LTH Home

Clucker's Charcoal Chicken in Highwood

Clucker's Charcoal Chicken in Highwood
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - May 9th, 2010, 10:35 pm
    Post #31 - May 9th, 2010, 10:35 pm Post #31 - May 9th, 2010, 10:35 pm
    I have very fond memories of the original Clucker’s on Clark near Fullerton in front of NEO. It was the nice but moderate restaurant with the silly name. They used to serve family style bowls of salad with fantastic poppy seed dressing. It was a fine place to start the evening and fuel up before heading down the alley to dance the night away. A few decades later, my husband and I have gone suburban. We recently noticed the Clucker’s sign while on and ice cream run to sweat peas – finally stopped in for lunch today. Yes, it is the same owner – he has a long and interesting story about where he has been for the past 20+ years. I had a great salad with the same wonderful poppy seed dressing. The greens and veggies were fresh, the chicken was moist and flavorful. My kids had mac and cheese with chicken and loved it. We did not have time for more but I definitely will be back.

Grandpa Bob – I completely agree – and I especially love that this is a place where my kids will be happy to eat but I can use a real fork, knife and ceramic plate. Another touch of civilization in the suburbs!
  • Post #32 - June 8th, 2018, 1:08 pm
    Post #32 - June 8th, 2018, 1:08 pm Post #32 - June 8th, 2018, 1:08 pm
    Clucker's Chicken has recently purchased the building at 405 Sheridan Road in Highwood. That spot was formerly Mi Lin Restaurant. They'll be moving over there from their other location in Highwood.
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #33 - June 9th, 2018, 9:36 am
    Post #33 - June 9th, 2018, 9:36 am Post #33 - June 9th, 2018, 9:36 am
    Dave148 wrote:Clucker's Chicken has recently purchased the building at 405 Sheridan Road in Highwood. That spot was formerly Mi Lin Restaurant. They'll be moving over there from their other location in Highwood.

When they pulled down the facade, Art Deco tile was revealed and fortunately is being preserved.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #34 - August 30th, 2018, 12:57 pm
    Post #34 - August 30th, 2018, 12:57 pm Post #34 - August 30th, 2018, 12:57 pm
    Well, Clucker's officially moved down south about three weeks ago. The new spot is in the same building that Shrimp Walk (RIP) along with various Chinese/Asian spots held fort over the years.

The menu appears to be the same as the previous location. You order at the counter and take a number to your table. There's outdoor sidewalk seating up front along with a parking lot on the north side of the building. That'll come in handy in the evening. Decor-wise, it's pretty similar to up north. The new kitchen is a bit more open.

Since I'm having chicken for dinner, I had a Barnyard Beef Burger along with smashed reds for today's lunch. Cooked to order at medium rare. I'm a happy camper. I'll be back.

Clucker's Charcoal Chicken
    405 N Sheridan Rd.
    Highwood, IL 60040
    (847) 432-2582
    http://www.cluckerscharcoalchicken.com/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat