LTH Home

Kuma's Corner

Kuma's Corner
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 5 of 42
  • Post #121 - June 19th, 2007, 7:28 am
    Post #121 - June 19th, 2007, 7:28 am Post #121 - June 19th, 2007, 7:28 am
    eatchicago wrote:It troubles me that a restaurant can have an excellent track record and suddenly a couple reports of slow service (mind you, not rude or mean, but slow) and now this place gets labeled as a problem restaurant that we should be "sad" about. So, in my mind, yes it is necessary to respond to a discussion about bad service that I believe is blown way out of proportion.

I had no idea that sharing my experience of an off afternoon was going to cause such a fury. If other posters got the impression that I was "slamming" Kuma's or being "overly negative" that was not the intention and I apologize.

That being said, I'm a little disappointed that my interpretation of other LTHr's responses seem to be taking my criticism so personally. I AM NOT TRYING TO LABLE THIS A PROBLEM RESTAURANT. My post was not intended to be anything but constructive (again, if this was worded in the wrong way, then I apologize.) I appreciate that Kuma's is making a go of it in the Avondale neighborhood. I also appreciate an establishment that respects the suds, and has a sandwich with dried cranberries named "Judas Priest" (just too perfect). But it makes me crazy when good restaurants and bars with "great service" don't do a bit of forecasting and understaff a shift. It's bad for the customers' experience, it's hell for the staff, and it's bad for the establishment.

I am giving Kuma's the benefit of the doubt and think that this was a fluke. Its just that I noticed Whisky's post and thought, "Hmmmm...that's exactly what happened to us. We were there and there weren't enough staff which sucked." If 2 people have noticed it, I can guarantee you others have noticed it too.

My point is: if they're going to be more busy in the coming summer months, they should really think about more staff per shift. And yes, it "makes me sad" that someplace that has this much potential and has had great word-of-mouth is now having "off nights" or "off lunches" because of something as simple as not having an extra waitress.
  • Post #122 - June 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am
    Post #122 - June 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am Post #122 - June 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am
    mellonhead wrote:That being said, I'm a little disappointed that my interpretation of other LTHr's responses seem to be taking my criticism so personally. I AM NOT TRYING TO LABLE THIS A PROBLEM RESTAURANT.

Mellonhead:

You have to remember that every person reading on an internet forum brings their own backstory to your words.

Part of that backstory for some people is a recognition of a larger pattern of how discussions of restaurant quality play out. You've made your point, you aren't trying to put Kuma's out of business.

It would be nice if there were an easier way to put context on the disembodied words that make up LTH Forum. Well, there is -- face-to-face meetings help a lot. I think that's part of why LTH as a community is gung-ho about events.

Well, that and the food. :D
    Joe G.

"Whatever may be wrong with the world, at least it has some good things to eat." -- Cowboy Jack Clement
  • Post #123 - June 23rd, 2007, 10:54 am
    Post #123 - June 23rd, 2007, 10:54 am Post #123 - June 23rd, 2007, 10:54 am
    An Update:

I was there this Thursday at 9:30. Thursdays had been referenced in the last coupla posts as being overly busy.

We had just gotten out of a Music Box movie, so we didn't mind chatting during the 20 or so minutes it took to get in our order. But food and drinks arrived promptly from that point onward.

Fries were crispy (not sitting) and I think the chips were even better. I even enjoyed the pulled pork fries (though it makes me curious to try the nachos). And my Neurosis burger was cooked just right.

My companion enjoyed his Kuma as well. He is a true metalhead who started rocking out to Fu Manchu as we sat down and never stopped enjoying the music or the food.

The service was rushed for the first half hour or so, but never stopped being friendly, welcoming and polite.

I'm looking forward to going back.
  • Post #124 - June 25th, 2007, 9:23 am
    Post #124 - June 25th, 2007, 9:23 am Post #124 - June 25th, 2007, 9:23 am
    Well, I finally made it to Kuma's, and I was blown away. Contrary to my expectations from reading the more recent part of this thread, Kuma's appears to be a heavy-metal themed tavern run by heavily illustrated rabble rousers. It's not a proper restaurant at all! I can overlook that in the name of adventure, but given the quality of their linens and cutlery, Kuma's has little chance of achieving even two Mobil stars.

My rare Led Zeppelin with Salsa Yucateca was spot-on, however. And I'm partial to Anthrax over Dave Matthews, too.

Next up, a quiet meal at that fancy Belgian place in Andersonville...
  • Post #125 - June 25th, 2007, 10:51 am
    Post #125 - June 25th, 2007, 10:51 am Post #125 - June 25th, 2007, 10:51 am
    JeffB wrote:I'm partial to Anthrax over Dave Matthews, too.

I wouldn't put Dave Matthews over anybody.

Mercury Skyline Yacht Charters v. Dave Matthews Band, Inc., Case No. 05 C 1698, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 29663 (N.D. Ill. 2005).
    JiLS
  • Post #126 - June 25th, 2007, 10:57 am
    Post #126 - June 25th, 2007, 10:57 am Post #126 - June 25th, 2007, 10:57 am
    JimInLoganSquare wrote:
    JeffB wrote:I'm partial to Anthrax over Dave Matthews, too.

I wouldn't put Dave Matthews over anybody.

Mercury Skyline Yacht Charters v. Dave Matthews Band, Inc., Case No. 05 C 1698, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 29663 (N.D. Ill. 2005).

His tour bus, anyway... It'd be really ironic if Dave Matthews wrote/sang "Purple Rain".
    ...Pedro
  • Post #127 - June 28th, 2007, 8:13 am
    Post #127 - June 28th, 2007, 8:13 am Post #127 - June 28th, 2007, 8:13 am
    As I slowly work my way through Kuma's burger list at random, I'm finding that most of them meet my taste rather well, some I find much more enjoyable than others.

Last night's burger was a standout. The Darkthrone burger is topped with chopped (pureed?) chipotles, goat cheese, and pico de gallo.

Creamy, spicy, smoky, tasty. Thumbs up.

Best,
    Michael
  • Post #128 - June 28th, 2007, 8:40 am
    Post #128 - June 28th, 2007, 8:40 am Post #128 - June 28th, 2007, 8:40 am
    I love the Dark Throne burger. Add an egg and it's incredible.
    Anthony Bourdain on Barack Obama: "He's from Chicago, so he knows what good food is."
  • Post #129 - July 18th, 2007, 1:15 pm
    Post #129 - July 18th, 2007, 1:15 pm Post #129 - July 18th, 2007, 1:15 pm
    I noticed in the interview with Troy Sanders of Mastodon found on this page that Mastodon have visited Kuma's and seem to approve of their namesake burger. I wonder if any of the other bands on the Kumas menu have ever been there?

Pitchfork: So I heard you guys went to the restaurant Kuma's Corner last night, right?

TS: I went there last time we played Chicago. The rest of my dudes went there last night.

Pitchfork: So you didn't go last night?

TS: I did not go last night. But I have been there before, and it was delicious.

Pitchfork: They have a burger named after you guys.

TS: I ate it. It was amazing. I really enjoyed it. I felt bizarre ordering my own sandwich, but I figure if your band gets to the point where you have a sandwich named after you, you've done something right. Everybody wants to grow up and be a sandwich.

Pitchfork: What does the Mastodon burger consist of?

TS: You have your choice of meat burger, chicken breast, or veggie patty. It really caters to everyone. I went with the chicken, because I just wanted to try it. It comes on a pretzel roll, which is like half pretzel, half bun. It's amazing; I had never had one before. And the condiments were bacon, barbecue sauce, cheddar, and frizzled onions. Next time I go, I'm going to get the Neurosis burger. They've got the Neurosis burger, the Mastodon burger, the Maiden melt, the Slayer sandwich.
  • Post #130 - July 18th, 2007, 2:45 pm
    Post #130 - July 18th, 2007, 2:45 pm Post #130 - July 18th, 2007, 2:45 pm
    I went to Kuma's for the first time with my family (8 adults total) which happened to be a Thursday. It was a very busy night with 2 waitresses for the whole place (or at least just 2 for the patio.) Thankfully, I had warned them that I had read on LTH that Thursdays are very, very popular at Kuma's and thus it can be slow.
    Sure enough it was very, very slow to get pretty much everything.

The waitress was a great server. She was kind and informed and did her very best for us... when she was able to get to us. The food was absolutely delicious (as was the beer) double thumbs up on the burgers and the pork fries! My whole family was happy and will return very soon. We all agreed that we would recommend Kuma's to anyone on all counts, with a caveat that if they are busy you might have to be patient and just hang out and enjoy the atmosphere.

If I had not told my parents that I had read this and to be patient they would have been extremely unhappy with how long everything took. Please keep in mind I am not referring simply to how long it took to get the food. The waits were also in placing orders for water, beer, refills, napkins etc. We simply did not get her attention because she was so clearly swamped. I think people have it right on when they say that Kuma's could use a few more staff members because clearly they have the business for it.
  • Post #131 - July 18th, 2007, 3:52 pm
    Post #131 - July 18th, 2007, 3:52 pm Post #131 - July 18th, 2007, 3:52 pm
    I tried it recently. The burger (the forementioned "Darkthrone") was expertly-prepared and delicious. My only regret is that I had no idea that goat cheese (by nature, I guess) is cheese of the spreadable variety (not my forte). I scraped it off, and all was well.

My friend had the "Hatebeak" chicken sandwich, which was humongous as well as delicious (she let me try a bit of the chicken). I'll be trying that next, or requesting my own uber-metal \m/ variety (I'm thinking High on Fire?)...
  • Post #132 - July 19th, 2007, 11:30 am
    Post #132 - July 19th, 2007, 11:30 am Post #132 - July 19th, 2007, 11:30 am
    The food needs no recommendation from me, so I just wanted to put in a word for the service on a recent Monday night. Perfect seems like a strong word, but probably warranted. Our waitress was sunny-dispositioned, and right on top of everything from our arrival to our departure. Nothing was too fast or too slow, and "needs were attended to." The place was pretty busy, too (nobody was waiting for a table, but close to all the tables were occupied)--but obviously not as busy as the place must get on a Thursday night, from all the reports.

We are so clearly not the "demographic" for Kuma's (we're old) that I always feel it's remarkable how welcomed and accepted we feel when we're there. (It would be nice if such hospitality regardless of age, color, creed, etc. were the norm everywhere, but in the actual restaurant world it's enough of a rarity to make Kuma's exceptional.)
  • Post #133 - August 1st, 2007, 10:05 am
    Post #133 - August 1st, 2007, 10:05 am Post #133 - August 1st, 2007, 10:05 am
    We finally made it to Kuma's and even though it's on the northside we'll be back soon because it was so easy to get to (right off the expressway).

Even though much of what I have to say is already here, I thought I'd put my vote in anyway. Our server was great - she was prompt, professional and 'sunny'. She warned that the burgers may take a while, but we got our calamari (a little greasy, but nicely seasoned and tender) and our beers very quickly. Figjustin had the original Kuma and thought it was good, but should have asked for the egg Gary-style (runny) and could have ordered in rare (next time). I had the Neurosis, I think, (jalapenos, prosciutto, pepperjack & giardinera aioli) on the server's recommendation and loved the burger but wasn't sold on the combination - it could have used a little more spice and the prosciutto was superfulous. The fries were amazing, but I didn't like the ketchup (I'm a Heinz girl and it wasn't).
  • Post #134 - August 1st, 2007, 12:36 pm
    Post #134 - August 1st, 2007, 12:36 pm Post #134 - August 1st, 2007, 12:36 pm
    We were there last night too and noticed that they're shooting the Check Please segment this afternoon. Open again at 6 pm, get there before the rush...
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #135 - August 2nd, 2007, 9:11 am
    Post #135 - August 2nd, 2007, 9:11 am Post #135 - August 2nd, 2007, 9:11 am
    On LTH's recommendation, headed on down to Kuma's Corner yesterday afternoon for a later lunch. I really liked the atmosphere down there. Heavy Metal music overtone but not too loud, very good vibe.

Aftering ordering my first Inica IPA, I took some time to puruse the food menu. Only looked at the burgers, really. A few looked very good so I opted just for the Kuma burger - cheddar, bacon and a runny egg. I saw the post regarding putting the egg right up against the top bun for sturdiness reasons. So, I deap-6ed the tomato and lettuce and firmly attached egg to top bun - great suggestion! Wasn't a big deal for me as I don't like veggies on my burger (onions and mushrooms are exceptions).

The burger was an oh-so-slightly overcooked medium rare but close enough and extremely tasty. I'm in love with the pretzel bun :mrgreen: :oops: :o .

The bacon, cheddar and egg were a great ensemble. What a nice recommendation. I opted for the rather large, if simple side salad for an extra two bucks having had my fill of fries last week and having not seen unbridled enthusiasm for Kuma's fries in this post.

I also had an on tap Racer IPA which was very good. I really like this place. As I was awaiting my burger, I overhead the bartender (I was sitting at the bar) inform another patron that the bar was closing at 2 p.m. until later that evening to allow CHECK PLEASE to film there. I also struck up a coversation with a guy at the bar who happened to be Mike the owner. We discussed LTH - he's a bg fan - and the removal of the annoying boxing machine - which wasn't there having been replaced a an apparently less intrusive bowling game. FYI..there are now only two TVs - neither of which was on.

Mike seemed like a guy that really cares about his customers and their needs. He mentioned that after Time Out did an article on his place his business doubled. I asked him if he thought being on CHECK PLEASE might distance his regulars a bit and bring in patrons not necessarily a great fit for the place - Mike responded that he had great affinity for his regulars and that he would never abandon them - I believe him.

Anyway, my bartender was a very seductive tattoed woman and very nice as well guiding me through the IPAs offered at Kuma's - which is generally the only type of beer I really like anymore. Actually, I love IPAs :lol: .

I joked a bit with Mike about the comments on the beer menu - a few pot shots taken at Budweiser and Abita products and the only "normal" bear being PBR - u gotta like the place on principle even if the food stunk - and the food is great.

I left a few minutes before CHECK PLEASE arrived and while I was happy for Mike and Kuma's, I was a little sad that it would probably be a few weeks before I come back to allow the CHECK PLEASE-affect to subside a bit. Though I forgot to inquire about when the show would air - mea culpa.

Kuma's is really cool.

Bster
  • Post #136 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:25 am
    Post #136 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:25 am Post #136 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:25 am
    So what's the normal turnaround time on a Check Please being filmed and it airing?

I'm way overdue for trying this place and am guessing that Check Please will make it too packed for at least a month.
  • Post #137 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:26 am
    Post #137 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:26 am Post #137 - August 2nd, 2007, 10:26 am
    I would bet there's a month before the impact hits.
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #138 - August 2nd, 2007, 1:04 pm
    Post #138 - August 2nd, 2007, 1:04 pm Post #138 - August 2nd, 2007, 1:04 pm
    I'll write in defense of at least the Abita Turbodog; I think some American-only beer drinkers might have their palates opened to the wider world through this beer, and then settle on the Maudite and Trois Pistoles, if not Delerium Nocturnum itself. I agree that Mike is rocking the beer menu there.
  • Post #139 - August 2nd, 2007, 5:16 pm
    Post #139 - August 2nd, 2007, 5:16 pm Post #139 - August 2nd, 2007, 5:16 pm
    Santander wrote:I'll write in defense of at least the Abita Turbodog; I think some American-only beer drinkers might have their palates opened to the wider world through this beer, and then settle on the Maudite and Trois Pistoles, if not Delerium Nocturnum itself. I agree that Mike is rocking the beer menu there.

When I went to Redfish the other day, Turbodog was the best beer on the menu. Delirium Nocturnum is a great beer, but I'm not always in the mood for a 9% ABV beer.
    When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!
  • Post #140 - August 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm
    Post #140 - August 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm Post #140 - August 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm
    After making my first visit to Kuma's for lunch yesterday, I can clearly see the appeal of the place. It's a great space, the bar is beautiful and the service is excellent and notably friendly. Even though I didn't think it was perfect, the food transcended what I would have expected to find at a pub (if I hadn't read this thread).

I had an Indica IPA and the Kuma burger (bacon, cheddar, fried egg). Wife had Lagunitas India Pale Ale and the Yob (smoked gouda, bacon, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic-mayo). One cannot knock the quality of the fare -- or the ingredients that comprise it -- at Kuma's. That said, it was a bummer that even though we ordered both our burgers medium rare, mine ended up being cooked to order and hers was taken to somewhere just the other side of medium. I also felt that the meat could have been seasoned just a bit more than it was. I appreciated the 'nakedness' of the angus beef but a touch more salt would have highlighted it nicely. Also, I don't want to knock the generous 1/2-pound portion being served at Kuma's but the architecture of the burgers made them somewhat unwieldy. The Kuma burger -- stacked with bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and runny egg -- was difficult to handle. I'm not sure there's really a cure for this -- or that there should be. For a moment, I wished that the 1/2-pound patty was thinner and larger in diameter. Obviously, this is my personal style preference which has very little to do with Kuma's success or failure.

Fries were tasty and nicely seasoned but a bit limp. I'm not a huge fan of the pretzel roll but my wife really enjoyed it. I loved the spicy ketchup, which took me by pleasant surprise. I thought the cloth napkins were a great touch -- and a nice concession to the reality of the generously-portioned burgers -- but the fabric softener/scented detergent they'd been treated with was an unpleasant distraction.

Cigarette smoke started out as a non-issue but became more noticeable by the end of our visit. Initially, one person was smoking at the bar and I didn't even notice it until I turned around and saw it. Later, as we were finishing our burgers, another group came in, sat at the bar and lit up. At that point, the smoke began to get in the way of the food. But hey, it's a bar, so again, this definitely says more about my personal preferences than it does about Kuma's. I'm guessing that cigarette smoke doesn't really bother too many people in the same way it bothers me. Maybe sitting outside would have been a way to avoid the issue but it was just too hot for that.

Anyway, I'm really glad I tried it and will definitely be back. I have a few friends who I know will love Kuma's and I cannot wait to take them there. It's a gem of a spot that seems to do what it does very well.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #141 - August 12th, 2007, 3:31 pm
    Post #141 - August 12th, 2007, 3:31 pm Post #141 - August 12th, 2007, 3:31 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Cigarette smoke started out as a non-issue but became more noticeable by the end of our visit.

Very soon now it won't be an issue at all, anywhere in the state!
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #142 - August 13th, 2007, 6:53 am
    Post #142 - August 13th, 2007, 6:53 am Post #142 - August 13th, 2007, 6:53 am
    Finally made it to Kuma's last night. This place is an absolute gem. I can't believe I waited this long.

The burgers were unanimously agreed to being the "best" everyone at the table had had. Service was wonderful and we loved the vibe of the place.

We'll be back very soon.
  • Post #143 - August 19th, 2007, 9:06 am
    Post #143 - August 19th, 2007, 9:06 am Post #143 - August 19th, 2007, 9:06 am
    Went back again last night for a late dinner. At 11:00 PM on a Saturday, the heavy metal is a bit louder and the air is a bit smokier, but the burgers are just as amazing and the beer list is even more worthy of curious exploration.

love this place.
  • Post #144 - August 19th, 2007, 4:09 pm
    Post #144 - August 19th, 2007, 4:09 pm Post #144 - August 19th, 2007, 4:09 pm
    We went Friday night, drawn by the possibility of sitting outside. We arrived around 7 and there was a wait for outside, but plenty of inside seating. We sat inside and had a beer. I didn't notice any smoke, though I am sure there was some.

By 7:30 the place was packed. We finally got outside seating around 7:45. There were a few specials, but we ignored them in favor of the burgers. We got them exactly as we ordered them (medium) and they were very tasty. I disagree that the burger itself has no taste, it is not over-salted, but it definitely has a nice mildly beefy flavor.

At one point they had run out of glasses, so we had to wait a while for our second beers. I didn't like the one I had ordered, and didn't drink it. The server didn't charge us for it, which was definitely not necessary, but quite a nice thing to do.

The servers seemed a bit disorganized, one told us to go look for outside seating, another told us there was a wait list. People seemed to be wandering out there anyway, and I wondered whether we'd get a table outside or if someone would wander out and get it before us.

Everyone we encountered was pleasant and seemed quite interested in making sure we were enjoying our food and drink. There was no music outside, which I would have liked, but perhaps they have neighbors who don't like metal. The music wasn't very loud inside either, though the crowd was.

Anyway, it was very good and we plan to go again. I liked the pretzel bun, DH didn't particularly like it as well as other buns, but didn't object to it.
    Leek

American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #145 - August 21st, 2007, 10:56 am
    Post #145 - August 21st, 2007, 10:56 am Post #145 - August 21st, 2007, 10:56 am
    Sunday night was Kuma's 2nd anniversary; it was also pouring rain. The staff provided free food to anyone walking in off the street - macaroni salad, homemade potato chips, and four kinds of sausages, including a pretty tasty beer bratwurst.

Amusingly, we had brought two foreign friends, a Russian and a German, to Kuma's specifically so they could have a fantastic American hamburger. When they ended up eating brats, I had yet another flashback to that Olive Garden commercial where the crew gleefully takes Uncle Giorgio to their "favorite restaurant."

I can't argue with free food, or with the bonhomie of the place. Tats and smiles in all corners, a good raffle going, and sorrows and celebrations all awash in Maudite. Many people under the patio tarps were getting soaked and still enjoying it. Happy anniversary!
  • Post #146 - August 22nd, 2007, 9:19 am
    Post #146 - August 22nd, 2007, 9:19 am Post #146 - August 22nd, 2007, 9:19 am
    Hit Kuma's last night and had a great experience as always, with one small hiccup that was easily fixed by the waitress. Arrived at about 6pm and had a Bear Republic Racer 5 on tap; a great beer if they still have it next time you are there. Followed that up with a Lagunitas Sirius Ale, which I really enjoyed. Not often you see a high gravity cream ale. I liked it enough to follow it up with another one ;)

So a bit before 7 we moved to a table and started things off with an app of Pulled Pork fries. Quite good, with a very sweet BBQ sauce that I think worked well on the fries, though definitely not something I'd want on standalone BBQ. Burgers were ordered and I went with the Kaijo. Last few times I have been to Kuma's I have ordered medium rare and got something a bit more towards medium, so this time I asked for it in between rare and mid-rare. Unfortunately what arrived in the end was a very well-done. After contemplating if it was worth it to say anything I saw someone else's burger at the table that was ordered medium rare and it was nice and pink. So I decided to just double check that the waitress had mine ordered as rare/mid-rare and as soon as she saw it she took it back for them to make another, with no hesitation or hassle at all. Next burger was in front of me in less than 5 minutes, and was perfectly cooked. Finished the night off with a Lost Coast Indica IPA; good beer though I much prefered the Racer 5, but not a very fair comparison of an on tap IPA to a bottle.

I really enjoy seeing this place do such good business. Hopefully more places see the correlation between good simple food and great beers and a packed house on a Tuesday night and follow suit :) If there was one thing I could hope for Kuma's to change, it would be to add some more beer taps. Having twice as many taps to rotate would make the draw to come back more often that much stronger. As of now it seems like there hasn't really been any variation on the bottled beer selection since I have been going to Kuma's and the number of taps is limited.

Jamie

BTW-> Still have not had a burger there that tops the Kuma's burger, but I don't mind working my way through all of them to prove that it is my favorite.
  • Post #147 - August 22nd, 2007, 7:28 pm
    Post #147 - August 22nd, 2007, 7:28 pm Post #147 - August 22nd, 2007, 7:28 pm
    Jamieson22 wrote:had a Bear Republic Racer 5 on tap; a great beer if they still have it next time you are there.

This is funny, because it is the beer I had and truly didn't like. When I ordered it the server gave it 2 thumbs up. But I couldn't taste any hops at all, it was just sweet and weird tasting and not good :P

Interesting how very different people's tastes are.
    Leek

• Post #148 - August 26th, 2007, 4:57 pm
    Post #148 - August 26th, 2007, 4:57 pm Post #148 - August 26th, 2007, 4:57 pm

I rule!
  • Post #149 - August 26th, 2007, 8:45 pm
    Post #149 - August 26th, 2007, 8:45 pm Post #149 - August 26th, 2007, 8:45 pm
    johnny wrote:Image

I rule!

Forget onion lapel pins, this is what LTH members need to identify themselves.
  • Post #150 - August 27th, 2007, 12:02 am
    Post #150 - August 27th, 2007, 12:02 am Post #150 - August 27th, 2007, 12:02 am
    johnny wrote:I rule!

Yes you do!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide