LTH Home

KFC -- Sorry

KFC -- Sorry
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - October 13th, 2020, 1:27 pm
    Post #31 - October 13th, 2020, 1:27 pm Post #31 - October 13th, 2020, 1:27 pm
    Ram4 wrote: I haven't tried the new Secret Recipe fries but my brother thinks they are nothing special.

Mediocre at best with an off putting starch coating for fake crispiness. The wedges were far better.
  • Post #32 - October 14th, 2020, 6:05 pm
    Post #32 - October 14th, 2020, 6:05 pm Post #32 - October 14th, 2020, 6:05 pm
    When it comes to "fast food chicken" I have found Chick-fil-A's far superior to KFC or Popeyes. Unfortunately, the closest one is 25 miles away. Had the nuggets and a Cobb salad last time. Both were superb...and the lines around the building for drive through service moved quickly, with several employees taking orders. Oh, the waffles fries are killer, too.
    It’s more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use
    long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like
    “What about lunch?”
    —Winnie The Pooh
    "... a good dinner is of great importance to good talk. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
    Virginia Woolf : A Room of One's Own
  • Post #33 - October 14th, 2020, 6:36 pm
    Post #33 - October 14th, 2020, 6:36 pm Post #33 - October 14th, 2020, 6:36 pm
    that's my favorite wrote:When it comes to "fast food chicken" I have found Chick-fil-A's far superior to KFC or Popeyes. Unfortunately, the closest one is 25 miles away. Had the nuggets and a Cobb salad last time. Both were superb...and the lines around the building for drive through service moved quickly, with several employees taking orders. Oh, the waffles fries are killer, too.

Haven't had KFC in decades, and for me, Popeye's is for red beans and rice. But do enjoy Chick-fil-A's chicken preparations -- and those waffle fries. When I'm on the road for business (and therefore eating for speed, not for discovering local cuisine), a Chick-fil-A is always a welcome sight.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #34 - October 14th, 2020, 10:22 pm
    Post #34 - October 14th, 2020, 10:22 pm Post #34 - October 14th, 2020, 10:22 pm
    that's my favorite wrote:When it comes to "fast food chicken" I have found Chick-fil-A's far superior to KFC or Popeyes. Unfortunately, the closest one is 25 miles away. Had the nuggets and a Cobb salad last time. Both were superb...and the lines around the building for drive through service moved quickly, with several employees taking orders. Oh, the waffles fries are killer, too.

When compared to KFC and Popeyes’ specialties, Chick-fil-A’s versions are tasteless, texture less and far from filling. This should be no surprise since Chick-fil-A does not serve whole, bone in pieces of fried chicken.

If I want a sandwich made with chicken I might go any of the three; but when I want chicken, only KFC and Popeye’s qualify.
  • Post #35 - October 15th, 2020, 8:18 am
    Post #35 - October 15th, 2020, 8:18 am Post #35 - October 15th, 2020, 8:18 am
    So you are basically saying that you like chicken pieces on the bone more than a chicken sandwich. My only take is if you can't find better than those two places you must not like it that much. Look around and there is some awfully good stuff out there.
  • Post #36 - October 15th, 2020, 8:58 am
    Post #36 - October 15th, 2020, 8:58 am Post #36 - October 15th, 2020, 8:58 am
    Evanston Chicken Shack by a mile!

Popeye's for a quick stop or, late night car consuming with a pint of Mad Dog 20/20 in an ice filled Hydro Flask water bottle.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #37 - October 15th, 2020, 9:59 am
    Post #37 - October 15th, 2020, 9:59 am Post #37 - October 15th, 2020, 9:59 am
    Puckjam wrote:So you are basically saying that you like chicken pieces on the bone more than a chicken sandwich. My only take is if you can't find better than those two places you must not like it that much. Look around and there is some awfully good stuff out there.

No, what I’m saying is that making a general comparison between Chick-fil-A and traditional fried chicken chains makes no sense. It’s fine to prefer C-f-A for sandwiches, but saying they have better chicken is a non sequitur.
  • Post #38 - October 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm
    Post #38 - October 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm Post #38 - October 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm
    scottsol wrote:
    Puckjam wrote:So you are basically saying that you like chicken pieces on the bone more than a chicken sandwich. My only take is if you can't find better than those two places you must not like it that much. Look around and there is some awfully good stuff out there.

No, what I’m saying is that making a general comparison between Chick-fil-A and traditional fried chicken chains makes no sense. It’s fine to prefer C-f-A for sandwiches, but saying they have better chicken is a non sequitur.
    I know what you meant. I would never compare Chick-fil-a overall to KFC, Popeye's, Brown's, Gus's, Bojangles, Lee's, Mrs. Winner's or any other chicken chain that serves chicken on the bone which I find superior to sandwiches, tenders and nuggets. And I have never been a fan of waffle fries. I like Chick-fil-a for their sandwich, nuggets and especially my favorite - the chicken biscuit. Popeye's needs to put their chicken sandwich on a large biscuit. That would be the ultimate for me.
  • Post #39 - May 13th, 2021, 6:48 am
    Post #39 - May 13th, 2021, 6:48 am Post #39 - May 13th, 2021, 6:48 am
    Kentucky Fried Chicken is rolling out new packaging this summer, joining other major fast food companies that are giving themselves a makeover. The chicken chain said the new look is a "more modern take" on the KFC's signature red and white colors. Colonel Sanders' head will still adorn the buckets, sandwich wrappers and cups, but the refreshed designs will more closely imitate its original signature bucket.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/business ... 0901586865
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #40 - May 13th, 2021, 9:06 pm
    Post #40 - May 13th, 2021, 9:06 pm Post #40 - May 13th, 2021, 9:06 pm
    Old wine, new bottles.
  • Post #41 - May 14th, 2021, 7:08 am
    Post #41 - May 14th, 2021, 7:08 am Post #41 - May 14th, 2021, 7:08 am
    Tried the KFC spicy chicken sandwich yesterday. It's almost a clone of the Popeyes one -- same price, same basic components. I haven't done a head-to-head, but I think KFC slightly edges Popeyes on spiciness, their pickles are more thickly sliced, but Popeyes climbs ahead on the crunchiness of their breading (if you're repulsed by breaded things on bread, that isn't the sandwich for you). The bun from Popeyes may be a little tastier.

Popeyes' dropping onion rings and dirty (ahem "cajun") rice means the side dish choices are about equivalent, but KFC's fries are still pretty awful.

Given that there's more KFCs than Popeyes around, I'll likely have another of their spicy chicken sandwiches at some point, and I can't say I'll be sad about it.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #42 - May 14th, 2021, 4:36 pm
    Post #42 - May 14th, 2021, 4:36 pm Post #42 - May 14th, 2021, 4:36 pm
    JoelF wrote:Tried the KFC spicy chicken sandwich yesterday. It's almost a clone of the Popeyes one -- same price, same basic components. I haven't done a head-to-head,

I suspect that whichever one you get closer to the cook time will be the better one. I rarely get Popeyes anymore because, to often, it was cooked a long time before it was served.
  • Post #43 - May 16th, 2021, 10:11 am
    Post #43 - May 16th, 2021, 10:11 am Post #43 - May 16th, 2021, 10:11 am
    lougord99 wrote:
    JoelF wrote:Tried the KFC spicy chicken sandwich yesterday. It's almost a clone of the Popeyes one -- same price, same basic components. I haven't done a head-to-head,

I suspect that whichever one you get closer to the cook time will be the better one. I rarely get Popeyes anymore because, to often, it was cooked a long time before it was served.

The KFC sandwich I had I got got and crispy. It looked great. Awesome texture contrast between crust and juicy interior. The only problem I had is that it tasted like nothing. It was surprisingly bland — I actually for a second considered if I was developing Covid symptoms. Everything about it seemed to want to add up to one hell of a sandwich, but it managed to have no flavor. It didn’t even have the signature salty umami white peppery KFC taste. My brother, at a different location, different time had exactly the same complaints.

I mean, it’s not offensive, it’s just not there.
  • Post #44 - May 25th, 2021, 5:18 pm
    Post #44 - May 25th, 2021, 5:18 pm Post #44 - May 25th, 2021, 5:18 pm
    Way back in the day we laughed at my aunt who complained that the crooked revolving bucket sign made them look cheap. Turns out she was right.
  • Post #45 - January 5th, 2022, 7:24 am
    Post #45 - January 5th, 2022, 7:24 am Post #45 - January 5th, 2022, 7:24 am
    Kentucky Fried Chicken is going to sell a new menu item that contains no chicken — but tastes like it does. The new plant-based fried chicken nugget alternative, called Beyond Fried Chicken, will be added to menus nationwide beginning Monday, Jan. 10 for a limited time.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/business ... 1382011867
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more