LTH Home

Vosges Exotic Holiday Tasting Soirée, November 15

Vosges Exotic Holiday Tasting Soirée, November 15
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Vosges Exotic Holiday Tasting Soirée, November 15

Post #1 - November 3rd, 2006, 4:57 pm
    Post #1 - November 3rd, 2006, 4:57 pm Post #1 - November 3rd, 2006, 4:57 pm
    I know that folks here have noted the vertiginous pricing of products from Vosges Haut-Chocolat, but when I read this postcard, I thought people would want to hear about this event anyway... I mean, applewood bacon?

Vosges Haut-Chocolat wrote:Give the Sparkle of sweet music
    Exotic Holiday Tasting Soirée
    launching our newest holiday collection

12 Musical Genres,
    12 Chocolate Truffles
    1 CD ... In a Word ...
    Groove

Join Vosges Haut-Chocolat for an exploration of musical genres and flavors ... smoked tobacco, applewood bacon, sweet churned butter and salt, champagne and gold leaf.

November 15, 2006
    6 to 9 pm
    951 W. Armitage
    773-296-9866
    rsvp: armitage@vosgeschocolate.com
    Joe G.

"Whatever may be wrong with the world, at least it has some good things to eat." -- Cowboy Jack Clement
  • Post #2 - November 7th, 2006, 2:09 pm
    Post #2 - November 7th, 2006, 2:09 pm Post #2 - November 7th, 2006, 2:09 pm
    So, I got an email follow-up for this event with considerably more detail about the new collection. I think maybe it is verging on the ridiculous, especially given the $75 price tag for twelve truffles and a CD... but in any case, I thought some folks might find it interesting, amusing, or other. (And don't get me started on the music taxonomy...)

Vosges Haut-Chocolat wrote:Introducing... The Groove Collection

Katrina, owner and chocolatier of Vosges Haut-Chocolat, has created one of the most innovative collections yet: The Groove Collection. She has always loved music and listens to her favorite inspirational tunes while she writes, cooks and creates. During her undergraduate years at Vanderbilt, Katrina wrote a paper in her American music class on how rock 'n' roll was inspired by the great gospel and blues artists.

Now, she has taken that information and turned it into a chocolate collection like no other. The Groove Collection is a multi-sensory approach to the culturally vital genres of music impacted by African Americans. Listen to each song spanning from field songs to rural blues to hip hop - twelve genres in total. Read the historical significance of each musical era. Taste a truffle that reflects a popular ingredient of that time (see flavors below.)

Groove Collection Box Set, $75

JOIN US for a GROOVE LAUNCH PARTY!
    If you or your friends can find your way to a Vosges Haut-Chocolat boutique next week, come dance to the beats of a DJ and taste the new truffles.

New York City, November 16, 6-9pm
    Chicago, Lincoln Park, November 15, 6-9pm
    Las Veags[sic], Forum Shops, November 15, 6-9pm
    See addresses and phone numbers for the stores along the bottom of this email.

Order the Groove Collection Here

The Gift of the Year: Groove Luxe Edition
    Click Here to Order the Groove Luxe Edition
    Give the Sparkle of Sweet Music
    The Groove Luxe Edition includes the same sensory journey as the Groove Collection but arrives in a sparkling, custom made, limited edition box. Each box twinkles with Swarovski crystals encased in a lucite box. Tucked below the twelve truffles, you discover a booklet chronicling the African American influence on music history and a CD to groove to as you bite.

Groove Luxe Edition, $275
    Groove Collection Box Set (shown above), $75

Groove Collection Flavors Include:
    Field Songs: yams+ maple syrup + grains of paradise
    Rural Blues: grits + brown sugar caramel + corn kernel
    Jazz: chicory coffee
    Blues: applewood smoked bacon
    Gospel: caramelized pecan praline
    Bebob[sic]: Middle Eastern sumac + fresh mint
    Rhythm & Blues: Jack Daniel's whiskey + sugar cane
    Soul & Motown: sweet butter ganache + Fleur du Sel salt
    Funk & Disco: buttermilk banana pudding + vanilla powder
    Rap: horseradish + lemon + praline + cocoa nibs
    Hip Hop: champagne + edible gold leaf

10% of profits from sales of the Groove Collection goes to Little Kids Rock which helps restore music education in our public schools. www.littlekidsrock.org

Can we get some LTH brainstorming on what flavors would represent truffles for other kinds of music? Here's one to start you off...

Heavy Metal: Jäegermeister and cigarette ashes
    (I just watched Decline of Western Civilization II this weekend :twisted: )
    Joe G.

"Whatever may be wrong with the world, at least it has some good things to eat." -- Cowboy Jack Clement

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more