LTH Home

Renewals 2018

Renewals 2018
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - March 7th, 2018, 10:17 am
    Post #31 - March 7th, 2018, 10:17 am Post #31 - March 7th, 2018, 10:17 am
    I guess I’m not sure how the process will work going forward. Will we see nominations as they come in and have the chance to comment?
  • Post #32 - March 7th, 2018, 11:55 am
    Post #32 - March 7th, 2018, 11:55 am Post #32 - March 7th, 2018, 11:55 am
    Currently we are seeking input on how to update the GNR list. I posted a preliminary list to get the conversation started. I was originally planning to end discussion this week but since so many have chimed in, I am leaning towards extending a little longer. I definitely welcome any further opinions.

Once the discussion had ended, the GNR committee will review the discussion and make a decision on how to update the list.
  • Post #33 - March 7th, 2018, 11:58 am
    Post #33 - March 7th, 2018, 11:58 am Post #33 - March 7th, 2018, 11:58 am
    leek wrote:
    turkob wrote:As for the use of the surveys, I think many are hesitant are to speak up, in particular if what they have to say is negative. If someone voted for "No Longer GNR", that is meaningful to me. Should that person have to write a post describing why they feel that way? Not in my opinion. I don't see this as sterile, rather I see it as a way to bring new voices into the conversation.

I wanted to see the data aggregated differently. I DO wonder if someone votes "No Longer GNR" and also votes that they haven't been there in a year - what are they basing that on?

I don't really want to scrutinize individual surveys since that's not the spirit of this exercise. I think the process has yielded the results I was expecting so I don't have much reason to question it. If people would like to see individual surveys posted in the future, then I would prefer to announce this in advance so people know when they are submitting surveys.
  • Post #34 - March 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm
    Post #34 - March 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm Post #34 - March 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm
    I apologize that I did not fill out a survey, I didn't see the process until it was a bit too late, as an illness for most of the last 1/3 of 2017 and then a bunch of travel once I got back to work kept me off of here until recently.

I appreciate the work put into this. I live out in SE DuPage, so I don't live a reasonable driving distance from many of the North Side GNRs.

Remove places with fewer than 5 votes for "Still a GNR". 11 total.
    I think these should be discussed, not summarily removed. I keep on trying to get to Cajun Connection and Rip's, but the timing with my relative in Peoria to meet there for lunch just keeps on failing. He assures me that Rip's is excellent, and I'm comfortable with that assessment.

The only one where I've been in the last two years has been the DG LSC. I finally gave up on it after three substandard meals in a row, starting around the time the Hu empire started to really expand before it imploded. I would be supportive of its removal, but understanding if others felt it should stay.

Discuss places with 5-9 votes for "Still a GNR" with at least one vote for "No Longer Great". 13 total.
    I've never been to most of them ever, and a couple were 3-4 years ago. So obviously, I have no opinion here.

New Ownership
    I think that in general, places with new ownership should somehow be formally re-reviewed, preferably with a board outing. Of course, that's easy for me to say...

Once again, thank you for restarting the program and reapplying some focus on the past award winners.
    "Fried chicken should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more