LTH Home

Sausage Pizza - and only sausage pizza - for a month

Sausage Pizza - and only sausage pizza - for a month
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 5 of 19
  • Post #121 - October 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm
    Post #121 - October 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm Post #121 - October 7th, 2009, 12:04 pm
    Jayz wrote:Ultimately this topic will cause many members to eat more pizza over a 30 span, I like it.


    Reading this thread made me get sausage pizza for lunch today! :D
    Fettuccine alfredo is mac and cheese for adults.
  • Post #122 - October 7th, 2009, 2:04 pm
    Post #122 - October 7th, 2009, 2:04 pm Post #122 - October 7th, 2009, 2:04 pm
    Blown Z wrote:
    Jayz wrote:Ultimately this topic will cause many members to eat more pizza over a 30 span, I like it.


    Reading this thread made me get sausage pizza for lunch today! :D

    Well, you weren't alone! :D

    But first, I should mention that breakfast was cold leftover pizza from Pizano's,

    For lunch, at the urging of one of our other partners, he did go 'off-road' a bit and ordered the Mexican Pizza from Jake's Pizza in Northbrook. Of course, in its standard issue, the Mexican doesn't come with sausage, so he ordered it with pepperoni . . .

    Image
    What's inside?


    Image
    Large, thin-crust 'Mexican' pizza from Jake's


    Image
    Like the surface of some far-away planet
    He said that this pizza was so bland and flavorless, he was actually grateful that he had to add the pepperoni to comply with the terms of the bet.


    Image
    The 4 middle pieces no one ever wants


    Image
    Day 7, baby!
    Apparently, eating nothing but pizza for 7 days has caused him to grow a 3rd hand. :D

    =R=

    Jake's Pizza
    2722 Dundee Rd
    Northbrook, IL 60062-2609
    (847) 498-6433
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #123 - October 7th, 2009, 2:25 pm
    Post #123 - October 7th, 2009, 2:25 pm Post #123 - October 7th, 2009, 2:25 pm
    The middle four pieces are the four pieces I ALWAYS want. I love those things. Yum.
    Ed Fisher
    my chicago food photos

    RIP LTH.
  • Post #124 - October 7th, 2009, 2:26 pm
    Post #124 - October 7th, 2009, 2:26 pm Post #124 - October 7th, 2009, 2:26 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Image
    Day 7, baby!


    I dunno, Ronnie. I see a little fatigue in his eyes.
  • Post #125 - October 7th, 2009, 2:30 pm
    Post #125 - October 7th, 2009, 2:30 pm Post #125 - October 7th, 2009, 2:30 pm
    gleam wrote:The middle four pieces are the four pieces I ALWAYS want. I love those things. Yum.

    LOL! I will save them for you. :wink:

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #126 - October 7th, 2009, 2:32 pm
    Post #126 - October 7th, 2009, 2:32 pm Post #126 - October 7th, 2009, 2:32 pm
    aschie30 wrote:I dunno, Ronnie. I see a little fatigue in his eyes.

    From your keyboard to you know who's ears. :)

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #127 - October 7th, 2009, 2:37 pm
    Post #127 - October 7th, 2009, 2:37 pm Post #127 - October 7th, 2009, 2:37 pm
    Is anyone taking action on this? I like Pizzaboy going away... he could probably do 2 months.

    (the middle 4 pieces are the crown jewels of square-cut pie!!!!!! THE CROWN JEWELS!)

    great thread
  • Post #128 - October 7th, 2009, 2:48 pm
    Post #128 - October 7th, 2009, 2:48 pm Post #128 - October 7th, 2009, 2:48 pm
    These last pics are making me confident of my pick of this lasting no more than 10 days. I can see some weakness showing in his eyes.
  • Post #129 - October 7th, 2009, 2:51 pm
    Post #129 - October 7th, 2009, 2:51 pm Post #129 - October 7th, 2009, 2:51 pm
    I still say the novelty will wear off. It may be close, but there's no way he makes it.

    If you want to try psyching him out, you might want to start downplaying the whole thing. Maybe the less attention he gets, the less fun it will be for him. If he's still going by day 20, just start ignoring him completely.
    -Josh

    I've started blogging about the Stuff I Eat
  • Post #130 - October 7th, 2009, 2:59 pm
    Post #130 - October 7th, 2009, 2:59 pm Post #130 - October 7th, 2009, 2:59 pm
    jimswside wrote:These last pics are making me confident of my pick of this lasting no more than 10 days. I can see some weakness showing in his eyes.


    I agree. When a man with no palate starts compalining about his pizza being too bland, that's a sure sign his facade is cracking. I'd be happy to take some action on Ronnie's side of the bet.
    Steve Z.

    “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #131 - October 7th, 2009, 7:01 pm
    Post #131 - October 7th, 2009, 7:01 pm Post #131 - October 7th, 2009, 7:01 pm
    stevez wrote:
    jimswside wrote:These last pics are making me confident of my pick of this lasting no more than 10 days. I can see some weakness showing in his eyes.


    I agree. When a man with no palate starts compalining about his pizza being too bland, that's a sure sign his facade is cracking. I'd be happy to take some action on Ronnie's side of the bet.


    I disagree. The Mexican pizza is one that he probably never orders. In fact,it was suggested by one of Ronnie's partners and not his idea. I predict he'll be back in the groove with his next sausage one.
  • Post #132 - October 7th, 2009, 8:39 pm
    Post #132 - October 7th, 2009, 8:39 pm Post #132 - October 7th, 2009, 8:39 pm
    Just as I was walking out the door, I ran into our boy tonight at Prairie Grass Cafe. He was in high spirits to say the least and took a seat at the bar -- with his wife -- to have some dinner. I sat and chatted with them for a few minutes and as long as I had the camera with me (I'd gone directly to PGC from the office), decided to take a few shots. However, what I witnessed was not particularly encouraging for me . . .

    Image
    Pizza with Italian Sausage, Grilled Onions-Peppers and Mozzarella Cheese


    Image
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he's lost too much momentum


    Image
    Yes, that's him getting ready to dig into his second pizza just minutes after snarfing down the first one.


    Image
    Sausage, onion and fresh jalapeno, a custom job

    For all I know, he ordered a third one after I left. I couldn't bear to watch it any longer. Frankly, he's pizza-eating beast!

    =R=

    Prairie Grass Cafe
    601 Skokie Blvd
    Northbrook, IL 60062
    847 205-4433
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #133 - October 7th, 2009, 8:59 pm
    Post #133 - October 7th, 2009, 8:59 pm Post #133 - October 7th, 2009, 8:59 pm
    Goodness, this man is no mere mortal!
    Fettuccine alfredo is mac and cheese for adults.
  • Post #134 - October 7th, 2009, 9:09 pm
    Post #134 - October 7th, 2009, 9:09 pm Post #134 - October 7th, 2009, 9:09 pm
    My prediction? November 1, his first meal after collecting, he orders sausage pizza.
  • Post #135 - October 7th, 2009, 9:14 pm
    Post #135 - October 7th, 2009, 9:14 pm Post #135 - October 7th, 2009, 9:14 pm
    Blown Z wrote:Goodness, this man is no mere mortal!

    Well, the pizzas are appetizers with pretty thin crusts but they're still fairly substantial in their own right.

    turkob wrote:My prediction? November 1, his first meal after collecting, he orders sausage pizza.

    Sadly, I think you may be on to something.

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #136 - October 8th, 2009, 8:34 am
    Post #136 - October 8th, 2009, 8:34 am Post #136 - October 8th, 2009, 8:34 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:
    Blown Z wrote:Goodness, this man is no mere mortal!

    Well, the pizzas are appetizers with pretty thin crusts but they're still fairly substantial in their own right.

    turkob wrote:My prediction? November 1, his first meal after collecting, he orders sausage pizza.

    Sadly, I think you may be on to something.

    =R=


    That's just SO wrong, on so many levels. :shock: However, Very entertaining. :D
    Last edited by MikeW665 on October 8th, 2009, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    The most dangerous food to eat is wedding cake.
    Proverb
  • Post #137 - October 8th, 2009, 8:43 am
    Post #137 - October 8th, 2009, 8:43 am Post #137 - October 8th, 2009, 8:43 am
    I think you got him. Those things pictured above are not pizzas.
  • Post #138 - October 8th, 2009, 8:48 am
    Post #138 - October 8th, 2009, 8:48 am Post #138 - October 8th, 2009, 8:48 am
    No Bears apparel. A sign he could be losing his composure.
    i used to milk cows
  • Post #139 - October 8th, 2009, 9:16 am
    Post #139 - October 8th, 2009, 9:16 am Post #139 - October 8th, 2009, 9:16 am
    JeffB wrote:I think you got him. Those things pictured above are not pizzas.

    :D Heh . . . they meet the 'crust + cheese + sausage' requirement, so they count. That said they're certainly on the lighter side. Maybe I should have laid out tighter parameters. It certainly would have been more monotonous for him if it had just been traditional sausage -- and only sausage -- on every pizza. Oh well, too late for that now.

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #140 - October 8th, 2009, 9:17 am
    Post #140 - October 8th, 2009, 9:17 am Post #140 - October 8th, 2009, 9:17 am
    teatpuller wrote:No Bears apparel. A sign he could be losing his composure.

    He probably had some signed Urlacher boxers on. :D

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #141 - October 8th, 2009, 10:02 am
    Post #141 - October 8th, 2009, 10:02 am Post #141 - October 8th, 2009, 10:02 am
    Breakfast this morning . . .

    Image
    Frozen Gino's Deep-Dish Sausage

    This interesting thing about this pizza is that last night being 'date night' for our boy and his wife, he knew he might be hung over this morning. So, as he was leaving the house last night, he put this frozen pizza in the oven and instructed the babysitter to take it out when it was ready. Thus, this morning when he stumbled out of bed, his Gino's pizza was ready and waiting for him in the fridge. It may not be pretty but it certainly was thoughtful.

    Btw, I've been told that he's not allowed to wear any sports team garb on date night. :D

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #142 - October 8th, 2009, 11:25 am
    Post #142 - October 8th, 2009, 11:25 am Post #142 - October 8th, 2009, 11:25 am
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Breakfast this morning . . .

    Image
    Frozen Gino's Deep-Dish Sausage

    This interesting thing about this pizza is that last night being 'date night' for our boy and his wife, he knew he might be hung over this morning. So, as he was leaving the house last night, he put this frozen pizza in the oven and instructed the babysitter to take it out when it was ready. Thus, this morning when he stumbled out of bed, his Gino's pizza was ready and waiting for him in the fridge. It may not be pretty but it certainly was thoughtful.

    Btw, I've been told that he's not allowed to wear any sports team garb on date night. :D

    =R=


    Loves pizza? Check.
    Has undiscerning tastes? Check.
    Has a financial interest in winning? Check.
    Has personal pride on the line? Check.
    Is actually taking the time to plan out his pizza eating ahead of time? Checkmate.

    This guy is an unstoppable force.
  • Post #143 - October 8th, 2009, 11:31 am
    Post #143 - October 8th, 2009, 11:31 am Post #143 - October 8th, 2009, 11:31 am
    I just felt moved to chime in here. This is the most entertaining thread I have read on the site. It beats out all the phone reservation debates, meat jello shots, and special food for food blogger bruhahas. Well done, Ronnie.

    Incidentally, put me in the camp now betting on Pizzaboy. A week ago, I would have been with Ronnie, but that have-the-babysitter-cook-the-frozen-pizza-and-I'll-eat-it-cold-for-hangover-breakfast move tells me this man could probably live like this forever. On November 1 I will applaud him.
    Today I caught that fish again, that lovely silver prince of fishes,
    And once again he offered me, if I would only set him free—
    Any one of a number of wonderful wishes... He was delicious! - Shel Silverstein
  • Post #144 - October 8th, 2009, 11:40 am
    Post #144 - October 8th, 2009, 11:40 am Post #144 - October 8th, 2009, 11:40 am
    MelT wrote:On November 1 I will applaud him.

    I'm thinking LTHforum party in Pizzboy's, soon to be Pizzaman, honor. Where should we hold the party, a pizza joint of course. I believe Barnaby's in Northbrook is one of Pizza Boy/Man's favorites.
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

    Low & Slow
  • Post #145 - October 8th, 2009, 12:10 pm
    Post #145 - October 8th, 2009, 12:10 pm Post #145 - October 8th, 2009, 12:10 pm
    MelT wrote:
    Incidentally, put me in the camp now betting on Pizzaboy. A week ago, I would have been with Ronnie, but that have-the-babysitter-cook-the-frozen-pizza-and-I'll-eat-it-cold-for-hangover-breakfast move tells me this man could probably live like this forever. On November 1 I will applaud him.



    Applaud him? On Nov. 1st we should hoist him on our shoulders and parade him through the streets for the ticker tape parade he so richly deserves.

    Think
    http://blogs.tampabay.com/superbowl/ima ... /ditka.jpg

    and

    http://www.suntimes.com/realchicago/196 ... 11-27f.jpg
    I'm not Angry, I'm hungry.
  • Post #146 - October 8th, 2009, 12:19 pm
    Post #146 - October 8th, 2009, 12:19 pm Post #146 - October 8th, 2009, 12:19 pm
    But instead of ticker tape, slices of pepperoni?

    -Dan
  • Post #147 - October 8th, 2009, 1:07 pm
    Post #147 - October 8th, 2009, 1:07 pm Post #147 - October 8th, 2009, 1:07 pm
    I may be my own worst enemy. Since I get out to eat a lot more than our boy, I know many more nearby places than he does to get pizza. Today, I shared some of that knowledge with him and the result was a bit surprising (which I will explain below).

    Lunch was delivery from The Original Il Forno Pizzeria in Highland Park . . .

    Image
    My favorite pizza box of all time, partially obscured by flyers


    Image
    Large thin-crust with Italian Beef, Hot Giardeniera and of course, Sausage


    Image
    Liquid condiments are sanctioned


    Image
    I'd describe this expression as blissful


    Image
    Day 8, baby!

    He absolutely loved this pizza, which he'd never had before -- and I have to agree that it was quite good. I had a couple pieces. The crust was nicely-thin, and crispy around the edge. The toppings were tasty, too, especially the hot giardeniera, which was really hot. In any case, I ordered a large, mainly so I could have a piece or 2 but after I had a couple, he actually started hoarding it. First, he told me I couldn't have any more of it. He eventually relented, telling me that I could only have some of the middle pieces. Even though he was full, he liked this pizza so much he wouldn't share it any more of it. He was literally counting the number of pieces he was going to have left for dinner. The good news was that he ate a lot of pizza, even though he didn't feel very hungry when it arrived (he'd eaten the entire Gino's pizza for breakfast). I can't tell if this series of events makes my chances to win better or worse. But I will say that friend to friend, I was at least glad to turn him on to a new (to him) place.

    =R=

    The Original Il Forno Pizzeria
    496 Old Elm Road
    Highland Park, IL 60035
    (847) 432-2440
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #148 - October 8th, 2009, 1:28 pm
    Post #148 - October 8th, 2009, 1:28 pm Post #148 - October 8th, 2009, 1:28 pm
    G Wiv wrote:
    MelT wrote:On November 1 I will applaud him.

    I'm thinking LTHforum party in Pizzboy's, soon to be Pizzaman, honor. Where should we hold the party, a pizza joint of course. I believe Barnaby's in Northbrook is one of Pizza Boy/Man's favorites.


    Burt's.
    Steve Z.

    “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #149 - October 8th, 2009, 1:40 pm
    Post #149 - October 8th, 2009, 1:40 pm Post #149 - October 8th, 2009, 1:40 pm
    G Wiv wrote:I'm thinking LTHforum party in Pizzboy's, soon to be Pizzaman, honor. Where should we hold the party, a pizza joint of course. I believe Barnaby's in Northbrook is one of Pizza Boy/Man's favorites.

    stevez wrote:Burt's.

    Yes, better idea.
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

    Low & Slow
  • Post #150 - October 8th, 2009, 2:06 pm
    Post #150 - October 8th, 2009, 2:06 pm Post #150 - October 8th, 2009, 2:06 pm
    G Wiv wrote:
    G Wiv wrote:I'm thinking LTHforum party in Pizzboy's, soon to be Pizzaman, honor. Where should we hold the party, a pizza joint of course. I believe Barnaby's in Northbrook is one of Pizza Boy/Man's favorites.

    stevez wrote:Burt's.

    Yes, better idea.

    Hey!! Who says there's even going to be a victory party for him?! :x :D

    But should he get through the next 22.5 days (which, I will admit seems likely at this point), I think it's only fair to let him pick the venue for a party. Come to think of it, I doubt he's ever been to Burt's.

    =R=
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more