LTH Home

Jezzie Pearl's in the Lawndale area

Jezzie Pearl's in the Lawndale area
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Jezzie Pearl's in the Lawndale area

Post #1 - February 17th, 2010, 9:53 pm
    Post #1 - February 17th, 2010, 9:53 pm Post #1 - February 17th, 2010, 9:53 pm
    This is neither opening, closing, nor coming. I guess it's a threatened "going". A humble but solid sandwich shop that chose a tough economic moment and a still tougher neighborhood.

Jezzie Pearl's, in Lawndale on Cermak west of Pulaski, isn't a destination, even in the sense of Cemitas Puebla. But it's a solid little place that offers generous portions of quality meat on sandwiches that are otherwise Subway-like. The guys who run it are friendly Crane H.S. grads proud of alum Sherron Collins, who is the point guard for #1 ranked Kansas, so there's your entry to conversation, if you want it.

I wouldn't tell you to drive to Lawndale just to visit Jezzie Pearl's -- It deserves a mention here, because if something brings you to West Lawndale, or to the east side of Cicero, Jezzie Pearl's should be on your radar. This place deserves to survive.

And Thursday is corned beef day!

Jezzie Pearl's
    4207 W. Cermak
    Chicago
  • Post #2 - February 18th, 2010, 1:16 am
    Post #2 - February 18th, 2010, 1:16 am Post #2 - February 18th, 2010, 1:16 am
    Hi,

My compliments on going off the beaten track to find great food.

There are quite a few synagogues converted to baptist churches around there. I never saw so many shaved ice vendors as I did a few summers ago. Pigmon and Rene G have a hot dog stand they like around there. Hopefully one of them will pipe up with their thoughts.

If I were in Chicago tomorrow, I would go for the corned beef.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more