LTH Home

little frank's pizza

little frank's pizza
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • little frank's pizza

Post #1 - November 26th, 2009, 9:56 am
    Post #1 - November 26th, 2009, 9:56 am Post #1 - November 26th, 2009, 9:56 am
    had a 17" pizza from little franks last night . all sausage, 1/2 onion & mushrooms. great thin pizza crsipy crust . has been there since 70's that
    i know of? frank's place is bar next door you can eat there. barber shop in corner of building.

little frank's pizza
    6355 w 79 st
    burbank,il
    708-598-8660
    philw bbq cbj for kcbs &M.I.M. carolina pit masters
  • Post #2 - December 1st, 2009, 8:25 pm
    Post #2 - December 1st, 2009, 8:25 pm Post #2 - December 1st, 2009, 8:25 pm
    with a wekend of bbq coming up figured better get my pizza fix in for the week , had to get a little franks. great pie
  • Post #3 - April 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm
    Post #3 - April 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm Post #3 - April 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm
    had a craving for little franks tonight
    got sausage,msrooms,garlic,
    just great :mrgreen:
  • Post #4 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:26 am
    Post #4 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:26 am Post #4 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:26 am
    Pizza, brew and a hair cut man this joint has it all... :lol:
    Whats the crust like on the pies....thin, thick or stuffed??
  • Post #5 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:35 am
    Post #5 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:35 am Post #5 - April 3rd, 2010, 10:35 am
    thin . crispy
    great sauce
  • Post #6 - April 21st, 2010, 5:47 pm
    Post #6 - April 21st, 2010, 5:47 pm Post #6 - April 21st, 2010, 5:47 pm
    Made it over to Little Franks last week only after a heavy dinner from Freddy's in Cicero. I was with two other buddies and we werent starving but wanted to try a pizza from here since that was the original plan. We made our way over and before getting in the parking lot I spied a Hawaiian shaved ice spot that I made a mental note of that was right around the corner from the pizzeria/bar/barber shop trio.

Little Frank's

We went with a large thin sausage pizza and told the people at the SRO area where you make your orders to go or for Frank's bar next door that we'd eat it at the bar and watch a little baseball while we waited. It already started right with the fact their special was a large pizza and pitcher of beer (the usual cheap ones of USA) for $12, still you cant beat that. It took about 20 mins and then the bartender brought us out the pizza.

Large sausage pie

It came out piping hot so we gave it a good five minutes before we digged in. The pie wasn't as thin as Marie's or Pat's and other spots like that but still thin. It reminded me of Rosangela's on 95th in Evergreen Park more than anything with the sausage being very good and the best part of it. A good pizza to have if your at the bar next door and for anyone from the neighborhood to have as their go to pizza place. I enjoyed the pie and the leftovers were really good at room temp later on that night.

sideshot

piece of pizza from Little Franks

The best part of the meal wasnt even ordered and came from a stereotypical Harley riding Vet. He had the beard and bikers outfit as your picturing in your head right now along with the Veteran baseball cap. He was a regular at the bar named Gordo who stopped by to tell a few jokes, that were pretty damn funny, and to offer us up some of his homemade super spicy peanut brittle. It was a wonderful treat that went from sweet to super hot and then back to sweet. He was a really nice and also funny dude and even gave us a bagful that he insisted we take upon leaving. All he asked was that we come on back. That I will next time I'm in the area.

Gordo's super spicy peanut brittle

My mouth was feeling the heat from the brittle and I went around the corner to check out the Hawaiian shaved Ice spot and see what was up. It wasnt anything super special but did the trick of cooling down my steaming mouth and I still quite enjoyed it since I have always loved shaved ice. Thanks for the tip philw.

cantaloupe/watermelon Ice

Little Franks Pizzeria
    6355 West 79th Street
    Burbank, IL 60459-1149
    (708) 598-8660

Tropical Sno
    7905 Narragansett Avenue
    Burbank, IL 60459-1807
    (708) 430-8604

Contact

About

Team