LTH Home

Egg-O-Holic - Indian egg dishes River West, mult. locations

Egg-O-Holic - Indian egg dishes River West, mult. locations
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - July 14th, 2022, 2:14 pm
    Post #91 - July 14th, 2022, 2:14 pm Post #91 - July 14th, 2022, 2:14 pm
    Did anyone go? Anyone among the first 50?
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #92 - August 15th, 2022, 12:11 pm
    Post #92 - August 15th, 2022, 12:11 pm Post #92 - August 15th, 2022, 12:11 pm
    At an LTH lunch today at the Schaumburg location (thanks for the company Cynthia & suzif), we split 4 items.

2 types of Sandwiches:
    Anda Masala
    Chicken Masala Sandwich

2 Mains:
    Lachko
    Goti Fry

I enjoyed everything, the easy standout item for me was the Goti Fry. Wowza!
    Will definitely be back and go through the menu.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #93 - August 15th, 2022, 4:33 pm
    Post #93 - August 15th, 2022, 4:33 pm Post #93 - August 15th, 2022, 4:33 pm
    Indeed -- good food and excellent company. And I second the nomination of Goti Fry as favorite of the day, and Ando Masala sandwich as number 2. But can't say that I've ever had anything here that wasn't mighty tasty.

• Post #94 - August 17th, 2022, 10:35 pm
    Post #94 - August 17th, 2022, 10:35 pm Post #94 - August 17th, 2022, 10:35 pm
    The Chicago Avenue location is also still killing it. I've gravitated lately towards the green egg rice which has such a rich sauce, generous handful of fried curry leaves, and tender boiled eggs, and the chicken masala wrap. You'd think they could skimp / pre-prep on the wraps but they're made with every bit of care, and really pop in textural contrast and richness. Sweet paan brings it all home.
  • Post #95 - August 31st, 2022, 6:38 pm
    Post #95 - August 31st, 2022, 6:38 pm Post #95 - August 31st, 2022, 6:38 pm
    Maiden voyage to the "new" Niles outpost today. Helluva lunch. Better and -- perhaps -- even spicier (full-flavored, not necessarily hotter) than what I remember having in River West . . .

Anda Masala Sandwich

Masala Full Fry

Red Fry Curry

Lachko

Rassa Bhurji

Green Egg Rice

Thrilled to have a new outpost of an old favorite so near my office. Did a quick 1-2 at Patel Brothers (next door) after lunch, which made it all the more enjoyable. There's some gnarly construction going on in the lot along Golf Road directly outside the front door. There's still parking there but the work is loud and a wee bit disruptive. I don't expect it'll last forever but I'm sure the proprietors will be delighted to see it end.

=R=

Eggholic Niles
    8425 W Golf Rd
    Niles, IL 60714
    (224) 534-7137
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #96 - August 31st, 2022, 7:29 pm
    Post #96 - August 31st, 2022, 7:29 pm Post #96 - August 31st, 2022, 7:29 pm
    Hi,

I drove past that location recently. It seems like they are adding a building to the front area. Am I wrong or is it some sewer-type work?

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #97 - August 31st, 2022, 8:13 pm
    Post #97 - August 31st, 2022, 8:13 pm Post #97 - August 31st, 2022, 8:13 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

I drove past that location recently. It seems like they are adding a building to the front area. Am I wrong or is it some sewer-type work?

Regards,
    Cathy2

I don't know enough to even guess what the nature of the project is. It seems way too tight to be another building going on such a narrow strip between the Golf Rd curb and the aleady existing building that houses EggHolic to its south (if that's what you're referring to). It just doesn't seem like there's enough room there for another building or that it could ever pass any sort of zoning threshold but again, I just don't know.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #98 - May 14th, 2023, 11:34 pm
    Post #98 - May 14th, 2023, 11:34 pm Post #98 - May 14th, 2023, 11:34 pm
    Was in Schaumburg with a friend today, and we wanted lunch, so I suggested we visit Eggholic, since I hadn't been there in many months. Interesting to note that the menu was slightly altered -- special Halal section, and note about modifying foods for other dietary traditions. Everything is a little pricier (50 cents to $2, depending on item), as is to be expected at present. But happily, the food is still outstanding. had Masala Papad to start -- roasted papad topped with tomato, onion, and cilantro. Tasty and refreshing. For main courses, shared the ever popular lachko and new to us red fry curry -- both huge hits. Couple of cups of desi chai.

So not really a big news item -- except for the price increased -- but no one has said anything for a while, and I don't want it to be forgotten.

• Post #99 - July 14th, 2023, 7:21 am
    Post #99 - July 14th, 2023, 7:21 am Post #99 - July 14th, 2023, 7:21 am
    What Does it Take to Egg-spand a Restaurant Franchise? The Owners of a Schaumburg-Based “Eggetarian” Indian Chain Explain

https://interactive.wttw.com/playlist/2 ... -franchise
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more