LTH Home

National School Lunch Program

National School Lunch Program
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - March 20th, 2010, 9:14 am
    - March 20th, 2010, 9:14 am Post #61 - March 20th, 2010, 9:14 am
    Text of the full bill

To answer my own question earlier, in section 201, here's the wording:

‘‘(C) ADDITIONAL REIMBURSEMENT.— ‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—Each lunch served in school food authorities determined to be eligible under subparagraph (D) shall receive an additional 6 cents, adjusted in accordance with section 11(a)(3), to the national lunch average payment for each lunch served.
    ‘‘(ii) DISBURSEMENT.—The State7 agency shall disburse funds made available under this paragraph to school food authorities eligible to receive additional reimbursement.
    ‘‘(D) ELIGIBLE SCHOOL FOOD AUTHORITY.—To be eligible to receive an additional reimbursement described in this paragraph, a school food authority shall be certified by the State to be in compliance with the interim or final regulations described in subparagraph (A)(ii).

:shock: Going back to (A) (ii)
    ‘‘(ii) INTERIM OR FINAL REGULATIONS.— ‘‘(I) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 18 months after promulgation of the proposed regulations under clause (i), the Secretary shall promulgate interim or final regulations.
    ‘‘(II) DATE OF REQUIRED COMPLIANCE.—The Secretary shall establish in the interim or final regulations a date by which all school food authorities participating in the school lunch program authorized under this Act and the school breakfast program established by section 4 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 (42 U.S.C. 1773) are required to comply with the meal pattern and nutrition standards
    24 established in the interim or final regulations.

Near as my bear-of-very-little-brain brain can figure out, yes, this is the incentive program we asked for - but they haven't yet figured out the standards for it. FTW, though!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more