LTH Home

The Warbler

The Warbler
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • The Warbler

Post #1 - September 27th, 2018, 10:16 pm
    Post #1 - September 27th, 2018, 10:16 pm Post #1 - September 27th, 2018, 10:16 pm
    Anybody been to the Warbler, supposedly next door [to Gather], and run by the same team? My daughter just started working there....so I may have to try it.

The Warbler
    4535 N Lincoln Ave
    Chicago, IL 60625
    Phone: (773) 681-0950
    https://www.thewarblerchicago.com/
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #2 - September 27th, 2018, 11:25 pm
    Post #2 - September 27th, 2018, 11:25 pm Post #2 - September 27th, 2018, 11:25 pm
    diversedancer wrote:Anybody been to the Warbler, supposedly next door, and run by the same team? My daughter just started working there....so I may have to try it.

I've been there a couple of times and honestly, it hasn't really wowed me. Once, my friend had to go there, so we accompanied him. A second time, we were seeing a show across the street at the Old Town School of Folk Music with a friend who was 7 months pregnant, so it was a convenient choice. I see enough shows there that I'm guessing I'll probably go back to The Warbler again at some point, but I won't be in any hurry to do so. I'd much rather pre-game at any number of other spots in the neighborhood than either Gather or The Warbler.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #3 - September 28th, 2018, 10:02 am
    Post #3 - September 28th, 2018, 10:02 am Post #3 - September 28th, 2018, 10:02 am
    I have had a couple of meals here as well and have enjoyed them. I don't think I like the Warbler as much as I like Gather, but it is nice to have a place that a) is a little more casual (Gather isn't that fancy, but Warbler is somewhat cheaper) and b) has a significant amount of vegetarian choices. I have enjoyed the pastas I have had there.

One other thing that I noted the times I have been there, and it may have been the time of the evening or it may have changed, but I thought it was much brighter than many restaurants. This isn't a bad thing; it's nice to be able to easily see your menu, but it just was noticeable, especially in comparison with Gather.
  • Post #4 - October 4th, 2018, 11:40 am
    Post #4 - October 4th, 2018, 11:40 am Post #4 - October 4th, 2018, 11:40 am
    I've been to Warbler a handful of times recently, as they're quite good at accommodating a new family with a newborn.

I must report that they have a fantastic burger. They're one of two places I've been to this year (the other being Black Birch in Kittery, Maine) that appear to be trying to replicate the Big Mac with much better ingredients. Two thin patties, American cheese (I think... and which normally I would turn my nose up at), flawless bun to burger ratio, and a perfect replication of McDonalds style fries. I swear I mean this as a compliment!

I also really like their cauliflower dish.
  • Post #5 - January 11th, 2019, 2:15 pm
    Post #5 - January 11th, 2019, 2:15 pm Post #5 - January 11th, 2019, 2:15 pm
    I had an outstanding meal at the Warbler recently, which included the following dishes.

Apple Panzanella
    Honeycrisp/Sourdough/Persimmon/ Roasted Squash/Toasted Pecan/Cheddar/Apple Cider Vinaigrette

Crispy Cauliflower
    Ponzu Glaze/Roasted Cashew/Sesame Seeds/Cilantro & Pickled Red Onion

Eggplant
    Creamy Buckwheat/Shaved Jalapeño/Bean Sprouts/Thai Basil/Grilled Lettuce

Roasted Mushroom Flatbread
    Emmental & Provolone Cheese/Roasted Shallot/ Soubise/Truffle

Pumpkin Farrotto
    Roasted Pumpkin/Banana Chips/Pumpkin Purée/Banana Mole/Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

I thought all of them were interesting, complex, sometimes surprising, and all tasted great. I'm looking forward to a return visit.
  • Post #6 - January 12th, 2019, 10:15 am
    Post #6 - January 12th, 2019, 10:15 am Post #6 - January 12th, 2019, 10:15 am
    The Warbler runs a fantastic deal they call Supper Club.
    Quoting from their website:

"Join us from 4:30-6:00pm Monday-Friday for a family-style supper club!

For $25/person, your table can choose a selection of six dishes from our regular dinner offering including one salad, two appetizers or vegetables, two flatbreads or pastas and any one of our decadent desserts. The culinary team will portion the dishes based on the number of guests in your party to ensure that all get enough to eat."

I have enjoyed this deal and it is a great way to try a significant number of their dishes which are paced and portioned perfectly.

Be forewarned that the cocktails are delicious and one may be swayed to change a great deal into a pricier evening!
    Senorita P.
  • Post #7 - March 25th, 2023, 9:26 pm
    Post #7 - March 25th, 2023, 9:26 pm Post #7 - March 25th, 2023, 9:26 pm
    Before I get to the Warbler…

Tonight we “rented” our kid out to her friends family. Apparently Audrey has acquired a reputation for being an adventurous eater and they were hoping her influence would rub off (so proud!). Off they went tonight to Tava in Morton Grove. The friend tried butter chicken and that was a huge win. Yay! Mango Lassi’s enjoyed by all.

..SO, off we went for a “date night” to Warbler. I found the space very comfortable and the service affable. We shared the mussels to start. Excellent coconut curry broth with a generous amount of toasted bread for soaking it up. Jonathan really enjoyed the burger/fries. My mushroom flatbread was perfectly executed and I have half for lunch tomorrow. Very reasonably priced. This is the kind of neighborhood place I wish my neighborhood had.
  • Post #8 - March 26th, 2023, 6:49 am
    Post #8 - March 26th, 2023, 6:49 am Post #8 - March 26th, 2023, 6:49 am
    I've been to the Warbler twice for their supper club pricing. I've found it a great deal and place for an affordable way to try dishes without needing the normal ordering power. I can liken it to the value of the Anteprima pre-fixe. Great service each visit; early dinner time may help. Haven't had a bad dish. Can get loud in front room. Not destination worthy but a nice night out.
    Mon - Fri 4:30-6:00pm family-style supper club. $27/pp. Five dishes from menu: one salad, any two appetizers, vegetable dishes or house made pastas and flatbread. Finish with dessert.
    "And if you don't know, now you know." -BIG

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more