LTH Home

Urban Garden?

Urban Garden?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Urban Garden?

- April 27th, 2008, 8:22 pm
    - April 27th, 2008, 8:22 pm Post #1 - April 27th, 2008, 8:22 pm
    The GF and I went out to buy some herbs and seedlings today. We first went to City Escape on W Lake just west of Sacramento. Very nice garden center, but I would call it the "Fox & Obel of garden centers" since it's got great stuff in a new 16,000 sq ft lot, but not the cheapest by a long shot. They had a good assortment of trees, perennials, annuals, herbs and only 2-3 types of tomatoes so far (big boy and early girl I saw). Tons of pots, fountains, etc and all your good Felco, Dramm and Oxo accessories.

We then went to Adams & Sons on California, north of Augusta. WAY less expensive (CE had herbs and tomatoes for $5, and A&S was about 1/2 that), a great assortment of the above-mentioned plants in a much more modest corner lot. Very nice selection of tomatoes for this early, and the terra cotta pots were pretty dang cheap.

The staff at both places were very nice, so we have two spots in our neighborhood to go to depending on what we are looking for.

www.cityescape.net

Adams & Sons
    1057 N California Ave
    (773) 235-0991
    Daily 9am to 6pm
    - Mark

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon? Ham? Pork chops?
    Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
    Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more