LTH Home

Cubano Brothers - Elk Grove

Cubano Brothers - Elk Grove
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Cubano Brothers - Elk Grove

Post #1 - March 17th, 2019, 7:27 am
    Post #1 - March 17th, 2019, 7:27 am Post #1 - March 17th, 2019, 7:27 am
    Finally have a delicious Cuban sandwich option in my neck of the woods and the steak sandwich is quite good as well.

Cubano Brothers recently opened. Currently open for breakfast through lunch M-Sat, closed Sundays.

Cuban bread is made in house and they are doing a great job.

So far have tried the Cubano and Steak sandwiches as well as the jamon croquettes, avocado salad, guava/cheese and the meat pastries. I've found the Cubano, avocado salad and jamon croquettes to be great. The guava/cheese and meat pastries are made with phyllo dough and although I prefer traditional dough to phyllo, they still are darn tasty.

I haven't tried the Cubano bowls yet which consist of white rice, homemade black beans and a choice of lechon, ropa veja, palomilla, or grilled chicken. That will be a lunch next time.

Cubano Brothers
    571 Landmeier Rd.
    Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
    847-378-8865
    https://www.cubanobros.com/
    Current hours:
    M-F 7am-3pm
    Sat 7am-2pm
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #2 - March 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm
    Post #2 - March 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm Post #2 - March 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm
    Just had lunch at Cubano Bros and really liked the Cubano sandwich. The bread is the star of the show for me. I'm surprised they are making such good bread in house. I hit the Tampa area a few times a year and Cubano sandwiches are always on the list to eat while I'm there. Cubano Bros more than scratches that itch for me. Going back tomorrow to try the steak sandwich.

One caution is their use of mustard...may be a little heavy handed for some but it's fine for me.

This will be in my regular lunch rotation since it's so close to work.
  • Post #3 - March 18th, 2019, 5:25 pm
    Post #3 - March 18th, 2019, 5:25 pm Post #3 - March 18th, 2019, 5:25 pm
    This City-Guy often finds himself in Bensenville and Elk Grove Village, because of the plethora of Vendors in those two suburbs that support the creation of Custom-designed Furniture, (today's outing was on a hunt for "the perfect" Stone for a tiered-Custom Rolling-Dessert Cart(s) for a High-End Chicago Restaurant.)

After being alerted (Props to Sweet Willie on lth) to a tasty Cubano-
    I searched out the Cubano Bros. and have to say- I liked what I had.
    ImageCubano Bros.,Elk Grove Village >2 weeks-old Cuban Spot that I liked by R. Kramer, on Flickr

A relatively small storefront next to a 7-11 in a suburban strip mall is easy enough to park at- and is certainly bright - both in color and sound-wise as well.
    ImageCubano Bros.,Elk Grove Village >2 weeks-old Cuban Spot that I liked by R. Kramer, on Flickr

The owner and his brother have a "newer" Car being cut in half to mount in their Store, and said that the Vintage Car in Chicago's Cubanacito on Pulaksi- was not, an inspiration for their design ideas.
    The Media-Noche I ordered came nicely wrapped to go- although I ate in.
    The Roasted Pork was very flavorful and moist- not dry as in some places.
    The ham and mustard and pickle all came together nicely- but- for me THE BREAD- was the star.
    Baked in house- from a "starter"- almost like the manner in which "fresh-baked" French Rolls appear in a Polish "Bakery" inside Kurowski Sausage Shop on Milwaukee Ave.
    The sandwich cost $9.90 with tax- not cheap- but not-too-bad,
    considering that 90 Miles To Cuba's sandwich is around $11.00 before tax.
    My only negative comment about my Sandwich compared to others I like better- is that it coulda been "cheesier"- maybe a thicker slice of Cheese- or more slices.....and of course- I'd a liked a little more "width" to my sandwich.
    I'd certainly rate it as good as many I've had- my "Gold-Standard" Cubano was a little counter place on Milwaukee Ave., just across the street from where The Whistler is, in what's currently a small Jewelry Store- MAN-o-MAN- that was a Good Cuban- before Logan Square reached it's Hippest-'hood-nome-d'guerre.

I'm also intrigued by several Breakfast items I've never noticed on other Cuban sandwich menus before- a Croquette Sandwich, and Cuban Steak-&-Egg-Sandwich.

Definitely will try them again.
  • Post #4 - March 20th, 2019, 9:26 am
    Post #4 - March 20th, 2019, 9:26 am Post #4 - March 20th, 2019, 9:26 am
    Really liked the steak sandwich (grilled sirloin, grilled onions, tomato, and mojo sauce). I did add cheese. Think Cuban style cheese steak on the pressed bread. The mojo sauce adds a nice garlicky flavor to the sandwich. Will be a tough choice going forward between this and the Cubano.

Fresh cut fries would go great with the sandwiches but I'm not sure they have the space to prepare. Even some choices of bagged chips would be good and save me a trip to the 7-11 and bring in some extra revenue for them. They have bags of fried plantain chips but I'm not a fan.
  • Post #5 - November 12th, 2019, 11:44 am
    Post #5 - November 12th, 2019, 11:44 am Post #5 - November 12th, 2019, 11:44 am
    place is good!

• Post #6 - November 13th, 2019, 8:43 am
    Post #6 - November 13th, 2019, 8:43 am Post #6 - November 13th, 2019, 8:43 am
    Hungry Hound's take on Cubano Brothers: https://abc7chicago.com/food/cubano-bro ... s/5664646/
    -
  • Post #7 - January 22nd, 2020, 7:11 am
    Post #7 - January 22nd, 2020, 7:11 am Post #7 - January 22nd, 2020, 7:11 am
    Family-owned Cuban spot Cubano Bros. is planning to open its first city inside the Chicago French Market

https://chicago.eater.com/2020/1/7/2105 ... ood-report
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #8 - January 22nd, 2020, 8:55 am
    Post #8 - January 22nd, 2020, 8:55 am Post #8 - January 22nd, 2020, 8:55 am
    Wow, it sounds like I'll need to research what extradition agreements they have in place before visiting. But good for them!
  • Post #9 - March 13th, 2020, 7:56 pm
    Post #9 - March 13th, 2020, 7:56 pm Post #9 - March 13th, 2020, 7:56 pm
    Suburban family-owned Cuban spot Cubano Bros. opened its first Chicago location Wednesday inside the Chicago French Market.
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #10 - March 13th, 2020, 8:23 pm
    Post #10 - March 13th, 2020, 8:23 pm Post #10 - March 13th, 2020, 8:23 pm
    Dave148 wrote:Suburban family-owned Cuban spot Cubano Bros. opened its first Chicago location Wednesday inside the Chicago French Market.

It’s a shame on the timing. Wish them well.
  • Post #11 - October 10th, 2022, 11:43 am
    Post #11 - October 10th, 2022, 11:43 am Post #11 - October 10th, 2022, 11:43 am
    Stopped by Elk Grove location today for lunch.

Croquettes de Jamon were tasty as always as was the Cubano.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more