LTH Home

Soup to Nuts thru December 14

Soup to Nuts thru December 14
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Soup to Nuts thru December 14

Post #1 - November 18th, 2004, 2:50 pm
    Post #1 - November 18th, 2004, 2:50 pm Post #1 - November 18th, 2004, 2:50 pm
    On my way through Wisconsin last Sunday, I happend upon the WPR show TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE turns out they are running a program on food conversations....but you can download them from the website at Soup to Nuts

Later this fall To The Best of Our Knowledge will present a scrumptious six-part series on food. "From Soup to Nuts: Fourteen Conversations About Good Food" will feature some of the world's top chefs and food writers who are eager to celebrate the pleasures of the table with public radio listeners.
    Last edited by pdaane on November 19th, 2004, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Unchain your lunch money!
  • Post #2 - November 19th, 2004, 8:19 am
    Post #2 - November 19th, 2004, 8:19 am Post #2 - November 19th, 2004, 8:19 am
    Hi,

This is great! I love streaming audio from the internet. Especially archived, when I can listen when I have time.

I often to listen to radio programs from around the country on live streaming audio. In NYC, they had Arthur Schwartz do a daily one hour food show at midday. He often had interesting cookbook authors visiting. Unfortunately it has left the air.

A benefit, at least for now, streaming audio from the radio eliminates many of the advertisements. This benefit may be short lived as union talent fees are renegotiated. Until then it means there is a silence or filler music, which is easy to ignore.

Thanks for this posting.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - November 19th, 2004, 9:40 am
    Post #3 - November 19th, 2004, 9:40 am Post #3 - November 19th, 2004, 9:40 am
    This is well worth listening to, too, and no it's not Terry Gross's interview with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (though that is sui generis). It's about a WPA project to document regional food folkways that's basically been sitting in a file cabinet all these years.
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #4 - November 19th, 2004, 10:57 am
    Post #4 - November 19th, 2004, 10:57 am Post #4 - November 19th, 2004, 10:57 am
    Mike G wrote:no it's not Terry Gross's interview with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (though that is sui generis).

That was one of the greatest radio interviews of all time! I had no idea that Terry Gross had a sense of humor (or did she think Triumph was a real dog?).
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #5 - November 21st, 2004, 1:00 pm
    Post #5 - November 21st, 2004, 1:00 pm Post #5 - November 21st, 2004, 1:00 pm
    Hi,

ON the link Mike G provided, one of the people interview is John T. Edge whom I know from Culinary Historians and Southern Foodways Conference.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more