LTH Home

Supreme Court’s Junior Justice Has to Run the Cafeteria.

Supreme Court’s Junior Justice Has to Run the Cafeteria.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Supreme Court’s Junior Justice Has to Run the Cafeteria.

Post #1 - July 22nd, 2017, 5:49 am
    Post #1 - July 22nd, 2017, 5:49 am Post #1 - July 22nd, 2017, 5:49 am
    Justice Neil Gorsuch survived a Senate grilling to get his seat on the Supreme Court. Now, as the court’s most-junior member, he’s the chief justice of the grill. Tradition dictates that each newcomer to the nation’s highest tribunal must serve on the committee that oversees the court’s cafeteria, a 185-seat facility open to the public on the building’s ground floor. It isn’t a job that justices relish.

https://www.wsj.com/article_email/supre ... TEyNjEyWj/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #2 - July 29th, 2017, 2:19 pm
    Post #2 - July 29th, 2017, 2:19 pm Post #2 - July 29th, 2017, 2:19 pm
    Junior Justices are also responsible for taking notes at their meetings. I bet they are pleased whenever a new person is installed to alleviate all this extra responsibility.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - July 29th, 2017, 10:23 pm
    Post #3 - July 29th, 2017, 10:23 pm Post #3 - July 29th, 2017, 10:23 pm
    When I was in law school, the then-junior justice, Stephen Breyer, came to speak to one of our law school classes. In addition to having to help with the cafeteria and apparently take notes, if the door is knocked when the justices are in conference, the junior justice has to get up to answer the door. No word on whether they have to bring in donuts on Fridays as well (but I should have asked).
  • Post #4 - August 6th, 2017, 4:00 pm
    Post #4 - August 6th, 2017, 4:00 pm Post #4 - August 6th, 2017, 4:00 pm
    While I found the article amusing, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the Supreme Court cafeteria workers who saw their work product trashed in the Wall Street Journal by their former Supreme Court colleagues.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more