LTH Home

Enso Sushi & Bar

Enso Sushi & Bar
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Enso Sushi & Bar

Post #1 - February 12th, 2013, 2:12 pm
    Post #1 - February 12th, 2013, 2:12 pm Post #1 - February 12th, 2013, 2:12 pm
    I recently found out about this web forum so my post is a "better late than never." My name is Vassaly and I am the manager at Enso Sushi & Bar. Upon reading through the posts and topics, I wanted to introduce myself and the restaurant for anyone seeking something new in the Wicker Park/Bucktown neighborhood. I strive to find out how we can best fit in to the developing neighborhood and see that most people like to eat at BYOB sushi joints. We are one of few sushi places that offers a very carefully chosen drink menu, ranging from premium sakes served in a variety of ways other than over-heated potent hot sake, simple and seasonal cocktails all priced under $10 and a wine list that is meant to compliment our food rather than just being a list of 'cost-friendly' choices.

I do a lot of research in finding the best of the best but am always looking for input and suggestions. But it is very hard to do so without the help of people like those who post on here. We have house-made ramen noodles, steamed slider-buns and great portions on sushi. We are also one of the only sushi restaurants in the Six Corners neighborhood open for lunch.

If you are looking for something different to try, stop by at:

1613 N Damen Ave
    Chicago, IL 60647
    P: 773-878-8998

We are in the process of getting a sign (awaiting the long process of City of Chicago approval for a sign permit) so look for the long windows with black "Enso" stickers on them, next door to Caribou Coffee.

Thanks and I hope to meet some new faces!
  • Post #2 - February 12th, 2013, 3:24 pm
    Post #2 - February 12th, 2013, 3:24 pm Post #2 - February 12th, 2013, 3:24 pm
    Thanks for the post, I am thinking you are in the old Coast space. I looked up your menu to see what exactly is different than the other sushi places. And, I have to say, I am liking that you stick to Japanese food, and aren't all over the place like the other sushi places nearby. It also is worth noting you deliver. Also, I only saw on your menu one "ramen of the day". Do you have different types?
    In case anyone wants to look you up:
    www.ensochicago.com
  • Post #3 - February 12th, 2013, 5:27 pm
    Post #3 - February 12th, 2013, 5:27 pm Post #3 - February 12th, 2013, 5:27 pm
    thanks for introducing yourself , vassaly. i'm interested in knowing if your restaurant is following sustainable seasfood guidelines when choosing the fish you sell, as this is important to me. thank you, justjoan
  • Post #4 - February 13th, 2013, 1:55 pm
    Post #4 - February 13th, 2013, 1:55 pm Post #4 - February 13th, 2013, 1:55 pm
    nicinchic wrote:Thanks for the post, I am thinking you are in the old Coast space...
    http://www.ensochicago.com

They are much further south than Coast, it is a new construction building not very far north of North Ave - there used to be a parking lot there.
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #5 - March 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm
    Post #5 - March 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm Post #5 - March 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm
    Hello.

@justjoan We try our best to get fish from sustainable environments. We do use a few local farms who practice sustainable farming just outside of Chicago for some of our produce and chickens.

@nicinchic Our menu will be updated very soon. We change out our ingredients based on season, availability and quality. We also have 2 ramen choices now for dinner: crispy pork belly in a spicy miso broth and seared duck breast in a sweet soy broth. We are also featuring a tonkatsu ramen this week to test out our recipe before launching it on the Spring menu.

We are located across the street from the Walgreens on Damen, next to Caribou Coffee and the A T & T store.
  • Post #6 - March 6th, 2013, 8:58 am
    Post #6 - March 6th, 2013, 8:58 am Post #6 - March 6th, 2013, 8:58 am
    We are also featuring a tonkatsu ramen this week to test out our recipe before launching it on the Spring men

thanks for your response vassaly. i believe you mean to say tonkotsu ramen, as tonkatsu is breaded pork cutlet and isn't
    normally found in ramen. i look forward to eating at enso's.
  • Post #7 - March 6th, 2013, 4:26 pm
    Post #7 - March 6th, 2013, 4:26 pm Post #7 - March 6th, 2013, 4:26 pm
    Yes I meant tonkotsu. Thanks for clarifying. Just so everyone knows we have a strong Japanese influence but we are not a traditional Japanese restaurant. Most of our menu is sushi and we have more small plates and appetizers to accompany the sushi.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more