LTH Home

Hardee's new Monster Thickburger Tribune headline

Hardee's new Monster Thickburger Tribune headline
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - January 19th, 2023, 12:13 pm
    Post #31 - January 19th, 2023, 12:13 pm Post #31 - January 19th, 2023, 12:13 pm
    jlawrence01 wrote:Personally, I cannot believe how BAD the In-n-Out french fries are. They have the same cardboard taste of a Domino's box.

Talking about In-N-Out fries seem similar to talking about sides at a really good BBQ joint, but each his own.

I get In-N-Out fries well done and then douse them with juice from the peppers, of which I typically take an obscene amount. Also dab them in ketchup mixed with pepper juice. Works for me.

To me the burgers make up for any deficits the fries may have.

In-N-Out, count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #32 - January 19th, 2023, 2:37 pm
    Post #32 - January 19th, 2023, 2:37 pm Post #32 - January 19th, 2023, 2:37 pm
    I am more than happy to complain about the sides at a good BBQ joint. For me, you have to offer a well-rounded eating experience beyond a pile of really tasty meat.

That said, even as a die hard In-n-Out lover, I have ranted about their fries for decades. Sadly they actually seem proud of their single fry fresh cut potatoes, never mind that you should pre cook and double fry a proper fry. The only way to make them salvageable is to cover them in secret sauce by ordering them animal style.
  • Post #33 - January 19th, 2023, 3:27 pm
    Post #33 - January 19th, 2023, 3:27 pm Post #33 - January 19th, 2023, 3:27 pm
    I generally don't go to places for a hamburger, I go for a meal. I generally end up at Culvers, Steak n Shake, or Big Boy rather than the other options.

If I am looking for a sandwich, we head for a hotdog at QuikTrip.
  • Post #34 - January 25th, 2023, 5:42 pm
    Post #34 - January 25th, 2023, 5:42 pm Post #34 - January 25th, 2023, 5:42 pm
    I'm a big fan of In-N-Out, but I can see why many people don't like their fries - they don't even use the typical Russet potatoes. They use Kennebec which would greatly benefit from being double fried. I sometimes get them well done but lately I am back to the regular cook. I love pretty much all fries and I have no issue with theirs. I agree they are not anything special, but I will gladly eat them up every single time. I may walk over to the one near where I am staying later tonight. :wink:
  • Post #35 - March 7th, 2024, 11:03 am
    Post #35 - March 7th, 2024, 11:03 am Post #35 - March 7th, 2024, 11:03 am
    I don't think that the Hardee's that was attached to the gas station in Chicago ever opened. It looks like the closest Hardee's is in South Holland attached to a Love's truck stop.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more