LTH Home

Chanterelle for sale

Chanterelle for sale
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Chanterelle for sale

Post #1 - July 7th, 2013, 7:40 pm
    Post #1 - July 7th, 2013, 7:40 pm Post #1 - July 7th, 2013, 7:40 pm
    Chanterelle for sale by the ½ lb. or lb.

My little brother lives in the middle of the woods in Indiana, and truth be told the advantages almost make up for it. He fishes regularly and a good deal of what they eat is local and fresh.
    Case in point – he’s had his fill of chanterelles and he’d like to sell some. He plucked these himself from the forest floor. He’s asking:

$10/half lb.
    $18/lb.
    $85/5 lbs.

He has about 20 lbs. now but knows where he can forage more if needed.

Pics for those interested…
    Yellow treats on the forrest floor:

An afternoon’s harvest ready for dinner:

PM me or reply to this post and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks!
    Joe
  • Post #2 - July 9th, 2013, 10:26 pm
    Post #2 - July 9th, 2013, 10:26 pm Post #2 - July 9th, 2013, 10:26 pm
    Hi,

I was at my mushroom club meeting last night. Chanterelles are just beginning to pop up in this area, which is several weeks earlier than normal.

Is your brother experiencing early appearance of chanterelles based on his prior experience, too?

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - July 26th, 2013, 9:49 am
    Post #3 - July 26th, 2013, 9:49 am Post #3 - July 26th, 2013, 9:49 am
    Quick update - Bro is coming in to Chicago from south Indiana tomorrow.
    He's brining at least 20 lbs. If anyone's interested PM me; he'll start calling restaurants tomorrow and they usually go fast.
  • Post #4 - July 26th, 2013, 2:13 pm
    Post #4 - July 26th, 2013, 2:13 pm Post #4 - July 26th, 2013, 2:13 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

I was at my mushroom club meeting last night. Chanterelles are just beginning to pop up in this area, which is several weeks earlier than normal.

Is your brother experiencing early appearance of chanterelles based on his prior experience, too?

Regards,

They do seem to be cropping up early!
    I actually found a nice stash a month ago in Hinsdale of all places!
  • Post #5 - July 26th, 2013, 3:49 pm
    Post #5 - July 26th, 2013, 3:49 pm Post #5 - July 26th, 2013, 3:49 pm
    I replied to you on my wife's computer as Chapulin that I was interested in chanterelles. Alas, in the interim, I have been in the hospital with a heart attack! Just got the message today that your brother was in town, but I suspect it is too late to arrange a meeting, especially as I am not up to driving very far from Evanston. If you want to contact me, best to phone my daughter, who is in town this week to take care of me, at 626-241-8832. Thanks.
    Robert
  • Post #6 - July 26th, 2013, 8:20 pm
    Post #6 - July 26th, 2013, 8:20 pm Post #6 - July 26th, 2013, 8:20 pm
    rgl201 wrote:I replied to you on my wife's computer as Chapulin that I was interested in chanterelles. Alas, in the interim, I have been in the hospital with a heart attack! Just got the message today that your brother was in town, but I suspect it is too late to arrange a meeting, especially as I am not up to driving very far from Evanston. If you want to contact me, best to phone my daughter, who is in town this week to take care of me, at 626-241-8832. Thanks.
    Robert

Sorry, can't make it to Evanston.
    If you know anyone in the Oak Park area have them give me a call: 708 790-1700.
    Hope your feeling better!
    Joe

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more