LTH Home

Anybody familiar with Zaycon foods?

Anybody familiar with Zaycon foods?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Anybody familiar with Zaycon foods?

Post #1 - February 14th, 2012, 5:29 pm
    Post #1 - February 14th, 2012, 5:29 pm Post #1 - February 14th, 2012, 5:29 pm
    Hi- One of the coupon sites that I visit called mashupmom.com has a post about Zaycon foods. Has anybody ever ordered any meat from them? Apparently they are particularly known for their boneless skinless chicken breast, but they also sell ground beef and hickory smoked bacon. The bacon comes in 30 pound packages for $2.99 a pound. This is not organic or certified free range chicken, but it is acquired from local sources, and it is natural, with no added fillers, etc. Take that for what ever you want. They are doing deliveries to Bolingbrook, Joliet, Gurnee, and Schaumburg later this month. The chicken is never frozen, and you must purchase a 40 pound box of it at a time.

Rachel at mashupmom bought a box of this chicken back in November, and said it was way better than generic store bought, and most factory farmed chicken. The prices are really good, but you have to buy 40 pounds of chicken at one time.

Here is a link to their site.
    https://secure.zayconfoods.com/events

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased from them. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #2 - February 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm
    Post #2 - February 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm Post #2 - February 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm
    Hi- I am bumping this up again. Has anybody ever bought any chicken from these folks?

BTW- Whole Foods is putting their whole organic chicken on sale this Friday only, 2/17 for $1.99 a pound, which is a really good sale. Thanks, Nancy
  • Post #3 - March 19th, 2012, 1:05 pm
    Post #3 - March 19th, 2012, 1:05 pm Post #3 - March 19th, 2012, 1:05 pm
    Yes! I have ordered from Zaycon 4 times now. I was introduced to them when I lived in WA. I was thrilled to learn they went nationwide! I really enjoy their chicken, and for the price you honestly cannot beat it. We keep the full 40 lbs, and just have to plan for spending 2-3 hours cutting it up, weighing it, and placing it into 1 or 1.5 lb freezer bags. It also helps to have a chest freezer that you can store all the chicken in.
  • Post #4 - January 12th, 2018, 5:53 pm
    Post #4 - January 12th, 2018, 5:53 pm Post #4 - January 12th, 2018, 5:53 pm
    Hi- I am bumping this up. Rachael over at mashupmom is really big on zaycon fresh. She orders b/s chicken breast from them, and I know she has also ordered bacon from them and a few other things. This is one of those deals where you order on their site, and then a few weeks later you pick it up at one of their designated pickup locations. You do have to order 40 pounds of chicken though at a time, and even though Rachael is really happy with their chicken, I am sure it is all factory farmed though, which I try to avoid. ATK really loves air chilled chicken, which I am sure this is not. I don't have anywhere near enough freezer space to store 40 pounds of chicken anyway.

Right now for new customers only they have a deal where when you order 40 pounds of b/s chicken breast, you can get it for $.99 a pound. The deal is good until some time in March, but it is for new customers only. You go to their website zayconfresh.com and enter in the code 99CENTS to get it for that price. Last time I posted asking about zaycon, I only got one response from somebody who loved the chicken. That was the only post the person ever made though, and so I don't know if her post was sincere since she hasn't visited this forum since she did that post. Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #5 - June 27th, 2018, 2:20 pm
    Post #5 - June 27th, 2018, 2:20 pm Post #5 - June 27th, 2018, 2:20 pm
    It is with deep regret that we inform you that as of June 25th, we are suspending business operations.
    Zaycon Fresh has put forth monumental efforts to endure recent challenges but conditions are such that this suspension is necessary.

Updates will be forthcoming as we are able to provide them.

Thank You

If you prepaid you might want to contact your bank or credit card company.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more