LTH Home

You know you're an LTHer when . . .

You know you're an LTHer when . . .
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 17 of 17 
  • Post #481 - October 24th, 2014, 8:57 pm
    Post #481 - October 24th, 2014, 8:57 pm Post #481 - October 24th, 2014, 8:57 pm
    Independent George wrote:
    pairs4life wrote:You grumble about having to order a couche, a lame, and diastatic malt powder, while doing it anyway, to try a recipe. http://instagram.com/p/uS_2_4FyR7/

Did anyone else have the same experience while reading the September/October issue of Cook's Illustrated for the Authentic baguette? The old baguette recipe appears to have disappeared from their website. It had no special ingredients and you can see from the above link it was brown and had an audible crunch to the exterior.

How about you read an internet post that mentions a couche, lame, and diastatic malt powder in the same sentence, and you immediately recognize exactly what it's being used for.

Everything has been delivered except the lame. :evil:
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #482 - September 1st, 2018, 8:26 pm
    Post #482 - September 1st, 2018, 8:26 pm Post #482 - September 1st, 2018, 8:26 pm
    . . . you see an email that was diverted to your spam box from the @qq.com domain and get pissed because you initially think you were being wrongly deprived of an email from someone at bbq.com :?

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #483 - September 2nd, 2018, 9:41 am
    Post #483 - September 2nd, 2018, 9:41 am Post #483 - September 2nd, 2018, 9:41 am
    ^^^^^...when you woulda been pissed off, too.

Geo
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)
  • Post #484 - May 16th, 2019, 6:00 pm
    Post #484 - May 16th, 2019, 6:00 pm Post #484 - May 16th, 2019, 6:00 pm
    Hi,

Tomorrow, I will be in Rockford. Several times I have tried to visit 15th and Chris with no luck.

I just telephoned:
    - "Will you be open tomorrow?"
    - "Of course, why wouldn't we?"
    - "I was there about a year ago on a Friday and you were closed."
    - "Oh, we were probably getting ready for the market, but it is not yet open."
    - "What are your hours tomorrow?"
    - "Until 8 PM."
    - "Great! I will see you tomorrow."

I just did not want to be disappointed again.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more