LTH Home

Chicago Magazine spam?

Chicago Magazine spam?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Chicago Magazine spam?

Post #1 - August 16th, 2004, 10:31 pm
    Post #1 - August 16th, 2004, 10:31 pm Post #1 - August 16th, 2004, 10:31 pm
    I assume that everyone who has been subscribed to Chicago Magazine's Dish (nee Morsels) has also gotten all of the new spam they've started up -- Sales Check, Marquee, and the rest.

Has anyone successfully unsubscribed from this garbage? I've unsubscribed weekly to every single newsletter for the five weeks they've been spamming me, sometimes sending more than two dozen requests from my address to the proper *-uns@trb.com address, and I still get their spam.

Any tips you have for successfully stopping the flood are very appreciated.
    Last edited by Bob S. on August 17th, 2004, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #2 - August 17th, 2004, 6:19 am
    Post #2 - August 17th, 2004, 6:19 am Post #2 - August 17th, 2004, 6:19 am
    Bob S. wrote:I assume that everyone who has been subscribed to Chicago Magazine's Dish (nee Morsels) has also gotten all of the new spam they've started up -- Sales Check, Marquee, and the rest.

Has anyone successfully unsubscribed from this garbage? I've unsubscribed weekly to every single newsletter for the five weeks they've been spamming me, sometimes sending more than two dozen requests from my address to the proper *-uns@trb.com address, and I still get their spam.

Any tips you have for unsuccessfully stopping the flood are very appreciated.

I make rules in Outlook to delete messages like that.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!
  • Post #3 - August 17th, 2004, 11:55 am
    Post #3 - August 17th, 2004, 11:55 am Post #3 - August 17th, 2004, 11:55 am
    Unfortunately, my only email client is my cell phone, which has no filters. (Plus, the point is, they shouldn't be spamming in the first place, and if they're going to spam and provide an unsubscribe link, it should work.)
  • Post #4 - August 17th, 2004, 12:41 pm
    Post #4 - August 17th, 2004, 12:41 pm Post #4 - August 17th, 2004, 12:41 pm
    Bob S. wrote:(Plus, the point is, they shouldn't be spamming in the first place, and if they're going to spam and provide an unsubscribe link, it should work.)

The unsubsrcibe link worked for me.
  • Post #5 - August 17th, 2004, 4:04 pm
    Post #5 - August 17th, 2004, 4:04 pm Post #5 - August 17th, 2004, 4:04 pm
    Bob S. wrote:Unfortunately, my only email client is my cell phone, which has no filters. (Plus, the point is, they shouldn't be spamming in the first place, and if they're going to spam and provide an unsubscribe link, it should work.)

I agree. I hate it when I continute to get email from places I no longer do business with. I still get health suggestions from my old insurance company.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more