:The small and local chain Deep Purpl will be opening their third location, in Lincoln Park. Their other locations are in Wicker Park and on Madison Ave just west of the river.

    Do they have an outdoor patio where diners are allowed to Smoke on the Water? :lol:
  • Post #210 - June 25th, 2021, 11:15 am
    Post #210 - June 25th, 2021, 11:15 am Post #210 - June 25th, 2021, 11:15 am
    There's also a Hush joke in there somewhere, but I'm not biting.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more