LTH Home

Eat a Roach, Go to the Front of the Line!

Eat a Roach, Go to the Front of the Line!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Eat a Roach, Go to the Front of the Line!

Post #1 - October 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am
    Post #1 - October 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am Post #1 - October 2nd, 2006, 11:46 am
    SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA SEARCHES FOR DARING DINER TO BREAK COCKROACH-EATING WORLD RECORD

Courageous volunteers who opt to chow down on one of these creepy critters will be granted an instant place at the front of the line for some of Six Flags Great America’s most popular rides, haunted houses and attractions. Daring guests willing to eat their way to the front of the line will have to be quick! Cockroaches can run at a speed of three miles per hour. The nutritional benefit? Cockroaches are extremely low in fat and high in protein.

To introduce Six Flags Great America’s newest dining option, the park is actively recruiting park guests willing to attempt to break the current world record for most cockroaches eaten. In 2001, Ken Edwards of Derbyshire, England devoured 36 hissing Madagascar roaches in just a minute. Brave souls with a tough stomach are invited to attempt to defeat Edwards in front of a LIVE park audience on Friday the 13th at 7 p.m.

I'd give it a shot, but I have a prior engagement. Just can't be everywhere!

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #2 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm
    Post #2 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm Post #2 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm
    Cathy2, I have no doubt that you would beat that world record if you could attend. What a shame that you must miss the competition.

However, there must be someone else out there in LTH-Forumland that could take a shot at it. Any volunteers? I would happily go along as a cheering section, but, as a former New Yorker, my creed prevents me from competing. I'm OK with silkworm chrysalis, but I believe that to eat a cockroach would simply upset the balance of nature.
    Man : I can't understand how a poet like you can eat that stuff.
    T. S. Eliot: Ah, but you're not a poet.
  • Post #3 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:24 pm
    Post #3 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:24 pm Post #3 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:24 pm
    Josephine wrote:Cathy2, I have no doubt that you would beat that world record if you could attend. What a shame that you must miss the competition.

The problem for me is that the prize/reward (going to the head of the line at Great America) has no value to me.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #4 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm
    Post #4 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm Post #4 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm
    SteveZ wrote:The problem for me is that the prize/reward (going to the head of the line at Great America) has no value to me.

That is also an issue with me: I could care less about the prize, which is likely not transferable.

Regards,
    Last edited by Cathy2 on October 2nd, 2006, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #5 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm
    Post #5 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm Post #5 - October 2nd, 2006, 4:40 pm
    stevez wrote:The problem for me is that the prize/reward (going to the head of the line at Great America) has no value to me.

Good point stevez, but consider this: should you "lose" the contents of your cockroach-filled stomach after a ride on the roller coaster, there would be no shame in it.
    Man : I can't understand how a poet like you can eat that stuff.
    T. S. Eliot: Ah, but you're not a poet.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more