LTH Home

Small Household Food Exchange @ Chiya Chai, Tue. 1/9 at 7pm

Small Household Food Exchange @ Chiya Chai, Tue. 1/9 at 7pm
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - January 10th, 2018, 11:20 pm
    Post #31 - January 10th, 2018, 11:20 pm Post #31 - January 10th, 2018, 11:20 pm
    Food Nut wrote:Would anyone consider exchanging at soup and bread on February 21? I can give you soup to go! :)

There will be a doodle set up for people to announce their availability. If they all decide on the 21st, it will be at soup and bread. Otherwise we plan to meet at the Burmese restaurant on Devon Ave.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #32 - January 11th, 2018, 1:23 am
    Post #32 - January 11th, 2018, 1:23 am Post #32 - January 11th, 2018, 1:23 am
    Chiya Chai was a surprisingly good choice for our get-together. Although moetchandon, who spent some time in Nepal several years back, pronounced the food not especially authentic (for example, water buffalo, common in Nepal, wasn't on the menu). But it was all tasty. We had all four savory pies on the menu — Chicken Balti, Curried Kale and Potato, Masala Chicken, and Spicy Minced Pork.
    PieNepal.jpg All pies looked the same

We also had a variety of momos — Bison, Chicken and Pork.
    MomoNepal.jpg Momo — Nepalese for dumpling — all looked the same

Other Stuff:
    CauliflowerNepal.jpg Cauliflower, Peas & Potatoes
    ParathaNepal.jpg Garlic and Kale Paratha
    GoatNepal.jpg Goat (or is it lamb?)

Again, surprisingly good. Worthy of a repeat trip (with Hopewell Brewery two doors down the street).
  • Post #33 - January 18th, 2018, 10:16 am
    Post #33 - January 18th, 2018, 10:16 am Post #33 - January 18th, 2018, 10:16 am
    Hi,

I just put up a doodle for February. If I forgot a suggested date, let me know.

If people agree on February 21st, then it will be held at Soup & Bread. Otherwise, it will be at the Burmese restaurant on Devon Ave.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #34 - January 18th, 2018, 11:36 am
    Post #34 - January 18th, 2018, 11:36 am Post #34 - January 18th, 2018, 11:36 am
    I’ve posted with what I am pretty sure of now. Other dates are possible as we get closer. The only one I know we can’t do is the 21 st.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more