LTH Home

Page-to-page navigation within multipage thread

Page-to-page navigation within multipage thread
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Page-to-page navigation within multipage thread

Post #1 - January 23rd, 2016, 9:47 am
    Post #1 - January 23rd, 2016, 9:47 am Post #1 - January 23rd, 2016, 9:47 am
    Thanks for all the work on the redesign.

Regarding page-to-page navigation within a multipage thread, when one uses the left-pointing "Previous" page triangle icon, it takes you to the top of the previous page.

If possible I would like to have it go to the bottom of the previous page, because if one is paging backward, the posts at the bottom of the previous page are chronologically closer to the current page.

When selecting the page numbers or using the right-pointing "Next" page triangle icon, those links take you to the top of that page, which makes sense when paging forward.

The "Previous" page triangle icon behavior was present in the old forum, so it isn't an issue that popped up in the new forum, but rather more of a general navigation issue.

--
    edc
  • Post #2 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am
    Post #2 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am Post #2 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am
    edc wrote:Thanks for all the work on the redesign.

Regarding page-to-page navigation within a multipage thread, when one uses the left-pointing "Previous" page triangle icon, it takes you to the top of the previous page.

If possible I would like to have it go to the bottom of the previous page, because if one is paging backward, the posts at the bottom of the previous page are chronologically closer to the current page.

When selecting the page numbers or using the right-pointing "Next" page triangle icon, those links take you to the top of that page, which makes sense when paging forward.

The "Previous" page triangle icon behavior was present in the old forum, so it isn't an issue that popped up in the new forum, but rather more of a general navigation issue.

--
    edc

Wow...that's an interesting idea. I'll put it on my list of things to consider/address.
  • Post #3 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am
    Post #3 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am Post #3 - January 23rd, 2016, 10:18 am
    edc wrote:If possible I would like to have it go to the bottom of the previous page, because if one is paging backward, the posts at the bottom of the previous page are chronologically closer to the current page.

Wow...that's an interesting idea. I'll put it on my list of things to consider/address.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more