LTH Home

Request for PYO Apple Orchards recomendations

Request for PYO Apple Orchards recomendations
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Request for PYO Apple Orchards recomendations

- October 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm
    - October 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm Post #1 - October 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm
    (First apology for the lateness of the post for the season. Please call ahead for apple availability. Second apology for this should probably go in the "Beyond Chicago" category, but I'm trying to maintain some measure of cohesion.)

Sunday, Oct 1st, we returned for apple picking at Apple Holler for the third year in a row -- they must be doing something right. We were honored to be accompanied by the grandparents and my sisters family and a good time was had by all. We arrived at 11:00, the crowd was even larger than the previous years, and immediately put our name on the list for lunch to start at 12:00. The grands hovered near the restaurant to make sure our position was preserved while we took the kids on the blow-up jumpy thing, corn maze, pony rides, etc. We were seated at 12:15.

VI has described the place very well here. I will only add that this year, the salad portion was gone -- replaced with better hot foods like turkey and ham. An interesting beverage was apple punch: apple juice, orange juice, and a splash of Sprite. For desert the apple pie was devine. Later we enjoyed the taffy apple bar, where I refraned from, after much debate, plunging my face into the tray of melted caramel.

Well, we're still gorging on apples today, and I bet we return next year.

-ramon

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more