LTH Home

Pasticceria Natalina--Andersonville's new Sicilian bakery!

Pasticceria Natalina--Andersonville's new Sicilian bakery!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 15 of 15 
  • Post #421 - August 5th, 2011, 6:48 am
    Post #421 - August 5th, 2011, 6:48 am Post #421 - August 5th, 2011, 6:48 am
    Definitive-sounding reports that PN closed for good a couple of months ago were proven wrong last night when I walked by the place. Pastries and gelato for sale, and fully clothed Nick and Natalie lounging around in the store. I was wearing a shirt with horizontal stripes that did not flatter my figure, so I did not go in out of concern for my self image.
    ...defended from strong temptations to social ambition by a still stronger taste for tripe and onions." Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

Fuckerberg on Food
  • Post #422 - August 5th, 2011, 7:18 am
    Post #422 - August 5th, 2011, 7:18 am Post #422 - August 5th, 2011, 7:18 am
    Kennyz wrote:Definitive-sounding reports that PN closed for good a couple of months ago were proven wrong last night when I walked by the place. Pastries and gelato for sale, and fully clothed Nick and Natalie lounging around in the store. I was wearing a shirt with horizontal stripes that did not flatter my figure, so I did not go in out of concern for my self image.

They have been operating a limited service business for a bit now, simply called 5406 Clark.
    See http://www.facebook.com/pages/5406-N-Cl ... 63?sk=info

I believe they sell a mixture of things they make themselves and stuff made by others.

Sometimes they send emails announcing what they are making.
  • Post #423 - August 5th, 2011, 7:43 am
    Post #423 - August 5th, 2011, 7:43 am Post #423 - August 5th, 2011, 7:43 am
    Darren72 wrote:I believe they sell a mixture of things they make themselves and stuff made by others.

So pretty much back to normal, then?

Zing! Oh no I didn't!
  • Post #424 - August 5th, 2011, 7:48 am
    Post #424 - August 5th, 2011, 7:48 am Post #424 - August 5th, 2011, 7:48 am
    cilantro wrote:
    Darren72 wrote:I believe they sell a mixture of things they make themselves and stuff made by others.

So pretty much back to normal, then?

Zing! Oh no I didn't!

They are not back to normal. They sell much less stuff than they used to. They also sell sandwiches. And they are only open a Thursday to Sunday.

I think if this thread is going to devolve into another silly flame war, it would be more interesting if you have to include a quote from one of the many previous posts that says exactly the same thing as you are posting. :)
  • Post #425 - August 5th, 2011, 8:43 am
    Post #425 - August 5th, 2011, 8:43 am Post #425 - August 5th, 2011, 8:43 am
    This is one of those threads where I love reading the first page and then skipping all the way to the last few.

I want to try and get back before they close for good, if they do. My wife went to high school with Natalie and she said this entire situation is par for the course for her. Needless to say I'll be going solo if I make it up there in time.
  • Post #426 - August 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm
    Post #426 - August 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm Post #426 - August 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm
    And in the Odd Coincidence Department, I literally just received this email from natalina@p-natalina.com:

"Hello friends-

We'll be offering 2 kinds of our famous gluten-free/dairy-free cookies next weekend: August 12th - 14th.

(Remember, these treats are not manipulated to be gluten/dairy-free, they are traditional varieties of nut-based cookies that have brought smiles to faces for hundreds of years.)

Please order via email by Tuesday, August 9th, being sure to specify the variety and number of pieces you would like:

AMARETTI - soft almond; specialty of Sicily $3 / ea.

PASTICCINI AL PISTACCHIO - soft pistachio; specialty of Sicily $3 / ea.

To view photos of these products, click on

http://www.p-natalina.com/g-cookies.html"
  • Post #427 - August 5th, 2011, 1:47 pm
    Post #427 - August 5th, 2011, 1:47 pm Post #427 - August 5th, 2011, 1:47 pm
    I couldn't access their Facebook page, but this is from their "new concept" web page:

5406 N. CLARK
    café   •  lounge   •  free wi-fi  •  cash only
    [thursday / friday / saturday]   10am - 10pm
    [sunday]   9am - 9pm
    closed monday / tuesday / wednesday
    ----------------------------------
    HOT ROASTED SAND-WITCHES!
    all varieties only $5
    {tax already included}

SOUP - SALAD - CHIPS - PICKLES
    combos available starting at  $7.50
    ----------------------------------
    we get high[er] with a little help from our friends…
    GELATO • DONUTS • BREADS • CROISSANTS
    COOKIES • CAKES • GRANOLA
    selected from some of our favorite bakeries all over Chicago
    ---------------------------------
    bottled coca-cola  • iced turkish coffee • spring water
    ginger ale • hot coffee • milk • house brewed iced or hot tea

$2 BIKE DELIVERY - call 773 989 0662
    north to Ridge  /  south to Lawrence  /  west to Ravenswood   /  east to the lake
    -----------------------------------
    DAILY SELECTIONS ARE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
    ‘5406 N. CLARK’    {our address is our name}
    "Life is a combination of magic and pasta." -- Federico Fellini

"You're not going to like it in Chicago. The wind comes howling in from the lake. And there's practically no opera season at all--and the Lord only knows whether they've ever heard of lobster Newburg." --Charles Foster Kane, Citizen Kane.
  • Post #428 - August 7th, 2011, 7:52 pm
    Post #428 - August 7th, 2011, 7:52 pm Post #428 - August 7th, 2011, 7:52 pm
    Closed tonight at around 8:15, despite posted hours stating they should be open.

There are signs in the window soliciting offers to buy the bakery equipment and take over the space, noting that once they're "gone" the equipment will go with them.

So I think it's fair to say that closing is more or less imminent.
  • Post #429 - August 8th, 2011, 8:42 am
    Post #429 - August 8th, 2011, 8:42 am Post #429 - August 8th, 2011, 8:42 am
    What the hell is a SAND-WITCH? Is it made of sand and/or witches? They should really be more clear, what with summer ending and Halloween just around the corner.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #430 - August 9th, 2011, 8:36 am
    Post #430 - August 9th, 2011, 8:36 am Post #430 - August 9th, 2011, 8:36 am
    I'd be interested in reading about next weekend's gluten-free cookie event. Is anyone planning to order? Please post if you do so.
    Man : I can't understand how a poet like you can eat that stuff.
    T. S. Eliot: Ah, but you're not a poet.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more