Chefs

Posted December 4th 2009, 5:05pm
ok, I guess I understand, but why wouldn't I just call for the reservation... for free? I mean, I'm already using my phone, right?

Posted December 4th 2009, 5:21pm
sarcon wrote:ok, I guess I understand, but why wouldn't I just call for the reservation... for free? I mean, I'm already using my phone, right?

I believe the setup is that the participating restaurants will only give you the deal listed in the app (prix fixe specials, free wine with dinner purchases, etc.) if you book through the app itself.
Posted December 4th 2009, 7:08pm
Though some of the deals are kind of lame. 6:30 reservation at the Bristol? Probably never needed.

Leek
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT IT CHANGES THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG.
American Brittany Rescuealways needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog.
Posted December 25th 2009, 6:28pm
id love the app if it didn't crash every time i try to launch it.

is making all his reservations under the name Steve Plotnicki from now on.
Posted December 25th 2009, 8:42pm
There is a small portion of our membership that is having this crashing issue. A new version of the app is being reviewed now by Apple and should be out next week! We hope you will stay with us, because beyond the technical issues are really great restaurants and great chefs. We'll solve the crash issues, I promise!

Posted December 26th 2009, 11:59am
#foodietheapp wrote:There is a small portion of our membership that is having this crashing issue. A new version of the app is being reviewed now by Apple and should be out next week! We hope you will stay with us, because beyond the technical issues are really great restaurants and great chefs. We'll solve the crash issues, I promise!
I'll update when it's out, so we'll see. I can't even get the thing launched, even after a delete and reinstall.

is making all his reservations under the name Steve Plotnicki from now on.
Posted December 27th 2009, 1:54pm
I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I seem to have forgotten my password and can't find any way to reset it. Several emails to contact address on web have not been productive.

Leek
SAVING ONE DOG MAY NOT CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT IT CHANGES THE WORLD FOR THAT ONE DOG.
American Brittany Rescuealways needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog.
Posted December 27th 2009, 2:02pm
send me a note with you name to support@foodietheapp.com and I can trigger a password reset for you.

Posted November 16th 2011, 3:55pm
FYI - I just got an email and it seems that FoodieTheApp.com and the related IPhone apps are now DEFUNCT. All Foodie subscribers will be auto-enrolled into the ChicagoMag's foodie / eating newsletter "Dish".

Too bad, since I DID use it a few times, most notably to get a reservation at The Bristol.I must admit though I haven't used the app for a while, it seems that for a period there were several bugs and eventually I just forgot about it.

There is no accounting for taste!
Posted November 16th 2011, 4:01pm
Hoping that an app for IPad will soon be developed???????
Posted November 17th 2011, 1:36pm
The Bristol now takes reservations via Open Table (or just call them).

Leek
Posted November 17th 2011, 5:07pm
Well , one reason why foodie went belly up I guess?

There is no accounting for taste!
GNR

Online Information