LTH Home

Landmark - Mixology Finals - [Past Event]

Landmark - Mixology Finals - [Past Event]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Landmark - Mixology Finals - [Past Event]

Post #1 - November 11th, 2009, 11:58 am
    Post #1 - November 11th, 2009, 11:58 am Post #1 - November 11th, 2009, 11:58 am
    LTH,

Benjamin Schiller (Boka) and Zach Friedlander (Relax Lounge) compete from an original field of 16 for mixology honors and a chance to win $500 in the final round of a cocktail competition.

Starts at 6:30, no charge, includes 2 drinks, one from each mixologist, and appetizers.

Judges will include yours truly, Amanda Puck, Audarshia Townsend and Chris LaMorte.

Tonight, Wednesday, 9.11.09
    6:30 - 8:30
    Landmark
    1633 N. Halsted St.
    Chicago, IL 60614
    312-587-1600

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2 - November 12th, 2009, 12:16 am
    Post #2 - November 12th, 2009, 12:16 am Post #2 - November 12th, 2009, 12:16 am
    Here Come 'da Judge!

I stopped by the Landmark (after a visit to Big Star) and snapped this photo before getting out of that place as fast as I could - once I figured-out the homesteaders wouldn't let me near the bar. Had I made it as far as the bar, the slow pour bartenders would have put me to sleep waiting for one of their concoctions. Gary was nicely intensive with fellow judges analyzing the alcoholic beverages - and was the most impressive-looking of the lot. 8)
  • Post #3 - November 12th, 2009, 5:30 pm
    Post #3 - November 12th, 2009, 5:30 pm Post #3 - November 12th, 2009, 5:30 pm
    LTH,

A fun and very crowded event, free drinks tend to build enthusiasm. Ben Shiller of Boka, and soon to take on additional duties, as per the 312 Dining Diva, of the beverage program at The Drunken Goat, Stephanie Izard's new restaurant, was the winner by a swizzle stick.

Friedlander' Autumnal Fire -
    Corzo anejo, Chrysanthemum honey liqueur, Yuzu sour, an egg white and garnished with sugar glazed and cinnamon dusted apple chips

Schiller's Autumn Air -
    Bacardi eight-year rum, homemade heirloom apple, autumn spice liqueur, lime and bitters with a walnut emulsion

In addition to the vivacious 312 Dining Diva it was a pleasure to chat with Chris LaMorte of UrbanDaddy and Amanda Puck of XA, The Experiential Agency

Thanks for posting the picture Bill.

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles