LTH Home

How do you like your eggs cooked?

How do you like your eggs cooked?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - April 30th, 2018, 6:46 pm
    Post #31 - April 30th, 2018, 6:46 pm Post #31 - April 30th, 2018, 6:46 pm
    I guess going to a restaurant that does things their way can be good or bad depending on what they do. Another place that pretty much does it their way is Vito and Nick's Pizza. All pizzas are cooked well done. I happen to want my pizza that way so I'm happy. But I also prefer a medium rare burger, so if a restaurant won't do it, I'll either deal with it or get something else. As you said riddlemay; that's the "contract" I entered into by eating there. And for me - always scrambled (easy to medium if asked).
  • Post #32 - May 21st, 2018, 11:55 am
    Post #32 - May 21st, 2018, 11:55 am Post #32 - May 21st, 2018, 11:55 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

I had breakfast at Walker Brothers in Highland Park today. I ordered 'The Continental' with two eggs, hashed browns, toast or pancakes, and orange juice.

"How do you like your eggs cooked?"

"Sunny side up, please."

"The Health Department won't let us serve those. You can have basted eggs."

"That's bullshit. There are no restrictions on sunny side up eggs." (Sometimes words fly out of my mouth without control)

I can't believe I missed this thread and I can't believe this happened. :lol:
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love
    There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach
    Read "Cooking for One" at Literary Orphans via my author page.

Late-Nite Eats Database
  • Post #33 - May 21st, 2018, 9:01 pm
    Post #33 - May 21st, 2018, 9:01 pm Post #33 - May 21st, 2018, 9:01 pm
    I just completed my annual training for our health department license for the Taste of Melrose Park and this was reiterated to the vendors as part of our training. Sunny side up eggs yolk does not reach the required temperature and should not be allowed in any restaurant that is following the guidelines of their health license on a city or state level.

I am not saying I agree, but it is put out there as part of their training.
    There's always room for fried bologna. - d4v3

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more