World-Class Asses: Bad Behaviors

World-Class Asses: Bad Behaviors
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - April 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm
    Post #61 - April 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm Post #61 - April 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm
    Three events in the last 24 hours:

1. Intersection of Fullerton, Damen and Elston:
    Old man driving an old car whose engine stalls in the intersection. Young man in SUV lays in the horn. What is accomplished by this beyond driving everyone's blood pressure up. Thankfully car restarts.

2. Parking lot of local grocery store
    I come out to find the car next to me has parked within four inches of the driver's door. I am within my lined zone, they are not. After making an attempt to move into the driver's seat from the passenger's, the driver shows up. Rather than look surprised or apologetic, she scowls and gets into her car.

3. Narrow aisle of grocery store
    My cart and I are against the counter sorting out vegetables. A woman loudly remarks I need to move. I look around to find this comment directed at me. I have no place to go, but a cart across could be moved just enough to clear her. I move this cart, she proceeds making some snide comment about where I positioned myself. Thankfully there were others who saw everything who also were puzzled by her reaction, too.
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #62 - April 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm
    Post #62 - April 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm Post #62 - April 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm
    I can't believe it took 3.5 years to revive this thread.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #63 - April 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm
    Post #63 - April 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm Post #63 - April 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm
    Hi,

It took me 10 minutes to decide which thread to throw this trifle into. :)

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #64 - April 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm
    Post #64 - April 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm Post #64 - April 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:2. Parking lot of local grocery store
    I come out to find the car next to me has parked within four inches of the driver's door. I am within my lined zone, they are not. After making an attempt to move into the driver's seat from the passenger's, the driver shows up. Rather than look surprised or apologetic, she scowls and gets into her car.

When the wonderful Roger Simon was a Tribune columnist, he'd occasionally do a column of random observations, and always would include one that said "People who [fill in obnoxious behavior here] should be beaten to death with sticks."

I am reminded of that now.
  • Post #65 - April 26th, 2012, 6:34 pm
    Post #65 - April 26th, 2012, 6:34 pm Post #65 - April 26th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Someone did this to me once, forcing me to climb in through the passenger side. As I was attempting to climb over the center console without getting shoe prints all over everything (this was back before our kids destroyed the interior of our once-pristine car with spilled milk, puke, and Joe's O's), I noticed three months' worth of pay-at-the-box parking slips stuffed in the drivers-side door pocket. So I grabbed all of them - there were easily 70 or 80 of the things, as I'd been parking at meters almost daily during those three months - and climbed back out the passenger side.

I walked over to the neighboring car and shoved those things everywhere...under the wipers, in the grill, through the gaps under the hood, through the gaps under the trunk, through the gaps of the doors, inside the fuel cover, under all of the window/windshield seals, in the exhaust pipe, etc.

I remember feeling more satisfied after that than I'd felt in quite a while. If that sort of thing is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I hope that bastard enjoyed my work.
  • Post #66 - April 26th, 2012, 6:58 pm
    Post #66 - April 26th, 2012, 6:58 pm Post #66 - April 26th, 2012, 6:58 pm
    Khaopaat wrote:I remember feeling more satisfied after that than I'd felt in quite a while. If that sort of thing is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I hope that bastard enjoyed my work.

With any luck his car exploded in a giant fireball.
  • Post #67 - April 26th, 2012, 7:31 pm
    Post #67 - April 26th, 2012, 7:31 pm Post #67 - April 26th, 2012, 7:31 pm
    Just be glad you don't live across the street from Scooters...

Managed to (thankfully very gently) scrape my car against car #1 who was parked about 6 inches over the line into my garage entrance while trying to avoid SUV #2 parked halfway across my garage entrance with hazards on. I admit to fantasizing about both choking on a piece of toffee from today's flavor-of-the-day...

Happens several times a week.
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #68 - April 27th, 2012, 9:51 am
    Post #68 - April 27th, 2012, 9:51 am Post #68 - April 27th, 2012, 9:51 am
    boudreaulicious wrote:Just be glad you don't live across the street from Scooters...

Managed to (thankfully very gently) scrape my car against car #1 who was parked about 6 inches over the line into my garage entrance while trying to avoid SUV #2 parked halfway across my garage entrance with hazards on. I admit to fantasizing about both choking on a piece of toffee from today's flavor-of-the-day...

Happens several times a week.

I make no qualms about calling the police when shit like this happens to me in Oak Park. In fact, they encourage it. I imagine Chicago police have much better things to do, unfortunately.
  • Post #69 - April 27th, 2012, 10:30 am
    Post #69 - April 27th, 2012, 10:30 am Post #69 - April 27th, 2012, 10:30 am
    Last week I spent half an hour tearing my hair out while hunting for a parking space at the hospital. Finally I found one, but the car on the left parked so far over the line that I couldn't actually get out of the car once I parked. I can't decide if it was better or worse that the car in question was a complete shitmobile.
    As a mattra-fact, Pie Face, you are beginning to look almost human. - Barbara Bennett
  • Post #70 - April 27th, 2012, 10:36 am
    Post #70 - April 27th, 2012, 10:36 am Post #70 - April 27th, 2012, 10:36 am
    Suzy Creamcheese wrote:Last week I spent half an hour tearing my hair out while hunting for a parking space at the hospital. Finally I found one, but the car on the left parked so far over the line that I couldn't actually get out of the car once I parked. I can't decide if it was better or worse that the car in question was a complete shitmobile.

At least in that case you can give him the benefit of the doubt...maybe he was distraught, had an emergency, etc. I bet the giant tank next to me at the Muvico was not having any such issues.

The nice part about being a shitmobile is they won't be able to tell when you key the doors, but it would make you feel real good.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #71 - April 27th, 2012, 10:37 am
    Post #71 - April 27th, 2012, 10:37 am Post #71 - April 27th, 2012, 10:37 am
    Khaopaat wrote:I walked over to the neighboring car and shoved those things everywhere...under the wipers, in the grill, through the gaps under the hood, through the gaps under the trunk, through the gaps of the doors, inside the fuel cover, under all of the window/windshield seals, in the exhaust pipe, etc.

I remember feeling more satisfied after that than I'd felt in quite a while. If that sort of thing is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I hope that bastard enjoyed my work.

I am no longer throwing these out!

I write stuff.
  • Post #72 - April 27th, 2012, 12:08 pm
    Post #72 - April 27th, 2012, 12:08 pm Post #72 - April 27th, 2012, 12:08 pm
    Suzy Creamcheese wrote:Last week I spent half an hour tearing my hair out while hunting for a parking space at the hospital. Finally I found one, but the car on the left parked so far over the line that I couldn't actually get out of the car once I parked. I can't decide if it was better or worse that the car in question was a complete shitmobile.

I've been known to exit through the trunk in these cases.
    Reading is a right. Censorship is not.
  • Post #73 - April 27th, 2012, 1:13 pm
    Post #73 - April 27th, 2012, 1:13 pm Post #73 - April 27th, 2012, 1:13 pm
    Khaopaat wrote:

Someone did this to me once, forcing me to climb in through the passenger side. As I was attempting to climb over the center console without getting shoe prints all over everything (this was back before our kids destroyed the interior of our once-pristine car with spilled milk, puke, and Joe's O's), I noticed three months' worth of pay-at-the-box parking slips stuffed in the drivers-side door pocket. So I grabbed all of them - there were easily 70 or 80 of the things, as I'd been parking at meters almost daily during those three months - and climbed back out the passenger side.

I walked over to the neighboring car and shoved those things everywhere...under the wipers, in the grill, through the gaps under the hood, through the gaps under the trunk, through the gaps of the doors, inside the fuel cover, under all of the window/windshield seals, in the exhaust pipe, etc.

you gotta be more creative, I once did the same thing except it was with a can of cat food....on a really hot day
  • Post #74 - April 27th, 2012, 1:18 pm
    Post #74 - April 27th, 2012, 1:18 pm Post #74 - April 27th, 2012, 1:18 pm
    This is kind of a long story, but it has so much asserry in it I need to tell it in full.

This happened years ago at the Duk's that used to be at Division and Damen. I went in there around 1:30 AM and while the place wasn't packed, it had the usual assortment of interesting people it tended to have at that hour. There was only one women in line in front of me, so I figured I'd be in and out of there quickly. No such luck.

The woman had 5 kids with her (aged 4-7 or so) who were in a booth shouting their orders to her, and she seemed to have quite a few items to order herself. This approach to taking the orders was chaotic at best - instead of ordering something like "4 burgers with X, Y, and Z, 2 burgers with X and Y, and 3 dogs with Y and Z" she was ordering each item one by one. To make matters worse the kids kept changing their minds and adding to the order, which prompted her to yell at them each time before changing the order. All in all I think she ordered about 15 to 20 things. The guy working the counter spoke in broken English (with a heavy Polish accent) and was also the cook. He was clearly NOT happy with this woman, and she was picking up on that . By the time she finished placing her order they looked ready to kill each other.

After a couple minutes her food starts coming out. The cook is bagging her items as he finishes them and she opens each bag to check that the order is correct - which apparently it wasn't (although I don't know how she could have known without having the full order in front of her). She starts swearing at the guy, he starts yelling at her in Polish and waving his spatula at her, getting lines of hot grease on her face and shirt. This is too much for her and she tries to launch herself over the counter to punch the guy (they were both very large people). He grabs her neck and starts punching her in the face and pounding her head on the counter. The kids just sit and stare.

Fortunately there were a couple cops right out front (probably keeping an eye on the dealer hanging out by the pay phone) and they rush right in. They pull the woman off the counter, cuff her, and drag her out of Duk's. The kids are left behind in the booth.

So…. Now it's my turn to order. I keep it simple - 2 dogs w/mustard, onions, tomatoes, pickles and an order of fries. The cook turns the order around quickly, I pay, and I'm good to go. I'm starving (remember, I'm at Duk's at 1:30 in the morning) so I reach into the bag to start in on one of the hot dogs before leaving the counter. My order is completely wrong - 3 dogs, relish, no onions, 2 orders of fries.

I thanked the guy behind the counter and went on my way.
    It is VERY important to be smart when you're doing something stupid

- Chris

http://stavewoodworking.com
  • Post #75 - April 28th, 2012, 9:23 am
    Post #75 - April 28th, 2012, 9:23 am Post #75 - April 28th, 2012, 9:23 am
    Attrill wrote:This is kind of a long story, but it has so much asserry in it I need to tell it in full.

This happened years ago at the Duk's that used to be at Division and Damen. I went in there around 1:30 AM ...

Dude, you're a badass! When a story starts w/ that sentence it usta end w/ someone dead.
  • Post #76 - August 28th, 2015, 4:53 pm
    Post #76 - August 28th, 2015, 4:53 pm Post #76 - August 28th, 2015, 4:53 pm
    Three days a week, I have one hour and fifteen minutes to call my own. I spend this time grocery shopping, reading in the car, checking out farmer's markets, getting an oil change, tires rotated, washing the car or having a quick lunch. It is Saturday type chores split over a few weekday mornings.

On Wednesday, I was at Aldi buying milk. There was a line at the single cashier, though I knew from experience this would be fairly quick exit.

There was a woman-from-another-land who seemed to be settling her bill. She was inquiring about something she just purchased. She then proceeds to push a full cart backwards toward other customers. She had not yet unloaded her groceries onto the conveyor belt for scanning. To help speed things along, the cashier helped unload cart.

As items were finally being scanned, she had questions about a number of items. She then holds up a plastic encapsulated food chopper, which she claims was the last on the shelf and requested discount. There was a lot of discussion about this, which I sitting in the peanut gallery finally shouted, "What makes you believe they should offer you a discount?" No reply, though none was really expected. She amplified the pressure on the cashier by pleasantly suggesting, "I don't mean to keep all these people waiting." I piped up, "You are keeping all these people waiting. Cashier, can you ask for another line to open up?"

While waiting for the next line to open, managers are being called in to check inventory and respond to this woman's demand for a discount. A cashier shows up to, "Take the next customer," then a woman behind me bolts to the line. I stopped her by reminding her I had been stuck waiting and watching this drama unfold, I was really next in line. She relented, then later commented that some people need to have more patience. We then got into a discussion whether it was the other cashier or the customer who was being a problem, we both agreed it was the customer.

I left, then when I returned the cart to get my precious quarter back. I peered into the store to see this woman making all these gestures. As I pulled out of my parking space, I saw her walk to her car. I was very curious what she arrived in. She unloaded into a Lexus SUV.

I was very tempted to give her a piece of my mind. I decided to leave it alone, because my time was bleeding away and I had one more stop.

Today, I stopped by hoping to find the same cashier to learn the rest of the story. I lucked out, she was there. When I asked about the woman-from-another-land who insisted on a discount for the last item. She was very glad to affirm what a demanding person this woman was. To my delight, I learned she never did get the discount she wished for. I told her I was mighty tempted to buy it out from under her for full price, then sensibly return it another day. We both had a good laugh thinking how surprised she might have been.

Behind us was another woman-from-another-land, who happened to share the same ethnicity. She knew the type of person we encountered. She said they act like the red carpet should be thrown down because they entered your store. She agreed there was no reason to demand a discount just because it might be the last item on the shelf.

I guess I should add people watching to how I occupy myself for my hour and fifteen minutes. Oy!

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #77 - August 28th, 2015, 7:22 pm
    Post #77 - August 28th, 2015, 7:22 pm Post #77 - August 28th, 2015, 7:22 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:A cashier shows up to, "Take the next customer," then a woman behind me bolts to the line.
    That's pretty much how it always is. The 'next in line' really means 'first over here' and don't think elbows are out of bounds.
  • Post #78 - August 28th, 2015, 7:32 pm
    Post #78 - August 28th, 2015, 7:32 pm Post #78 - August 28th, 2015, 7:32 pm
    BrendanR wrote:
    Cathy2 wrote:A cashier shows up to, "Take the next customer," then a woman behind me bolts to the line.
    That's pretty much how it always is. The 'next in line' really means 'first over here' and don't think elbows are out of bounds.

Every once in a while, I have encountered a cashier who gently pulls your cart into the first-in-line position. I agree, usually everyone is knocking themselves over to get it.

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #79 - August 28th, 2015, 8:25 pm
    Post #79 - August 28th, 2015, 8:25 pm Post #79 - August 28th, 2015, 8:25 pm
    World-Class Great Behavior:

I had a cashier @ Mariano's who had just closed, noticed me pull up to the next counter without very much in my cart and gestured to me to come over. She opened just for me. Won my heart!
    There are some secrets which do not permit themselves to be told. (Poe)
  • Post #80 - August 29th, 2015, 7:45 am
    Post #80 - August 29th, 2015, 7:45 am Post #80 - August 29th, 2015, 7:45 am
    you went to an Aldi's with more than one cashier working? :shock:
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #81 - August 29th, 2015, 9:01 am
    Post #81 - August 29th, 2015, 9:01 am Post #81 - August 29th, 2015, 9:01 am
    Katie wrote:
    you went to an Aldi's with more than one cashier working? :shock:

They brought a second one as the line was building behind this situation.

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #82 - August 31st, 2015, 12:39 am
    Post #82 - August 31st, 2015, 12:39 am Post #82 - August 31st, 2015, 12:39 am
    Not admitting how I might know this but, a can of sardines kept for those special occasions, and the juices poured into the vents for the defrosters under the wiper blades tends to feel like you've leveled out a random parking offense.
    D.G. Sullivan's, "we're a little bit Irish, and a whole lot of fun"!
  • Post #83 - September 18th, 2015, 3:01 pm
    Post #83 - September 18th, 2015, 3:01 pm Post #83 - September 18th, 2015, 3:01 pm
    Cathy2 wrote: She agreed there was no reason to demand a discount just because it might be the last item on the shelf.

That's not how capitalism works...

That's the last one in my inventory? That means price just doubled for you :twisted:

Supply and demand, supply and demand...
  • Post #84 - February 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm
    Post #84 - February 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm Post #84 - February 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm
    Hi,

Recently, I was standing at Jewel's wall of bananas deciding which bunch was smallest. When it comes to fruit, I prefer small over large to avoid half-eaten fruit fatigue.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman break off some bananas from a bunch and threw the rest against the display.

I debated for a moment, then let my thoughts fly out of my mouth, "That's really not very nice to throw down those bananas. They so easily bruise. Really, you should just place them back on the rack."

This woman did not acknowledge my comment. She proceeded to peel off more bananas off another bunch, then placed it back on the rack.

"Thank you."

I caught a look of her face, she was somewhere in her 40's. I really thought I was talking to someone much younger. I mentioned this incident to some friends who fully expected it would be an older woman.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #85 - February 28th, 2018, 8:42 am
    Post #85 - February 28th, 2018, 8:42 am Post #85 - February 28th, 2018, 8:42 am
    people really could show a little more care when rummaging through avocados
  • Post #86 - February 28th, 2018, 9:14 am
    Post #86 - February 28th, 2018, 9:14 am Post #86 - February 28th, 2018, 9:14 am
    I would think that they would be younger. Most of us older ones still understand respect. I would assume that stores have a formula for expected loss from over handling by (certain) customers that we all get to pay for.
  • Post #87 - July 24th, 2019, 9:51 pm
    Post #87 - July 24th, 2019, 9:51 pm Post #87 - July 24th, 2019, 9:51 pm
    Note to couple sitting behind me last weekend at Pho 5 Lua. Vietnamese restaurants do not serve miso soup. Japan and Vietnam are not the same country. No need to become angry or feel imposed upon. Regards, amused fly-on-the-wall.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #88 - July 25th, 2019, 7:44 am
    Post #88 - July 25th, 2019, 7:44 am Post #88 - July 25th, 2019, 7:44 am
    Cathy,
    Sounds like you spend you free time in the same way I like to! I spend time hunting for bargains, frequenting Farmer's Markets. Most people would be shocked how much time I spend grocery "shopping". I like to know prices, what is good where, etc. It is why I love LTH.
  • Post #89 - July 25th, 2019, 9:20 am
    Post #89 - July 25th, 2019, 9:20 am Post #89 - July 25th, 2019, 9:20 am
    jilter wrote:Cathy,
    Sounds like you spend you free time in the same way I like to! I spend time hunting for bargains, frequenting Farmer's Markets. Most people would be shocked how much time I spend grocery "shopping". I like to know prices, what is good where, etc. It is why I love LTH.

Hi,

I do like grocery shopping. My family laughs at the wide range of shopping sources I use. I also have a good sense of price to value, because I really do not overpaying for just about anything.

I am rarely at a farmers market, but I do drive out to farms. It was something I started doing long before the network of farmers markets today.

If there was a natural disaster, I could likely feed the neighborhood for some days.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

• Post #90 - July 25th, 2019, 2:17 pm
    Post #90 - July 25th, 2019, 2:17 pm Post #90 - July 25th, 2019, 2:17 pm
    Cathy2 wrote: (granted- on August 28th, 2015, 4:53 pm)
    "Three days a week, I have one hour and fifteen minutes to call my own. I spend this time grocery shopping, reading in the car, checking out farmer's markets.."

Cathy2 wrote:
    jilter wrote:Cathy,

Hi,

I am rarely at a farmers market, but I do drive out to farms. It was something I started doing long before the network of farmers markets today.

If there was a natural disaster, I could likely feed the neighborhood for some days.

Regards,
    Cathy2

I am dense, forgive me. I have been clicking on Active Topics to catch up in the forum, and continually failing to realize I am reading older posts. I will try to pay closer attention. Sorry for my error.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more