LTH Home

Pan de coca recipe?

Pan de coca recipe?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pan de coca recipe?

Post #1 - December 5th, 2018, 1:35 pm
    Post #1 - December 5th, 2018, 1:35 pm Post #1 - December 5th, 2018, 1:35 pm
    So after getting back from Spain, I have to say I love their breads. Crisp-crusted rolls, baguettes, and especially pan de coca, used sometimes as the base for tapas but more frequently for pa amb tomaquet - drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with tomato pulp. All the recipes I see online are for a pizza crust-like flatbread, but what we had was a small loaf split open with nooks and crannies that would embarrass an english muffin.

Any suggestions?
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - December 6th, 2018, 8:53 am
    Post #2 - December 6th, 2018, 8:53 am Post #2 - December 6th, 2018, 8:53 am
    Not a recipe, but maybe a source. Do these look right? La Tienda also has Jose Andres' potato chips, which, really, are the best.
  • Post #3 - December 6th, 2018, 9:13 am
    Post #3 - December 6th, 2018, 9:13 am Post #3 - December 6th, 2018, 9:13 am
    If my memory serves, Antonius had a major post (and thread) on precisely this many years ago. You may want to check the archives.
    Gypsy Boy

"I am not a glutton--I am an explorer of food." (Erma Bombeck)
  • Post #4 - December 6th, 2018, 9:31 am
    Post #4 - December 6th, 2018, 9:31 am Post #4 - December 6th, 2018, 9:31 am
    Gypsy Boy wrote:If my memory serves, Antonius had a major post (and thread) on precisely this many years ago. You may want to check the archives.

Here is a link to a index of his recipes Antonius kindly complied. A gem of a link, thanks Antonius, hope you are doing well.
    ------> Link
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #5 - December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am
    Post #5 - December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am Post #5 - December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am
    G Wiv wrote:
    Gypsy Boy wrote:If my memory serves, Antonius had a major post (and thread) on precisely this many years ago. You may want to check the archives.

Here is a link to a index of his recipes Antonius kindly complied. A gem of a link, thanks Antonius, hope you are doing well.
    ------> Link

Sadly, the first step of the pa amb tomaquet on that recipe index is to get good bread :(
    And the "excellent resource dedicated" to the subject of pa amb tomaquet now links to a site on blockchain.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #6 - December 8th, 2018, 11:56 am
    Post #6 - December 8th, 2018, 11:56 am Post #6 - December 8th, 2018, 11:56 am
    Maybe this?
    https://simplespanishfood.typepad.com/s ... e-pan.html
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #7 - December 8th, 2018, 7:10 pm
    Post #7 - December 8th, 2018, 7:10 pm Post #7 - December 8th, 2018, 7:10 pm
    Vera called it 'pan con tomate' no? THE BEST. I miss that place like no other in Chicago (native since 1969).
    Reading is a right. Censorship is not.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more