LTH Home

Chocolate, October 6, 2018 @ 10 AM

Chocolate, October 6, 2018 @ 10 AM
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Chocolate, October 6, 2018 @ 10 AM

Post #1 - September 17th, 2018, 2:35 am
    Post #1 - September 17th, 2018, 2:35 am Post #1 - September 17th, 2018, 2:35 am
    Culinary Historians of Chicago Presents:

Cacao Catharsis
    Spreading Joy Through Chocolate

Presented by Ramona Thomas,
    Chief Sweets Officer, My Chocolate Soul
    MyChocolateSoul.com

Saturday, October 6, 2018
    10 a.m. to noon
    At Louis Weiss Memorial Hospital (Auditorium, lower level)
    4646 N. Marine Drive (at Wilson), Chicago

FREE PARKING: USE OPEN LOT ON SOUTH SIDE OF HOSPITAL
    (Signs will say “Permit Parking” and “Doctor’s Lot” but it’s OKAY for YOU to use on this Saturday!)
    FREE STREET PARKING ALSO
    PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: CTA BUS #146 STOPS

“I love candy. Always have. Now, I get to make chocolate that other people love” says Chocolatier Ramona Thomas of My Chocolate Soul. Join us as Chef Ramona shares her journey from mathematics and education to chocolate and why starting and running an all-natural sweets business is so important to her and to the dessert industry. She will also talk about chocolate’s luscious history, chocolate making, industry trends, and why artisan chocolate is so popular. Ramona will also share her experiences as an entrepreneur and what she does to stand out among her competitors. As a finale, Ramona will have samples of her delectable chocolates.

Biography: My Chocolate Soul grew out of Ramona Thomas' love of baking and sweets, especially chocolate. Although she had baked for many years, the initial idea for starting the business came after taking an introduction to French pastries course at the French Pastry School in Chicago. Before transitioning to the dessert industry and founding the company, Ramona had an entrepreneurial career in education and philanthropy for 18 years. She holds a B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Brown University and a Ph.D. in Higher Education from the University of Pennsylvania. But Ramona felt so at home in a commercial kitchen that she began thinking about how she could spend more time in one doing what she really loved. Ramona is a graduate (with honors) of Ecole Chocolat’s Professional School of Chocolate Arts Professional Chocolatier Program. She also completed Barry Callebaut Chocolate Academy’s program for professional chocolatiers, and continuing education courses at the French Pastry School and Barry Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Chicago. My Chocolate Soul is located at 4442 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640.

Cost of the lecture program is $5, $3 for students and no charge for CHC members.
    To reserve, please e-mail your reservation: Culinary.Historians@gmail.com

http://www.culinaryHistorians.org
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #2 - October 26th, 2018, 10:32 pm
    Post #2 - October 26th, 2018, 10:32 pm Post #2 - October 26th, 2018, 10:32 pm
    Podcast
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more